It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France under attack: Jihadist murders three worshippers – including two who were beheaded

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Bloodworth

I don't think the Jihadist murders of three peaceful worshippers in France has much to do with American politics.

That being said i see Trumps already making the same or similar fantastical claims as yourself. LoL

Hell of a cow to try and milk for political kudos imho.

Hell of a cow?

Under trump the last 4 years it was very quiet and safe. Not fanatical

Especially compared to Obama who it was 6 years of ISIL and terror attacks.

How many terror attacks under each president?

My friends in the military say the enemy is too nervous about trump's retaliation. Better to wait the 4 years.
Guy was the 1st president to use the moab.
After that isis was gone.

Obama spread the military too thin and was the 1st defund the police/military leader.

And info on the ground is they are waiting in hopes for Biden as they test all new leaders.

Americans care more about taking care of illegal aliens and pushing for more LGBTQ rights then they do safety from terrorism.

Democrat votes call that progression

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Again this happened in France, not America.

Not everything is about America or her politics.

Using other people's misery and the murder of others, in a completely different nation mind you, in an attempt to punt your political rhetoric, is about as low as you can go im afraid.

edit on 31-10-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Again this happened in France, not America.

Not everything is about America or her politics.

Using other people's misery and the murder of others, in a completely different nation mind you, in an attempt to punt your political rhetoric, is about as low as you can go im afraid.

It's all connected, France, Germany, Obama, Italy, Greece and every where else saw a strategic placement of certain people around the world.

Its was at a huge gamble with the lives of its citzens.

Those responsible have this blood on their hands.

It's way too late for the French and we need to learn from their errors.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Some people just seem incapable of understanding that there is far more to the world than just the USA.
They turn everything and anything into a Trump/Biden and/or Left/Right issue.

How a French teacher getting his head chopped off for showing a cartoon in Paris, three people getting stabbed in Nice or an Orthodox priest getting shot in Lyon have anything even remotely to do with Trump is beyond me.

The second and third attacks were probably a direct result of Macron's reaction to the first attack.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

But I think there should be a way to send radicals off to some far away Island with no escape and with no technology... let them stay there instead of in our Prison system and in homes across the street.

Will not happen because of human rights. Yes, it's bloody annoying, and these people should not have any human rights, but that is the way it is. Also, another problem is, we are not dealing with a certain country, but instead, an ideology, sbixh mskes it even harder. A country could not people from going into their country, but it will not stop terrorism because a lot of people are being
radicalized in their own country try. From within their country, and from outside also.

Pretty sure most of these terrorists have been known to Police and are on a watchlist... so instead of letting them walk around in our Cities, they should be shipped off to that Island.

This is the sad fact of the matter, that a lot of these terrorists thst go on to do these terrible things, we're known to the police, but that did not stop the attack from happening.

Regarding the Island. What island do we put them on? How big does the Island have to be? What country would want terrorists on an Island they own?

Believe me, I would want nothing better than to be rid of this evil, but I just do not see how it can be done. I think also, alot of the people who go out and make these attacks are converts to Islam. They are the ones who are easily brainwashed and manipalated, so we need to get go the core of the problem, and that is the people who are the ones radicalizing people. But how do we do that when these people are all over the world, and are mainly doing this through the internet?

Also, those coming illegally to Britain should be automatically senet back to France, Belgium or wherever because we don't know their true intentions... just like the Tunisian's real intentions when he left Tunisia and arrived in France!

I do not think this would sort the problem out, considering for exame, most of the terrorist attacks in the UK, we're from people born and bred in the UK. We cannot chuck these people out of the UK because they are from the UK.

It's a horrible and frightening world we live in at the moment, that much is true.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Load a #e.

You're just jumping on the bandwagon to punt your Trump messiah rhetoric on the back of 3 dead innocents.

That's pathetic is what that is.

edit on 1-11-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You ken the score with some types mate, anything for a soapbox, Trump Trump, Trump Trump, Trump Trump Trump.

Tend to agree as to the second and third attacks in France being related to Macron's reaction.

Stuff backing down to religious maniacs over caricatures all the same, where would it end!

