It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Returns released; Reveals the president paid no income tax for 10 years

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

Trump's not a billionaire, probably not even a millionaire.

Ah I'm confident he has a lot in the bank... but he certainly does overexaggerate. With that said, this isn't a good look. I agree it will make a small dent in his campaign but in such a tight election, small dents can make all the difference.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

I'd personally have no problem giving/(working), for the government, so they can/could "lawfully" steal 10% of my earnings. As long as there was an understanding between us, that it's out of my patriotism.
Not because they hold a gun, or a "convected felon" red hot, branding iron to my forehead.

Strange thing is? I live in a free state. Not a federal jurisdiction, like Washington D.C. or any other of the Constitutionally defined, "federal territories".

I already have a "government", or two? Maybe three? Or four? That I already pay "taxes" to? I've lost count of all the "authority" over me. Kinda hard to take any of them seriously anymore.

edit on 27-9-2020 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: Edumakated
So following the tax code is now dodging taxes....

If the IRS had anything on Trump, they would have hung him a long time ago. Heck, they threw actor Wesley Snipes in jail and other celebs have been hit with all kinds of tax liens for non payment of taxes.

If Trump followed the law, why again has he been fighting with the IRS for a decade?

An audit often results in a difference of opinion between the filer and the IRS.

Taxpayers get audited all the time. Anyone with any lick of sense and the financial wherewithal would force the IRS to prove their assertion and fight the audit. If he did something illegal, then charges would have been filed.

From my understanding, the audit is due to a potentially fraudulent refund - which is illegal for non millionaires/billionaires like me.

WRONG, audits are done for many reasons, sometimes they are due to red flags, sometimes they are random, sometimes they are politically motivated attacks, sometimes they are due to honest mistakes, sometimes they due to outright fraud. There are a multitude of things that can trigger an audit. Even IF there was an inconsistency, it would generally result in re-paying the funds due and some minor monetary penalties, unless it could be proven it was outright fraud. With the number of Trumps accountants and CPA's it would be virtually impossible for Trump to have committed a crime, that's why you pay CPA's to do your taxes, they have the professional liability to ensure they are correct.
edit on 27-9-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Where's the proof that these are real? "According to an article in the NYT" doesn't cut it.

Im very sceptical when the New York Times said they wont make the tax returns public to protect their source. So if you show us his tax return we will know where you got it from? This tells me they are not tax returns or they are lying and dont actually have them.

Not really..

What if they got them from one of Trumps personal accountants that KNOWS Trump will go down after his term?

They wouldnt want their identity revealed because Trump could sue, maybe even press charges.

What if its someone at the IRS? .. and if they released them they could be in massive legal trouble?

I can think of TONS of sources who would have to maintain privacy for legal reasons

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: GravitySucks

Trump's not a billionaire, probably not even a millionaire.

this isn't a good look

It's a great look, someone who is smart enough to take every business advantage they can and keep their own money, that's the model for the USA and what Trump IS doing for our country right now.

This is what Trump says to the UN and China who have been cheating the US our of money for decades. Goodfellas..."F-you pay me".

edit on 27-9-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

It's a great look

Sure, that's your view of all this panoz. You're certainly entitled to it.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
[There is a difference. One assumes risks. A general worker assumes no risk. Those who assume risks should be rewarded with low to marginal taxes.

Why? The reward for starting a business that ultimately becomes successful is either one of or a combination of; increased stock valuation, return on investment or dividend payments among other benefits. The government shouldn't be giving the business owner(s) reduced personal rates to offset the risk, the risk is already offset by the potential reward.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
maybe this has been said but ere it is again. why doesnt any trump haters in here look at an actualy 1040 from trump in 2005

www.cbsnews.com...

remember these maddow had a huge bombshell episode on it..

really this tax thing is all the media has left here is what they have tried in the last two months
corona deaths- fail/ deflected of course dems supoort the narrative but.. these are not trumps fault we all did thr best we could and any armchair shoulda,coulda,woulda is a mute point.
sexual attack on a woman - she claimed he assulted her then a few days later it was revealed she purposefully met up with a few days later

now the taxes again and again and again
let it go people 99% of the people who pay taxes hate them.. and the 1% really hate them

i rarely see anyone give money unrequested to the government. but if there is any of those people here you can donate to the government

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   
In populist politics, everything is forgivable.

Many don't care about Trump not paying tax.

I say it's a good thing. Now the left can use that to do more dirt.
Then the right can use that dirt to do more dirt.

I'll be somewhere near the equator, watching and laughing.

That's all we can do. 😍🇺🇸😊🤫😘

Let's keep America great.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
What laws did he break?

If no laws were broken then this is another waste of time.

He broke zero laws. According to the IRS Tax Avoidance is "Perfectly Legal" In their own words.

Another nothing burger but the left are gonna try to say its something its not.

Just another day in the attempt to attack Trump and just another fail.

The funny thing is All these crazy people that are all against the system are now mad that Trump beat the very system they hate.

It's like getting mad at someone who beat your high score in pacman, the rules are the same for everyone, its all about who can play the game better.
edit on 28-9-2020 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
Was posted in mudpit already. However the question I have, is how did the NYT obtain these returns? I'm going to wager a guess that how they obtained them is in some fashion illegal, as these are not a matter of public record. Which in that case it does cast serious doubt as to their legitimacy.

So we're the watergate papers, but they turned out to be true.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Where's the proof that these are real? "According to an article in the NYT" doesn't cut it.

Trump did not deny that they were real he only said that the conclusions that they reached were fake.

I'd think that the NYT could tell if they were fake and wouldn't have used them if they were bogus.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
2 questions:
Was anyone hurt?
Were any laws broken?

1 If true, every law abiding taxpayer in America,
2 Possibly not, but illegal and immoral aren't always the same thing.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

......and I'm paying for the broke ass lifestyle of people in other states.

And for a moralising President who seeks to take the high ground with everyone else and who use's tax loopholes to avoid paying tax despite having a personal wealth estimated at approximately $2.5 billion.

And still the acolytes refuse to criticise the man for anything.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So your telling me a rich person did not pay taxes?
Well what a surprise also just found out water is wet.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I don't have a problem with anyone being financially well off, I have a problem with people who preach not being a mooch while being a mooch like the residents of states such as South Carolina and Alabama.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Maybe his worth is that much but if he isn’t taking an income there would be no income tax to pay. Taxing someone’s “worth” is a completely different topic and discussion altogether. If everything the president did was legal then it doesn’t bother me because I can pretty much guarantee almost every house representative and senator does the same type of things. So does pretty much every billionaire/ millionaire in the world.

I don’t blame them one bit. If you earned the money legally you should get to keep as much As possible

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

who use's tax loopholes to avoid paying tax

You have this caricature in your mind of how things should be and you argue with that.

That's a strawman in the making. Poorly constructed.

What you're actually saying is that Trump did nothing but use tax law to his advantage as any savvy taxpayer will (myself included) and you're mad about it...Because of reasons...

Where's the immoral part? Illegal? Slightly unethical? Anything?!
edit on 9 28 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Whats funny about this is how some folks think all the other rich people in DC pay their "fair" share, Bull none of them pay much in taxes unless they are new to their wealth and havent figured out who the good acountants are.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Trump gives 100% of his Presidential Salary back to the country...there's a couple million, right there.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join