It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its already starting.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I stated in another thread, the Orwellian age is here.

We brought it upon ourselves, then voted in the very person that’ll give them MORE POWER.

Meanwhile, y’all laugh and gloat at a Trump loss, who of which is the only person to directly engage them and threaten section 230.

Now, here, the OP, trying to send a Private message on FB, gets told to take a hike, LMFAO, but keep laughing at us Trump supporters who still cling to a Trump victory, which is what will ultimately defeat this BS. We should all be praying for a Court victory, because let me tell you, I experienced none of the BS these last couple of years, but these next few? We’ll feel it.

This is just the start.

Good job folks, GOOD JOB, YOUS DID IT.
edit on 7-11-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: introvert

a reply to: introvert

Keep in mind, this was a personal message. To a very long time friend.

I'm not entirely sure how FB coding works, but if the domain is banned, the length of your relationship with the other person would seem irrelevant.

Again, you're glossing over the personal message aspect.

Your lack of opinion is noted but eliminating context doesn't help your case.

Again, I'm not sure how they code works, but the use of the link to a banned domain could have triggered the auto-censor. Whether it was a public post or a private message could be irrelevant to the censor.

Oh I know. I'm just more than a little annoyed that I'm stuck in a position of seeing the merits and downsides of both, and thus simultaneously supporting & not supporting both. It's like a weird Twilight Zone episode for ethics.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Under the Biden Regime, censorship is freedom and patriotic.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
There is no such thing as private messages on fakebook, or any social media for that matter. It is just coded to look like you and whoever else is included can see it. It's a false sense of security. If they can read it, which they can unless you encrypt it, they can censor it.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Except they portray themselves as a place where you do and then censor you as they see fit without explanation.

That appears to be their right. If we don't like it...don't use it.

You still have a choice.

It's been explained to you that they need to be much, much clearer about who they censor, what, and why. If they want to curate like a publisher, then that's the role they need to take.

FB needing to be clearer about the specifics is your opinion, and I can understand that. I'm only offering an explanation of why the OP has experienced the issue.

link   
How much y’all want to bet that ATS gets hit by Big Tech before the Server Money dries up???

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
There is no such thing as private messages on fakebook, or any social media for that matter. It is just coded to look like you and whoever else is included can see it. It's a false sense of security. If they can read it, which they can unless you encrypt it, they can censor it.

Agreed. P2p seems more accurate. Regardless, that's nothing new for most folks....I hope

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
How much y’all want to bet that ATS gets hit by Big Tech before the Server Money dries up???

Meaning what? Bought out? If the owners are in legitimately dire enough straits, a buy-out is always possible. I don't see how one can really do anything other than protest via not posting at all.

link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It's definitely a tough spot.

It's a very useful tool for many people, but there are many downsides to it as well.

The choice to use it is still just that...a choice.

link   
If they were honest, they never would have become anything near the powerhouse they became. It started out with just a bunch of us college age kids using it. It would have never gotten off the ground if they announced up front they intended it to be a left wing echo chamber. Same with twitter, reddit etc.

In all honesty, back when I started using them, I was using them to find girls to hook up and party with more than anything else.
edit on Sat, 07 Nov 2020 18:18:10 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I heard the latest update on iPhones automatically contact traces you. You have to find the icon buried to turn it off.

Anyone know anything about this?
edit on 7-11-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I heard the latest update on iPhones automatically contact traces you. You have to find the icon buried to turn it off.

Anyone know anything about this?

Idk about ios but its been in effect for Android for months.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
If they were honest, they never would have become anything near the powerhouse they became. It started out with just a bunch of us college age kids using it. It would have never gotten off the ground if they announced up front they intended it to be a left wing echo chamber. Same with twitter, reddit etc.

In all honesty, back when I started using them, I was using them to find girls to hook up and party with more than anything else.

Also, a handy stack of CIA seed money.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Following Introverts dorection, it has indeed been banned from FB. Although through p2p messages, seems outright strange.

What is fascism again?

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Arnie123

Meaning what? Bought out? If the owners are in legitimately dire enough straits, a buy-out is always possible. I don't see how one can really do anything other than protest via not posting at all.
I’m talking about legit censorship, the physical server type, route traffic away, those kinda of things. Stuff at the IT level.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Following Introverts dorection, it has indeed been banned from FB. Although through p2p messages, seems outright strange.

What is fascism again?

Fascism is freedom, enjoy it under the new mandate or you will be punished.
edit on 7-11-2020 by DBCowboy because: Covid drank my beer

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I might agree with you except for one thing:

Truth in advertising.

If I was told I was getting a free platform to share my thoughts and information, then that's what I expect.

If they don't tell me that they're now fact-checking, blocking, censoring, etc., before I sign on, then telling me I'm getting a platform to share my thoughts and information isn't exactly the truth, is it?

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If I was told I was getting a free platform to share my thoughts and information, then that's what I expect.

But that's not what you were told. You were told it was a free platform to share thoughts and information...within the terms of use and terms and conditions you agreed to.

If they don't tell me that they're now fact-checking, blocking, censoring, etc., before I sign on, then telling me I'm getting a platform to share my thoughts and information isn't exactly the truth, is it?

I'm sure they are not obligated to do so, according to the terms you agreed to upon creating the account.

While it may be undesirable for them to make changes after you signed up, they have the right to do so and it is your responsibility to update yourself on their policies/practices if such things are of concern to you.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Lemme' ask y'all something...if you went into a Starbucks and started yelling..."YAY, Trump!! MAGA!!"...

What do you think would happen?

This is no different than Twitter or FB. They're going to censor you. SO...if you don't want that...GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

It's really simple!! Don't support businesses who don't support YOU!!

GAWD, I just can't get why people don't understand this! They fight some system which is specifically designed to defeat them, and then wonder why their voice had no resonance. It's unbelievable!

You can fight the "system", but companies like failbook and twitter are NOT the "system", they are the opposition. It doesn't take a caveman to understand this...it's been going on for YEARS!!!

**Sigh**

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
That's not a very good analogy at all. It's more like attending what you are told is an open mic karoake night at a giant bar, then once you are there, already spent time there, bought some drinks, being told you only get to pick from songs they like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join