It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans Evolving Faster Say Science People

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: quix0tic

Technology has WEAKENED the Human Race . Don't Believe Me ? Go try and Start a Fire with some Tinder and a Piece of Wood . Bet you Can't , the " Tech Drug " OWNS Us All ......................(

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Technology has WEAKENED the Human Race . Don't Believe Me ? Go try and Start a Fire with some Tinder and a Piece of Wood . Bet you Can't , the " Tech Drug " OWNS Us All ......................(

Because the vast majority of people haven't needed to start one and wont unless they choose to. If we resemble a sci-fi movie in several hundred years, will many people know how to make them?

It's one of those need to know things, kinda like intelligence and classified material. If you aren't going to need to know how to make a fire, you don't need to know how to do it. Not sure if that makes perfect sense or sounds ignorant.

You do need to know how to strike a match or flick a lighter, though. If' you're going to be a smoker I guess. But even if you aren't, you get taught by the TV how to do it so if you're ever freezing without power, you can start a fire.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
So it looks like over the past couple hundred years people have been evolving at a pretty speedy rate, losing our wisdom teeth (I only had two), growing extra bones in our feet and legs, etc.
currently.att.yahoo.com...

Evolving? Losing wisdom teeth isn’t gaining information, it’s loosing information. If you think about it as a disease, a failure in DNA and genetics it’s not evolution but de-evolution, we are not getting bigger or better, weaker and more frail is the outcome

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I am not so sure of that. I live in the heart of Redneck country, and these good old boys can work miracles with nothing more than what they find dumpster diving.

I have always said that when the SHTF you want to have a redneck on your team.

Just last year my back bumper fell off, while I was driving that six mile cow pasture, we call a road.

One of my neighbors drove by and towed me home.
He came back in least then ten minutes, told me to hold his beer, I swear that is the truth, and not an embellishment, and in least than 30 minutes had my bumper reattached. It wasn't factory certified, wasn't pretty, but it worked.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Why stop there... lets just let women who cannot give a natural birth die, ban C-sections.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: FamCore

It sure must be nice to count oneself as NOT part of the ''brainless masses'' huh? Please tell us more about that view from Olympus can ya?

Do you categorize yourself as "one" of the die-hard tribalists on the left or right of the political spectrum, who blindly believe what news anchors, politicians and talking heads tell you? I do not, but most of the people on TV evidently do fall into those categories. I didn't say a majority of people, I said "a lot of the masses that we see out in the world and on TV"

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I learned the truth back in '76

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
My president Donald J. Trump, is at the very top of the evolutionary scale.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I missed your point or you missed mine.

My post was in response to.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
HAHAH...so right!

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Blue Shift

Don't worry, as you can tell a lot of the masses are now devolving back to where we were at prior to several hundred years ago (as you can tell by all of the brainless masses we see out in the world and on the news everyday)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
Then how can they explain the decrease in logical thinking and over all intelligence of the human race?

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Interesting thread

Place holder.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Humans have taken over their own evolutionary path. In 100 years we will be a much different species than we are today that evolution couldn't do in 100,000s of years, or never as we add intelligent design to the mix.
edit on 8-10-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

But people have been recieving abortions and miscarrying children since the beginning of primates, yet here we all are.

primates have abortions...didn't know...lol

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
more like devolving

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

There we go. I picked up a new sticking point....Abortions are man-made devolution.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

I disagree Yeta. I don't see it as simple at all and don't understand why many do see it as simple.

That urge for sex is programmed into us, programmed from millions of years ago. Pheromones and all. The male sex drive is not just a mental thing, it happens and has happened with little to no preparation for ages.

And physical drives aside, this modern civilization we live in pushes it on us all the time. ALL THE TIME....
Western Civ has been constrained by Victorianism for hundreds of years while Eastern cultures celebrated it and glorified it in books and culture like in the Kama Sutra. Man, I was bowled over after having been raised with the only kind of sex being taught being the missionary type and then discovered that book? What an eye opener.

I"m not in favor of abortion. I"m a man. I am in favor of a woman having her choice in the matter. If she for whatever reason has gotten pregnant then she should have the right to do what she wants in the situation. If that tarnishes her in the sight of her culture than she will have to suffer the social consequences, but for the State to have that power of punishment over her to me is giving too much power to that State.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Exactly. It, we, is all part of nature doing what nature does. From this standpoint it's nature doing what nature does. I might add imperfectly but only by some set of standards that have naturally grown up within us. Here we are , fooled again and that is part of it as well.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Years ago when I was all activist against nuclear power I made up a bumper sticker that read

''Try enjoying Nuclear Radiation, survival may be our only hope of survival. But it was too many words to make it look nice so I only made one.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join