It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And Then They Came for the Literature

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Why the hell would they ban To Kill A Mockingbird?! It’s mainly about racial inequality! That makes zero sense to me.

People are gettin’ f*ckin’ dumber and they’re doing it quicker and quicker every year.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Why am I not surprised. They forgot Steinbacks " The Grapes of Wrath "
Shhhh... Don't give them any ideas.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Banning old classics was happening pre-2012 when I still worked at a public school. At that time it wasn't nearly as overt, the librarian decided on her own to remove a few select books that didn't fit her liberal mindset. So much for unfettered education.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

originally posted by: Gnawledge
And to cut in on dug88 and your's music talk...speaking to censorship.

I have a memory of being in 5th grade when 2 Live Crew (sp?) emerged. I had a copy recorded from a friend recorded from a friend...etc. and was listening to it in my room when my mom walked in.

Every part of that album was raunchy. Know what she did? Asked what I was listening to, shook her head, said, "this is crap. Are there even instruments? Do they just swear?" She listened a bit, said, try harder...and shut the door.

Thing is, she let me listen to it. And I quickly learned she was right. The ...and Justice for All Metallica album was so much better. LOL

Please do cut in! Thing is if you try and ban things from kids it just makes the allure oh so more attractive to them.

I'll take Slayer over Metallica any day!

When I was 13 my old man found Wu-Tang lyrics I'd printed off and went off his nut at me because he thought I was listening to some Nazi, white supremacist hate music about shooting n*****..... oh the irony

I'd take Slayer anyday now, too (sadly done). But Metallica's first four albums are buried deep in me.

I bought Divine Intervention for the sole reason it had a black sleeve on it covering what I knew were the forearms of a kid that cut Slayer into them. Literally cut, bloody. Didn't know Slayer at the time. Just bought for the packaging. Instant love of the music. R.I.P. Hanneman.

Ah Tipper Gore...we remember you!

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This was done before and we can see the impact of this from that. "Uncle Remus' Stories" was banned due to the nature of the stories it laid out, but those stories are a major part of Black Slave Culture, both before and after the Civil War. These stories were removed from many area for public access due to the "Racist Nature" that these stories might create amongst it's readers, but in reality it removed so that Black People that came to the US from the slave trade couldn't have a base line heritage that they could hold on to.

Sadly, you can see this type of thinking present back in the early 1800's with many of the more extremist Transcendentalists. Their idea was that in order to make everyone equal, you have to first remove everybody's heritage and start the people from a point of cultural ignorance. Then everyone could get retaught cultural importance from a controlled set of standards.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
History books will be coming up soon.
Books on Stalin , Hitler , Pol Pot , etc.

They cannot have folks realizing what their next goal for the US is.

Those that don't know history , let it repeat.
edit on 11/17/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Biden is going to be president so book burning will become "patriotic".

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

the far left is now the religious right.

better to just laugh at these people and don't let them bother you.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Biden is a racist so you will see many books that paint racism in a bad light dissapear. The left is beginning to show its early days and true colors. They dont need the blacks to stay on the plantation anymore they can just rig elections from now on
edit on 17-11-2020 by tinktinktink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Biden is going to be president so book burning will become "patriotic".

Who knew reading Mice and Men to your kid would the most punk thing you could do in 2020
edit on 17-11-2020 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I really enjoy talking to leftists now because they own this.

They are for censorship, fewer freedoms and rights and they can't walk it back.

They've become the tyrants and dictators they accused any of us for being.

They are the anti-American party and I'm laughing at the losers that celebrated Biden's win.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I really enjoy talking to leftists now because they own this.

They are for censorship, fewer freedoms and rights and they can't walk it back.

They've become the tyrants and dictators they accused any of us for being.

They are the anti-American party and I'm laughing at the losers that celebrated Biden's win.

I do wanna laugh at their hypocrisy but I don't want them to cause irreversible harm to this country.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

The only sad part is, they are doing permanent damage to our rights and freedoms.

Trump didn't lose.

Our country did.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Thats what they do now, whenever one person does something stupid it gets blamed on something and taken away from everyone.
And the people who are ok with it right now will not feel the same way when it is something that they like.....and it will happen.
As already stated, instead of using a moment to teach something and move forward it just gets erased.
It's right up there with everybody gets a trophy for just showing up

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Nah not so much, Cypress Hill was noticable.

A brotha like me is goin' insane and such.

Yeah, Vinnie Paz can be a bit much. He's pretty nuts. He's got some good beats though.

Honestly, i've been digging the European reggae music these days. It stays pretty non PC, while being about political issues.

Reminds me of old punk rock.

Plus it's got some great bass grooves. It tends to mix a lot of genres. I've been digging Mungo's Hi Fi for years. They put out some streamed covid show lately that remixes a bunch of old Hip-Hop, KRS-One and stuff.

Most new rap is pretty meh. This other stuff kinda crosses the bridge between rap and a whole bunch of other genres.

There's a giant world of that kind of music out there. Mostly self produced or small producers free from influence of record companies and bull#.

Like I said, it's about the closest thing that carries the spirit of old school punk i've found in this day and age.

I like Aesop Rock right now, you either love or hate him,the messages are always interesting, but he packs a lot into a verse, you have to want to figure it out, to break it down. I like Billy Woods too, off kilter, interesting.

I mostly listen to metal, all kinds of, and Prog rock/metal. Anything well done/recorded will get a listen, jazz, rock, electronic.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The only sad part is, they are doing permanent damage to our rights and freedoms.

Trump didn't lose.

Our country did.

Trump didn't lose.

They simply chose truth over facts.

Truth: Biden will likely become president.

Fact: Trump likely won.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

edit on 17-11-2020 by azvol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I suspect that "they" will print a new copy of the bible to "omit" all the things that leftest don't like and or just ban it very soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join