It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its already starting.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
Stop lying. You spammed that link to several people and a few of them marked that # as such.

Why yall lie so damned much?

Well.. What do you expect of the average Joe when the president lies so much?

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek
The user who wrote that was proved wrong genius.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Watch out for distractions. It may take a big one for this.

I hope they are not able to put too much pressure on the President and force him to concede before the courts have their say.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I don't doubt it. If I remember the correct band here, System of A Down's newest video was yanked from FB, too. That was mentioned independently by both my husband, and a friend (they are not FB buds, don't know each other well)

Makes me wonder WTF was so "offensive" about it, it's not like they were trying to post Rammstein's Pussy video or anything (dear god, don't go hunting for it, it's...just don't)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
The NN domain is banned on FB, has been for a while from what I understand.

Banned from posting it on public FB page is one thing, though even that is bad censorship IMO. But it seems to be they're preventing the links from being shared on private messenger.... which is absolutely ridiculous. If you think that's okay I don't know what to say.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

The NN domain is banned on FB, has been for a while from what I understand.

Banned from posting it on public FB page is one thing, though even that is bad censorship IMO. But it seems to be they're preventing the links from being shared on private messenger.... which is absolutely ridiculous. If you think that's okay I don't know what to say.

I did not state my opinion on whether or not it is ok.

I only stated that the domain was banned and provided a link discussing that aspect. That ban would explain the issue the OP is experiencing.
edit on 7-11-2020 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
To be brutally honest & thinking with the First as "legal scaffolding", if you will, if they'd just be up front & honest, I really would not have a reason to criticize (well, I really don't, I don't have SM accounts to begin with)
IMO, Fakebook IS a non-government company well within it's rights to dictate what flies and what doesn't. My bottom line is if you're going to censor, just meet in the middle & be open & honest about the whats and whys, don't be clandestine about it. All that does is scream "I'M A SHADY MOFO" and strong backlash will ensue.

Quick edit: And yes, I'm well-aware that this stance doesn't jive with my previous post's implied disapproval. I don't HAVE to like it, but that's how this is supposed to work for us -- we absolutely can make our own rules & censor each other if we wish.
The government cannot. That's the difference.
edit on 11/7/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
People would do well to remember this.

Those who give to you can also take from you.

And that's what free stuff from the government is -- stuff they give to you. Think about it.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Exactly, If they are going to disallow some forms of thought, then they need to say so. As you say, it's their company, but they don't do that. They say they are merely a platform for all to use. Then they pick and choose after the fact with no real explanation in many cases.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Exactly, If they are going to disallow some forms of thought, then they need to say so. As you say, it's their company, but they don't do that. They say they are merely a platform for all to use. Then they pick and choose after the fact with no real explanation in many cases.

Yes, that's my beef, the shady crap. I fleshed out what I was trying to get across a little better in my edit so as to not confuse anyone. I'm not wild about civilian censorship, but it's technically something we're allowed.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Keep in mind, this was a personal message. To a very long time friend.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Its first hand. Me to my friend.

Also. You know damn well j have to go look for that video now.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm not entirely sure how FB coding works, but if the domain is banned, the length of your relationship with the other person would seem irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Get used to encrypting everything, unless you wanna end up on one of those lists

Seriously though, I been into encrypting everything since snowden spilled the beans that my tinfoil hat suspicions were right and worse.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

It doesn't sit well, I know. But there's still censorship on here, both by the owners' decree (certain sites & even simple words are censored) and by ourselves via source material denigration. Might not seem like censorship, but quieting the other side basically is no matter how we slice it. None of us are innocent here.

The question that remains is a biggie -- do we allow government to step in and regulate free speech across everything, everywhere, and start a Slippery Slope trek, or leave it as it is & let the masses sort it out?
Neither is particularly appealing when all pro's and con's are examined, gotta love rocks and hard places.
edit on 11/7/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I'm not entirely sure how FB coding works, but if the domain is banned, the length of your relationship with the other person would seem irrelevant.

Again, you're glossing over the personal message aspect.

Your lack of opinion is noted but eliminating context doesn't help your case.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

It doesn't sit well, I know. But there's still censorship on here, both by the owners' decree (certain sites & even simple words are censored) and by ourselves via source material denigration. Might not seem like censorship, but quieting the other side basically is no matter how we slice it. None of us are innocent here.

The question that remains is a biggie -- do we allow government to step in and regulate free speech across everything, everywhere, and start a Slippery Slope trek, or leave it as it is & let the masses sort it out?
Neither is particularly appealing when all pro's and con's are examined, gotta love rocks and hard places.

In the end, FB has the right as a private entity to do as it wishes as long as they do not violate anyone else's rights. On FB, you have no right to free speech.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

In the end, FB has the right as a private entity to do as it wishes as long as they do not violate anyone else's rights. On FB, you have no right to free speech.

Except they portray themselves as a place where you do and then censor you as they see fit without explanation.

It's been explained to you that they need to be much, much clearer about who they censor, what, and why. If they want to curate like a publisher, then that's the role they need to take.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Again, you're glossing over the personal message aspect.

Your lack of opinion is noted but eliminating context doesn't help your case.

Again, I'm not sure how they code works, but the use of the link to a banned domain could have triggered the auto-censor. Whether it was a public post or a private message could be irrelevant to the censor.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Facebook is a platform under 230 rules.

We've heard and will be hearing more about this in the coming months, even if its all lip sevice

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join