It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statement from President Donald J. Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Well that just about summed things up perfectly.

Concise and to the point with a little bit of context for comparison.

The whining and paranoia is getting worse.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The media is wondering why President Trump is keeping the barriers and walls up around the White House.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

His bunker metality reminds me of another national leader who couldn't accept defeat 75 years ago.

Let's hope it doesn't end the same way.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

His bunker metality reminds me of another national leader who couldn't accept defeat 75 years ago.

Let's hope it doesn't end the same way.

Does Trump have a dog?

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: eManym

It isn't.

You're not going to find that in the constitution. Words mean things.

Legal documents mean things too.

Democracy in the United States
The United States is a representative democracy.
This means that our government is elected by citizens.
Here, citizens vote for their government officials.
These officials represent the citizens’ ideas and concerns in government.
Voting is one way to participate in our democracy.
Citizens can also contact their officials when they want to support or change a law.
Voting in an election and contacting our elected officials are two ways that
Americans can participate in their democracy.

USCIS PDF decribing what the USA is... Reading is Fundamental

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

we can only hope some patriot does away the cheaters and his cabinet one day

better hope that they get harris to, and if they do get her, better hope they get p lousy, cause if they don't we're really screwed.

edit on 8-11-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I think we might be looking at some sort of Coup if the vote was rigged to the extent that it seems to have been, then some powerful force has organized it. If I was Trump i would consider Marshal law until the democratic process can be certain.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
The media coordination around this campaign does remind me of 9/11 in how well organized and corrupt it all is. If Trump does want to keep the job he is going to have to get this swamp draining project moving soon. Holding the line on the legal vote is a good start. I know the legal system has its problems, hope it holds together for all our sake.

I hope that the investigation comes to the conclusion that there has been a massive fraud going on and the US citizens get kicked awake and see what is going on in their government and country.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: yuppa

we can only hope some patriot does away the cheaters and his cabinet one day

better hope that they get harris to, and if they do get her, better hope they get p lousy, cause if they don't we're really screwed.

Well of course. cant let big nancy get in either.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

The constitution is the supreme law of the land not a citizenship test that is improperly worded.

A test I took and passed years ago when they were worded properly.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: tanstaafl
You are completely detached from reality.

We''l know soon enough. Obviously, if I'm right, you're delusional, and if I'm wrong, I grossly underestimated the stupidity of the people in this country.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The U.S. government is a prime example of representative and constitutional democracy. It is a representative democracy because the people, the source of its authority, elect individuals to represent their interests in its institutions. The formation and function of the government is based on majority rule. The people, for example, elect their representatives by majority vote in free, fair, competitive, and periodic elections in which practically all adult citizens of the country have the right to vote. Further, the people’s representatives in Congress make laws by majority vote. A chief executive, the President, elected by the people, then enforces these laws.

Representative democracy in the United States is constitutional because it is both limited and empowered by the supreme law, the Constitution, for the ultimate purpose of protecting equally the rights of all the people. The periodic election by the people of their representatives in government is conducted according to the Constitution and the laws made under it. The votes of the majority decide the winners of the election, but the rights of the minority are constitutionally protected so that they can freely criticize the majority of the moment and attempt to replace their representatives in the next election. From time to time, there is a lawful and orderly transition of power from one group of leaders to another. Legitimate legal limitations on the people’s government make the United States a constitutional democracy, not an unlimited democracy in which the tyranny of the majority against political minorities could persist without effective challenges.

Source Annenberg

You'll have to excuse me if i take the word of our government and experts over the word of some guy on a website.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I'll take what it says on the constitution.

That we have a republican form of government.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Ok. But you'd be wrong, so i guess you should be happy with just being wrong pal and with that feel free to

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

But I wouldn't be wrong. Go read article 4 section 4 of the US constitution.

Edit:

You have to make me STFU.

Only way for you to do that is to find the words "representative democracy" in the language of the supreme law of the land.
edit on 11 8 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I mean, you're still wrong. The words don't have to explicitly be there to make it so.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

And yet it is law.

We are a republic.

What a know-nothing intellectual cop out
edit on 11 8 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: eManym

Find that in the constitution.

We have a republican form of government as prescribed by the constitution.

Our democratic institutions are designed to spread out power (hence the EC) and elect representatives, yes but the form of government does not allow for direct democracy and nor should it.

The whole point of our constitutional republic is to protect via constitutional law the existing rights of individual citizens. In democracies those rights can be voted away. No one can vote away my constitutionally protected rights without some serious national and interstate deliberations.

They have to go through a process laid out in the constitution itself to amend it. This process is not an easy one. If we were a democracy we could skip all of that with a simple majority vote and to hell with the rights of the minority.

I fear they know that and are trying to use language as a weapon again. Like assault rifle, peace protest, Representative democracy.

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

What is law? What the hell are you talking about? Have you ever decided to get the definition of republic?

re·pub·lic (rĭ-pŭblĭk)
Share:
n.
a. A political order whose head of state is not a monarch and in modern times is usually a president.
b. A nation that has such a political order.
a. A political order in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who are entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them.
b. A nation that has such a political order.

Definition direct from American Heritage

Or maybe the 2nd president of the United States calling our government a representative democracy will suffice

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Once again, read article 4 section 4 of the constitution and then get back to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join