It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans Evolving Faster Say Science People

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
So it looks like over the past couple hundred years people have been evolving at a pretty speedy rate, losing our wisdom teeth (I only had two), growing extra bones in our feet and legs, etc. We're probably evolving pretty fast in our minds, too, although that would be pretty difficult to measure in any convincing way. But it's gotta be happening right? Not that we're getting smarter or anything. But something could be cooking.

currently.att.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

If you take into account the changes in human environment it does make sense.
Evolution is driven by environment

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Don't worry, as you can tell a lot of the masses are now devolving back to where we were at prior to several hundred years ago (as you can tell by all of the brainless masses we see out in the world and on the news everyday)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Evolving lol. I respect the notion, but on the contrary most humans, in the Western Hemisphere cannot do simple arithmetic or read a map, without a machine telling it to. Maybe a metamorphosis. From what I have read we are devolving, who knows.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

This is one of the reasons that abortions should not be used as birth control, or children we think of as less than perfect should not be terminated.

We may be killing off the the missing links to the next stage of our development.

Just thinking out loud.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

But people have been recieving abortions and miscarrying children since the beginning of primates, yet here we all are.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42

If you take into account the changes in human environment it does make sense.
Evolution is driven by environment

I agree with your statement and add Mutation from radiation spills over the years. Nukes tests detonated all over the world.

🧟 This is what we are becoming.
edit on 8-10-2020 by Robbo2006 because: Tried to add extra fingers 🖖🏼

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It sure must be nice to count oneself as NOT part of the ''brainless masses'' huh? Please tell us more about that view from Olympus can ya?

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Growing fast like the virus we are

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

This is one of the reasons that abortions should not be used as birth control, or children we think of as less than perfect should not be terminated.

We may be killing off the the missing links to the next stage of our development.

Just thinking out loud.

Thinking out loud here as well, if terminating an unwanted pregnancy might be killing off the missing links to the next stage of our development then wouldn't it also hold that those having sex that might lead to that termination be better off not having sex in the first place?

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Might also be why we are so screwed up.

Interference with nature can be part of the reason.

Just saying.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Some can say that our devolution began when religions began to tell us how to act and think rather than relying upon our natural instincts. Then of course it can be said that those natural instincts naturally lead us to rely on things like religion.

As far as extra bones in our feet well, thank you no, very much. My 15EEE's have plenty enough bones already.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I've given this some thought as well. If we are part of nature, how can we ''interfere with nature''. Wouldn't that just be nature messing with nature? Why might we suppose that we are interfering with nature. Likely it is all just part of the same process of growth and decay which for some strange reason seems to be at odds with some inexplicable notion of perfection of one sort or another.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I've given this some thought as well. If we are part of nature, how can we ''interfere with nature''. Wouldn't that just be nature messing with nature? Why might we suppose that we are interfering with nature. Likely it is all just part of the same process of growth and decay which for some strange reason seems to be at odds with some inexplicable notion of perfection of one sort or another.

/shrug

Nature's been messing with my damned tomato garden all flipping summer & fall now via eating every single one an animal can snag. It's both their nature to scavenge, and mine to be pissed about not being able to eat what I grew.

Therefore, in reality with no rose colored glasses to futz with the view, nature #s with itself all the damned time as a rule, rather than an option. Humans just ain't that special at the end of the day. We only THINK we are.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeeeeeepppp!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Thinking out loud here as well, if terminating an unwanted pregnancy might be killing off the missing links to the next stage of our development then wouldn't it also hold that those having sex that might lead to that termination be better off not having sex in the first place?

This is my point in the whole abortion discussion. If we're talking abortion for unwanted pregnancies we are intervening way too late in the process.

If you are not able or willing to raise a child to adulthood with the person whom you wish to have sex with then don't have sex. You will live. You can sort yourself out if the urge is that strong. Pretty simple stuff.
edit on 8102020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What I have a hard time wrapping my head around is how we were 200yrs ago or less compared to now.

Our science and technology is just as much a part of evolution as growing extra tidbits or having heightened ability in some physical way. 200yrs ago we were on foot, horse, wagon. That's it, I don't believe the bicycle was even a thing yet. We didn't even have electricity, much less the internet, wireless internet beaming everywhere, phones, cellphones, computers, anything.

No automatic weapons, missiles, you get the idea. Our technology everyday is getting mindblowing. While some of it featured in articles might seem pointless, extra, or niche, we read about it every single day. Always something new to browse on your phone or computer. All of that.. nuclear power.. gasoline? Making electricity without oil?

Oh, I don't know.. spaceships, satellites, probing the solar system and travelling to the moon.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

" So it looks like over the past couple hundred years people have been evolving at a pretty speedy rate "

True , but some other Hu Mons are Regressing at a pretty speedy rate Mentally and Physically too during this Time . They are DEVO Unbound..........

edit on 8-10-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Super interesting thread, star and flag! I don't know much about this stuff, but i bet there are quite a few people on ATS who can participate here with something that has my interest. Many already have

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Lol..I don't know, I'm pretty retarded and feel like Stephen Hawking every time enter traffic lately.

I am kinda leaning towards mutation vs. evolution.
The constant toxic soup we live in...from our tainted food and water supply and all the 2000 year shelf life nuke testing.
I've been checking out cancer maps and wind currents lately, so I may be biased.
edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join