It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon plans to cut most of its support to CIA's counterterrorism missions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
"In a surprising move, the Pentagon has told the Central Intelligence Agency that it plans to end the majority of the military support it provides to the agency's counterterrorism missions by Jan. 5, according to a former senior administration intelligence official"

"Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller sent a letter to CIA Director Gina Haspel outlining the decision, according to the former official, who characterized the action as both surprising and unprecedented."

Not sure what ramifacations this will have.. seems pretty huge though.

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 10-12-2020 by samuelsson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

Someone in the military must have found out about the " real 9-11 " events .

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Maybe the pentagon is getting ready to shift its focus & assets elsewhere. Asia?

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

IDK the reason why this is happening, in reality, but the cover story floated out through the CIA/MIC's propaganda arm (ABC, etc) is laughable.

Never ceases to amaze me that people continue to swallow bait cast out by the MSM, hook, line and sinker.

That diversion from counterterrorism missions would be in line with the National Defense Strategy that pushes the military's focus away from the regional wars in the Middle East towards near-peer competitors like Russia and China.

Countries with the biggest defence budgets in 2019

1. United States of America - $717bn

2. China - $177bn

3. India - $60.9bn

4. Germany - $53bn

5. Saudi Arabia - $51bn

6. United Kingdom - $49bn

7. France - $48bn

8. Japan - $47bn

9. Russia - $46.4bn

10. South Korea - $42bn
edit on 10-12-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I'm just wondering how long it will be before we're flying a Chinese flag at the White House and painting Wall street red.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Well, we have a Biden admin coming into office soon, so if anyone remembers what it was like when Obama was in office then you would know why. Get ready for the Democrats pals, ISIS, to start wrecking havoc in the US again soon.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I like the cut of your jib mate lol
a reply to: Klassified

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Hadn't really thought about that. How much of a saying does Trump have in any of this?

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

IDK the reason why this is happening, in reality, but the cover story floated out through the CIA/MIC's propaganda arm (ABC, etc) is laughable.

Never ceases to amaze me that people continue to swallow bait cast out by the MSM, hook, line and sinker.

That diversion from counterterrorism missions would be in line with the National Defense Strategy that pushes the military's focus away from the regional wars in the Middle East towards near-peer competitors like Russia and China.

Countries with the biggest defence budgets in 2019

1. United States of America - $717bn

2. China - $177bn

3. India - $60.9bn

4. Germany - $53bn

5. Saudi Arabia - $51bn

6. United Kingdom - $49bn

7. France - $48bn

8. Japan - $47bn

9. Russia - $46.4bn

10. South Korea - $42bn

A lot of that oft touted budget is stolen by defence contractors and various corrupt schemes. Money spent is not proportional to capability.

UK, French and German militaries are a joke compared to South Korea, for example. Germany's in particular, which has next to no servicable aircraft, a comparatively meagre sized army severely deficient in equipment and the less said about their navy the better.

It also ignores geographical concerns. America has commitments all over the globe. China does not have to defeat the entire US Armed Forces in a new pacific war. They merely have to be able to defeat the Pacific Fleet. Something the People's Liberation Navy will have parity with as soon as 2022.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: samuelsson

Hadn't really thought about that. How much of a saying does Trump have in any of this?

Miller is a recent Trump appointee, post-attempted coup of November 3.

I'm thinking the point here is that the CIA is involved in some Deep-State #e and the military just picked up it's toys and went back home. This letter would be the slamming of the door on the way out.

Could this be a breaking of alliance between the CIA and the DOD?

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

You raise some valid points, but can I ask.... do you honestly believe that the reason for this "shift", if it indeed is even proceeding as described in the press, is tantamount to resource reallocation?

If so, why allow their intentions to be telegraphed in such a way?

If this is actually even happening, I wouldn't put stock that the motivation has anything to do with what the MSM reports it to be.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I'm just wondering how long it will be before we're flying a Chinese flag at the White House and painting Wall street red.

You mean, like with high-Caliber rounds?

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Miller is a recent Trump appointee, post-attempted coup of November 3.

I'm thinking the point here is that the CIA is involved in some Deep-State #e and the military just picked up it's toys and went back home. This letter would be the slamming of the door on the way out.

Could this be a breaking of alliance between the CIA and the DOD?
Yowza.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

How much does any prez during a pandemic/coup/world-takeover....

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I would say zero.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

originally posted by: Klassified

You mean, like with high-Caliber rounds?

Well...I'll just say there's a bit of a double meaning. Let your imagination run wild.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Well get ready for the revving up of the ISIS ,al qaeda , and the new terrorist organization CHIDEN to send a quick reminder to Americans how important the ci a is and why the military should be at their beck and call

Wait, isn't Haspel in Guantanamo bay resort after getting injured in a fire fight?

edit on 061231America/ChicagoThu, 10 Dec 2020 09:06:57 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
These issues have been building for awhile, not surprised here. Just what went on with those election servers in Germany?

Congress declares Q as a terrorist organization when Q is a military operation. Why is congress scared? Just how many would be sentenced to death if there crimes where accounted? How many would lose everything from the public shame? How much effort has gone into hiding and censoring the truth? How long has the CIA been protecting and participating in these crimes?

As for the ramifications, DOD is on team Trump with the CIA on team Biden in this election runoff. These are large organizations and will have some people on both sides.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Shame how many people dont realize that every time we hand out a contract every subcontractor the main company uses will suddenly find parts are in shortage and raise the price of everything.

And pentagon bean counters are notorius for not doing or saying anythihng about it and congress is worse since they are owned by everyone but the people.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Also GOOD, tired of reading about good men that died on the vine because CIA sends them in with to little support and are willing to let them die to maintain plausible deniability.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join