It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans Evolving Faster Say Science People

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I've heard something but it was about people being born without pinky fingers.

Depends on one definition on what evolving. It is commonly believed thanks to Pokemon that life would get bigger an more complex, all the while it exact opposite where it only supposed to just adapt to survive, where the common trend is thing end up being more compact for energy efficiency an conservation.

Hell, somethings are so suited they haven't changed in a billion years, where nature won't fix something that isn't broken. Compared to our planets prehistoric history, mostly everything has shrunk in size except for us.

edit on 10-10-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
So it looks like over the past couple hundred years people have been evolving at a pretty speedy rate, losing our wisdom teeth (I only had two), growing extra bones in our feet and legs, etc. We're probably evolving pretty fast in our minds, too, although that would be pretty difficult to measure in any convincing way. But it's gotta be happening right? Not that we're getting smarter or anything. But something could be cooking.

currently.att.yahoo.com...

Interesting.

This could mean there's a change in the environment that's causing these changes.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Romeopsi
Interesting.
This could mean there's a change in the environment that's causing these changes.

Or it could mean that our ability to keep people alive and healthy has resulted in a larger number of people staying alive with unusual traits. Like these things are always sort of bubbling beneath the surface ready to express themselves, but the people with them kept dying off in the past. Now they live, and are throwing the statistics off a little. So rather than "improvements" to the species, maybe they're retrogressions that would have never been expressed except that our medicine and nutrition have improved so much that we're keeping these mutants alive now.
edit on 13-10-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Regressing if anything. People are getting stupid out there. Taking longer to mature. I'd wager a bet on any 15 year old boy from 1940 in a fight against most 25 year olds in 2020. Most of them are stupid and weak.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Evolving lol. I respect the notion, but on the contrary most humans, in the Western Hemisphere cannot do simple arithmetic or read a map, without a machine telling it to. Maybe a metamorphosis. From what I have read we are devolving, who knows.

Take the lyrics from "In the Year 2525" and start at 2025 and increase that by one year and that's about where we're heading.

In the year 2525 2025, if man is still alive
If woman can survive, they may find
In the year 3535 2026
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lie
Everything you think, do and say
Is in the pill you took today
In the year 4545 2027
You ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
You won't find a thing to chew
Nobody's gonna look at you
In the year 5555 2028
Your arms hangin' limp at your sides
Your legs got nothin' to do
Some machine's doin' that for you
In the year 6565 2029
You won't need no husband, won't need no wife
You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too
From the bottom of a long glass tube
In the year 7510 2030
If God's a coming, He oughta make it by then
Maybe He'll look around Himself and say
Guess it's time for the judgment day
In the year 8510 2031
God is gonna shake His mighty head
He'll either say I'm pleased where man has been
Or tear it down, and start again
In the year 9595 2032
I'm kinda wonderin' if man is gonna be alive
He's taken everything this old earth can give
And he ain't put back nothing

Now it's been ten thousand seven years
Man has cried a billion tears
For what, he never knew, now man's reign is through
But through eternal night, the twinkling of starlight
So very far away, maybe it's only yesterday

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I wonder if the selection criteria of the modern world will constitute progress from an evolutionary stand point.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Romeopsi
Interesting.

Or it could mean that our ability to keep people alive and healthy has resulted in a larger number of people staying alive with unusual traits. Like these things are always sort of bubbling beneath the surface ready to express themselves, but the people with them kept dying off in the past. Now they live, and are throwing the statistics off a little. So rather than "improvements" to the species, maybe they're retrogressions that would have never been expressed except that our medicine and nutrition have improved so much that we're keeping these mutants alive now.

Sounds familiar...

Talking about Haeckel...

edit on 14-10-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Evolving eh?

I don't think anyone uses that word properly.

Let me know when we change into a different species.

Until then it's just minor adaptations that are easily explanable.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Until then it's just minor adaptations that are easily explanable.

Yep. That's evolution all right!

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa

Yep. That's evolution all right!

No its not. Adaptations are reversible, and are therefore not hardwired random mutations. Many adaptations come from epigenetic alterations. Epigenetics is the change in expression of your genome which allows various biochemical adaptations to occur. Again, this is all reversible, and does not give creedence to the possibility of evolutionary theory

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Yeah if the SHTF non of these new hybrid humans would survive. People are evolving and becomming weaker each year.

Our modern society is creating a bunch a weaklings.......

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

But people have been recieving abortions and miscarrying children since the beginning of primates, yet here we all are.

Where would we be if Old Mother Einstein had an abortion or miscarried instead of having young Albert?. Or Mother Hitler????

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join