It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of Texas filed a lawsuit directly with the U.S. Supreme Court

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+65 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Link The State of Texas filed a lawsuit directly with the U.S. Supreme Court shortly before midnight on Monday challenging the election procedures in Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin on the grounds that they violate the Constitution.

Texas argues that these states violated the Electors Clause of the Constitution because they made changes to voting rules and procedures through the courts or through executive actions, but not through the state legislatures. Additionally, Texas argues that there were differences in voting rules and procedures in different counties within the states, violating the Constitution’s Equal Protection Clause. Finally, Texas argues that there were “voting irregularities” in these states as a result of the above.

I like the comment that was left"

Brilliant! They just bypassed a slew of activist democrat judges.

Pretty obvious to me that the elite are using the system to stall any action to correct the obvious election rigging ... until after the electors have been appointed.

Know what really pisses me off though? No one is being charged ... anywhere. Folks, we're all being played.

MOD NOTE

PLEASE READ.....This is not the Mud Pit.....
edit on Tue Dec 8 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

We're being played for sure.
But, Texas don't play.
Remember the Alamo?
Pepperidge Farm sure as sh!t does!

edit on 8-12-2020 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

+40 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
If you look at what's being charged, the states in question are going against their own constitution. Asking them to follow their own rules shouldn't be something that needs to be litigated in court, but here we are.

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
If you look at what's being charged, the states in question are going against their own constitution. Asking them to follow their own rules shouldn't be something that needs to be litigated in court, but here we are.

In the INSTANT that that was discovered ... the hammer should have come down. Trump, himself, should be pointing the finger of justice at people who were involved ... as they're discovered ... and revoking their citizenship on-the-spot.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Finally some good news!

Whatever happens, it's heartening to see that there are still good people willing to do something.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: network dude

In the INSTANT that that was discovered ... the hammer should have come down. Trump, himself, should be pointing the finger of justice at people who were involved ... as they're discovered ... and revoking their citizenship on-the-spot.

I think when this is reported on THE REAL FACTUAL WAY, if it ever is, the public may start to ask questions. So far, the MSM has done a nice job of vilifying any and all things Trump.

BAMN, amirite?

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This was my route anyway if Trump were to leave office, sick to Local and State politics. If we couldn’t get our President, at the very least, we can keep out State Red.

Seeing how Governor’s are like little State Presidents themselves, we’ve had some real good Texas leadership here. Enough to pull support.

I’ll say this much, WITHOUT that support and energy, Texas can turn blue, it’s there, the Democrats want it bad and every election cycle that are out in force. Unfortunately, that’s our position here, always responding in kind, but damn its only about a 10-15% gain over them AND that’s with everyone engaged. All it takes is for us to sleep on one election cycle and boom, Blue Texas 🥶

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I heard a rumor this was a possibility, but I honestly did not believe it would happen. It's one of those few times a rumor turned out to be true. "Don't mess with Texas."

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Still zero confirmation of this anywhere but Breitbart.

I'll be really interested to see if this story has any merit.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

It's time for all the other states to do the same.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Link1
Link2
Link3
Link4

I could go on.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
So basically Texas is trying to sue other states because they do not like how they handled the election.

This case will go no where and is a waste of the Supreme Court's time.

It is interesting they only chose states where Biden won, that alone shows this lawsuit is without merit.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
So basically Texas is trying to sue other states because they do not like how they handled the election.

It is interesting they only chose states where Biden won, that alone shows this lawsuit is without merit.

They chose the states that they believe violated the constitution . Read the article. It's also in the OP.

State law is not superior to the constitution. The Supreme Court is the appropriate venue for settling constitutional disputes.

+7 more 
link   

I can't wait until the war cry becomes, "Now let's go back and confirm there was no cheating where Democrats won races in the House and Senate.

If they cheated Trump ... they cheated everywhere.

link   

Link1
Link2
Link3
Link4

I could go on.

Those all cite the Breitbart link.

I have the Supreme Court docket page open and as of yet there's nothing on there. Once you have a case name or file it will be easier to see if this is legit and what the full suit looks like.

edit on 8-12-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Link1
Link2
Link3
Link4

I could go on.

You Googled but didn't check your links, eh?

All roads thus far lead back to Breitbart.

I find it fascinating, actually. Let's see what happens!

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

It will not be long before Texas turns blue. The minority population is growing at a much faster rate that Caucasians. This is also a key factor in Georgia and why they voted for Biden.

In fact several traditionally red states will likely go blue by the end of the decade due to population trends.

Caucasians will be the minority in the US by 2045.

The Republican party will have to adapt to the changing demographics or it will end up like the Whig party.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

They are the states that violated election laws. We have rules for holding elections, and when states arbitrarily break them, it affects the whole country. In this case, it seems Texas is the only one who has the cahoney's to man up and say so.
edit on 12/8/2020 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

It will not be long before Texas turns blue. The minority population is growing at a much faster rate that Caucasians. This is also a key factor in Georgia and why they voted for Biden.

In fact several traditionally red states will likely go blue by the end of the decade due to population trends.

Caucasians will be the minority in the US by 2045.

The Republican party will have to adapt to the changing demographics or it will end up like the Whig party.

It will take some time for Texas to turn blue since they gave Dominion the boot

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Several states that Trump won also changed their voting rules because of the pandemic.

The fact they are only going after states that Biden won tells me the lawsuit is without merit and an attempt to disenfranchised 10s of millions who voted for Biden.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join