It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of Texas filed a lawsuit directly with the U.S. Supreme Court

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

At the very least when they realize they've lost the consent of a large portion of the governed.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SammyB0476

Florida.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: Snarl

We're being played for sure.
But, Texas don't play.
Remember the Alamo?
Pepperidge Farm sure as sh!t does!

I think everyone remembers the Alamo...
Unfortunately I don't think people remember Texas lost at the Alamo.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That is absolutely untrue.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: jrod

No.
It is much more than that, plainly spelled out in the OP.

Additionally, Texas argues that there were differences in voting rules and procedures in different counties within the states, violating the Constitution’s Equal Protection Clause.

It is about the Constitution.

How exactly does Texas have a right to determine what another State does or other counties do?

No, it looks to me like Texas is saying those states broke their own laws and in doing so, violated the constitution.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

No.

Additionally, Texas argues that there were differences in voting rules and procedures in different counties within the states, violating the Constitution’s Equal Protection Clause.

How exactly does Texas have a right to determine what another State does or other counties do?

No, it looks to me like Texas is saying those states broke their own laws and in doing so, violated the constitution.

You dumbed it down even further than I did!

Careful, he might bust his gut wide open laughing about that. Seems to be the only recourse for people caught gnawing on their feet.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

No.

No States have "broken their own laws" as of yet.

We will see, though.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

No.

Careful, he might bust his gut wide open laughing about that. Seems to be the only recourse for people caught gnawing on their feet.

Yep, I can confirm I find the religious fervor on display here FASCINATING.

Gosh I hope this turns out to be real.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

States sue each other all the time.
Every election must follow current state and federal laws.
This suit is Texas claiming these other states failed to do that very thing.

They are well within their rights to file this lawsuit.

link   

No.

Correct.
The Constitution is specific that the states legislatures may decide on various rules about voting within that state.
The problem is that a number of states made changes to the rules already set down by their legislatures through the state courts and executive branches.... that does not agree with the US Constitution.

+1 more 
link   
The US election is super dodgy, people all around the world can see it and all these internet people screaming "there is no evidence" are not suspect at all...

link   

No.

And by doing so and affecting the outcome of the election thereby, those state then affect the overall decision of the people of Texas through a process that did not ensure a free, legal, fair election which would be Texas's argument for standing.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

No.

Could you pout a little harder, please? It's unbecoming for an adult, but definitely amusing to see such unabashed sulking over the mere notion of the case being considered in SCOTUS.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Less religious fervor and more fear.

If election was stolen and if that is allowed to stand, no election ever again can be trusted by anyone no matter its outcome.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xabi87
The US election is super dodgy, people all around the world can see it and all these internet people screaming "there is no evidence" are not suspect at all...

Absolutely, they compared the Social Security Death Index with the people that actually voted and found thousands of dead people. I´ve yet to see a single leftist explain how this could be anything else than election fraud.

-MM
edit on 8-12-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Less religious fervor and more fear.

If election was stolen and if that is allowed to stand, no election ever again can be trusted by anyone no matter its outcome.

For many, that's already the case. I can't count the times I've read and a handful of times I've heard people saying they may never vote again, since it seems their vote doesn't count anyway, and not all were republicans.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

originally posted by: Xabi87

Absolutely, they compared the Social Security Death Index with the people that actually voted and found thousands of dead people that voted. I´ve yet to see a single leftist explain how this could be anything else than election fraud.

-MM

They can't, that's why they avoid that discussion when possible.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: Arnie123

It will not be long before Texas turns blue. The minority population is growing at a much faster rate that Caucasians. This is also a key factor in Georgia and why they voted for Biden.

In fact several traditionally red states will likely go blue by the end of the decade due to population trends.

Caucasians will be the minority in the US by 2045.

The Republican party will have to adapt to the changing demographics or it will end up like the Whig party.
You’re absolutely right. The GOP needs to concentrate on detaching blacks and Hispanics from the Dems. The majority of black and Hispanic voters are Christians, so that’s a good place to start. Millennials and Gen Z need to hear how new programs pushed by Dems will increase national debt, which the young people of today will be paying for all their lives.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: SammyB0476

Florida.

They have greatly cracked down on ways to conduct voting irregularities and tightened election laws.

I guess they were tired of being America's punching bag every election. Which is understandable.

More States should follow Florida's example. Never thought i'd say that.

edit on 8122020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

No.

Could you pout a little harder, please? It's unbecoming for an adult, but definitely amusing to see such unabashed sulking over the mere notion of the case being considered in SCOTUS.

Pouting?

I'm literally giddy at the whole thing!!! Even if it turns out to be the usual Breitbart BS ... this is amazing!

With the added bonus that you get to demonstate the zero content nature of your posts repeatedly.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join