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

Apart from the looting, the violent protests, the gun murders, the assassination of an Iranian general, etc.
I’d hardly call your Trump time period ‘very quiet and safe’.

Especially compared to Obama who it was 6 years of ISIL and terror attacks.

If you want to Americanise this ok.. Except it wasn’t Obama. It was Bush and Obama inherited Bush’s Middle Eastern warn on terror, the WMDs that didn’t exist, the attacks on Iraq and Afghanistan under the guise of ‘freedom’ for 9/11.

How many terror attacks under each president?

What a horsesh*t way to sum up a president’s leadership.

My friends in the military say the enemy is too nervous about trump's retaliation.

My friends in the the military say the exact opposite. So who’s telling the truth and who’s lying?

Guy was the 1st president to use the moab. After that isis was gone.

And yet they are not. Quite evidently.

Obama spread the military too thin and was the 1st defund the police/military leader.

You mean when he tried to pick up the pieces of Bush 1 & Bush 2’s wars?

And info on the ground is they are waiting in hopes for Biden as they test all new leaders.

My info on the ground says the opposite.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

I think also, alot of the people who go out and make these attacks are converts to Islam.

Anything to back this up?

......most of the terrorist attacks in the UK, we're from people born and bred in the UK.

I think you might be right there, many of them are second and even third generation immigrants.
But they tend to fall into two categories: Those that jhave never embraced British culture or those who had previously spurned Islam and lived a 'western' lifestyle but have subsequently become radicalised - a bit like Born Again Christians being among the most passionate of believers.....only they don't go around blowing people up or chopping peoples heads off!

And it doesn't alter the fact that illegal immigrants have carried out terrorist attacks, that they broke our laws gaining entry illegally and that they should be repatriated unless they can prove they face a clear and immediate threat.

We are a tolerant nation - despite what many try to say - and have a long and proud tradition of providing safe haven for various groups of migrants and refugees.
Qualification for asylum is clear:

To stay in the UK as a refugee you must be unable to live safely in any part of your own country because you fear persecution there.

If you’re stateless, your own country is the country you usually live in.

This persecution must be because of:

your race
your religion
your nationality
your political opinion
anything else that puts you at risk because of the social, cultural, religious or political situation in your country, for example, your gender, gender identity or sexual orientation
You must have failed to get protection from authorities in your own country

www.gov.uk...

Many seem to think that just because they are poor they have a right to entry.
They don't.

And once here they categorically do not have the right to try and change this country into a replica of the place they came from or into some sort of Muslim caliphate.
They live and abide by our rules first and foremost, no compromise on that, ever.

We cannot chuck these people out of the UK because they are from the UK.

Why not?
And if we can't then they should be locked away from the rest of society.....for ever. No deradicalisation programmes, no TV's in prison or other 'privilege's'.....just four walls and a lifetime to ponder on their hateful beliefs and actions.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Kind of doubt the criminal that came from Tunisia was a 'convert'. Likewise, the Chechen.

Yeah, some converts will have the zeal of the true believers, but there are plenty among the ranks of those born into Islam as well.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

True-believer eh?

A term for the irrational persistence of some untenable belief if ever there was one.

Thing is, with around 4,300 religions being practiced on this world.

And them not exactly claiming the same thing or being particularly synonymous with one another at the best of times.

Some of these ""true-believers"" are in for a shock, no matter where they came from.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Not sure about UK, but in USA it is street talk meaning 'fanatic'. That sense fits the violent actors well.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Over here, just like in the dictionary a "True Believer" generally refers to one who strictly adheres to the tenets of a particular organized religious doctrine.

"1 : a person who professes absolute belief in something. 2 : a zealous supporter of a particular cause."

Cutting the heads off people over anthropomorphized images pretty much constitutes a violent act put it that way.

As to street talk, well i stopped hanging around streets soon after my testicles dropped so i really could not comment.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You're tough to communicate with in a common language.

By "street talk" I mean argot or slang. Hopefully that is clear enough.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

This happens pretty much every time Muslims feel that they are under attack.

