It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statement from President Donald J. Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
They literally have no case. a reply to: projectvxn

Do you literally have a law degree?

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: yuppa

The military isn't an easy button that you can lay your political inclinations on.

They are not your weapon to use against your political opponents.

I know,but what of the Oath they took then? meanigless words these days? The cheating was obvious,and documented.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

So you think the oath's meaning is dependent upon shooting Democrats when they win?

The left said the same thing about Trump for the last 4 years.

Lead by example or you can't lead.
edit on 11 7 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Let the courts work. If at the end of that process Trump loses then that's it. Suck it up.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

We're a constitutional republic. Let's let the constitutional parts work themselves out and not let a corrupt media call things for us.

Several poster on ATS have stated the United States is a "Constitutional Republic". The United States is not a "Constitutional Republic", it is a "Representative Democracy".

The United States doesn't have a republican government, it is a government of elected individuals that represent more than a republican ideology regardless of what party affiliation the president has.
edit on 7-11-2020 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Rekrul

Because the rest of the World are not rabid Trump fanatics that refuse to accept the concept of democracy?

We don't live in a Democracy, we live in a Republic. Learn the difference.

We're a form of Democracy. Come on, this is basic civics. We elect our leaders and representatives democratically, that makes us a democracy.

You need to go back and read the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. A Democracy is majority rules. A Republic is not. There is a huge difference. Our states may be democracies but our nation is not as a collective. The whole idea for representatives is to make sure the individual is protected and the majority doesn't rule.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Find that in the constitution.

We have a republican form of government as prescribed by the constitution.

Our democratic institutions are designed to spread out power (hence the EC) and elect representatives, yes but the form of government does not allow for direct democracy and nor should it.

The whole point of our constitutional republic is to protect via constitutional law the existing rights of individual citizens. In democracies those rights can be voted away. No one can vote away my constitutionally protected rights without some serious national and interstate deliberations.

They have to go through a process laid out in the constitution itself to amend it. This process is not an easy one. If we were a democracy we could skip all of that with a simple majority vote and to hell with the rights of the minority.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Truth be told? I hope you're right. The opposite would not bode well for us as a nation.

Hey you going to start trying to convince the troops that The election is a sham and see if they will march on washington to stop this madness if they try to seat biden? The military should step in and demand a hand count and watermark certification.

Uh, no, cant do that, man, we aren't Thailand. Let the courts do their thing, Justice Alito didn't stick his neck out there on a silly drunk bet whim, yanno.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

So you think the oath's meaning is dependent upon shooting Democrats when they win?

The left said the same thing about Trump for the last 4 years.

Lead by example or you can't lead.

Let the courts work. If at the end of that process Trump loses then that's it. Suck it up.

I didnt say just democrats did I? No ANYONE who was involved in cheating should face a firing squad. Ill let the SC work on this,but if they do not do their job,they are just as responsible.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

We can't kill our way to a stable nation.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym

We're a constitutional republic. Let's let the constitutional parts work themselves out and not let a corrupt media call things for us.

Several poster on ATS have stated the United States is a "Constitutional Republic". The United States is not a "Constitutional Republic", it is a "Representative Democracy".

The United States doesn't have a republican government, it is a government of elected individuals that represent more than a republican ideology regardless of what party affiliation the president has.

Wrong... on so many levels... I am so much dumber for having read this and still not stupid enough to believe the United States is a "representative democracy"...

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I didn't state the US has a Democratic government, I stated it is a Representative Democracy.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

It isn't.

You're not going to find that in the constitution. Words mean things.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Then maybe we should just split it down the middle. Buy out people who want to say they are for biden send them to the other side.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

This may shock you but the country's concept of governance is more than just the Constitution and Declaration of Independence.

The USSR was a republic but they weren't a democracy. We are a republic but we are also a democracy. Does that make sense?

It's less about strict government type and more about governance itself that makes us a democracy.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

Wrong... on so many levels... I am so much dumber for having read this and still not stupid enough to believe the United States is a "representative democracy"...

Well, your stupid enough to believe its a Constitutional Republic.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Then maybe we should just split it down the middle. Buy out people who want to say they are for biden send them to the other side.

Why should the Biden voters leave? Why can't the Trump voters go to the other side?

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Or you could be a god damned adult dude.

We have a process. We will go through it come what may because that is what Americans do.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

You're admittedly broke, how you planning on buying out anything?

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Trump hasn't been prepping me. I've been prepping myself ever since I've learned the word government as a small child. They're straight up corrupt. They always have been. And to blatantly accept their word and accept their lies is just very dumb thing to do. Always question them. Never believe what they have to say otherwise we're just going to screw ourselves even harder. Deny ignorance bro

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Rekrul

Because the rest of the World are not rabid Trump fanatics that refuse to accept the concept of democracy?

We don't live in a Democracy, we live in a Republic. Learn the difference.

You do know those aren't mutually exclusive concepts?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join