It's quite easy to avoid situations like this. Simply don't kick the ants nest and the ants won't bite you.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

English is fine.

True Believers, no matter the religions they subscribe to, or whichever street they happen to frequent, don't give themselves much room to maneuver.

Generally down to the blinders and/or rose coloured glasses they have screwed on to there puss from birth.

Via the conditioning of whichever organized religious practice, geography, their parents, and social circumstances happen to feed them from the breast.

Anyhoo its all powdered milk at the end of the day they canny all be correct, which is kind of my point.
edit on 1-11-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Are you a true believer in what you define as English ?
A matter of conditioning, to use your term.

I'm not too concerned with all of the varieties of practice of faith. Violent actions of the kind that are the topic of this thread meet my definition of fanaticism.

As to whose faith is "correct" . . . I guess we'll find out . . . or not.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Technically my approximation of English is Scottish, and i also have Dyslexia, so I'm maybe not the best person qualified to comment there. LOL

I would like to think i believe in something, but the universe is a big place.

I don't necessarily imagine Humanity has, or will ever have the capacity nor tools, to attempt to comprehend whatever amounts to a creator force or God.

Christened a Protestant if that helps. LoL

End of the day probably best to hedge ones bet where faith is concerned, for a start, if we are wrong, whos going to know?

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Here we go again.

I fear it's too laate for France... they have become like some parts of the ME, they will have this problem now for years unless they can deport all the Fanatics/Radicals they find. There was another murder last week at Hebdo Offices (outside) where one guy had his head chopped off, now we have another 3 murders inside a church and another gunman shot dead in Avignon who was shouting 'Allahu Akbar'.

France have big probs and are passing those probs onto Britain by allowing all these so called refugee's/Asylum seekers to leave on boat to England shores... seriously... england could be in similar position if things aren't sorted out.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Two terror attacks have hit France, the first at the Notre Dame cathedral in Nice and the second in Avignon Knifeman beheaded two people - an elderly female parishioner and a male church warden - at 9am in Nice, fatally stabbed a second woman and wounded others before being shot and arrested by police Two hours later man armed with a handgun and shouting Allahu Akbar was shot and killed by cops in Avignon Meanwhile a guard at the French consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, was stabbed and wounded by a knifeman Attacks come after Macron sparked fury by defending cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed, and on the day that Sunni Muslims mark the Prophet's birthday

France has been struck by two terror attacks within hours of each other as three people were killed - two of them beheaded - in an attack inside a cathedral in Nice before a gunman was shot dead by police in Avignon. The first attack began around 9am at the Notre Dame cathedral in Nice where a knifeman beheaded an elderly female parishioner and a male church warden, fatally stabbed a second woman, wounded several others, and was then shot and arrested by police. Two hours later, a gunman threatened people on the streets of Avignon - 120 miles from Nice - while shouting 'Allahu Akbar' before he was fatally shot by police. Elsewhere, a security guard at the French consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, was stabbed and wounded. The attacks come amid fury across the Islamic world at President Macron for defending satirical cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed, and on the day that Sunni Muslims mark the Prophet's birthday. It also comes less than two weeks after a schoolteacher, Samuel Paty, was beheaded north of Paris for showing cartoons of the Prophet to his class in a lesson on free speech. In the Nice attack, the first victim - a woman in her seventies - was attacked after coming there early to pray and was found 'almost beheaded' close to the church font. A 45-year-old sacristan, named locally as Vincent L, a father-of-two, was then attacked and also beheaded. A third woman - described as of African origin and aged in her 30s - was then stabbed 'multiple times' and managed to flee to a bar across the street, where she died. Police were called and arrived at 9.10am. They stormed the cathedral, shooting and arresting the attacker.

More on the attacks in the link above.

really ats has changed so much since i was last on the quality of posts and members,, in 2012 the majority on here had realised Islam was not behind the terror attacks and had woke up to who was really behind them , i think the fact their isn't many posts on covid says a lot when the world is really waking up ats isn't

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

LMGDAO!!! perception sure is a mofo!!..can I get some of what you're smoking..must be da bomb!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join