It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Returns released; Reveals the president paid no income tax for 10 years

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Trump's taxes = NOTHINGBURGER with cheese (and some nice wine).

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Trump's taxes = NOTHINGBURGER

Hmm... it's a big election issue Panoz. I disagree.

edit on 27-9-2020 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

How is it evading when the tax laws allow you to write off loses. So if you are a business owner and you lost money from covid and lost your business because of Democrats then you should pay taxes on your loses that you never made? phahahah libtard logic.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

So is any of this supposed to be a surprise?
I’ve ran my business for over a decade and rarely make a “profit”...lol

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

So is any of this supposed to be a surprise?

Not to me Blunt. Stated this in the OP. Been long suspected.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

He wouldn’t be much of a businessman if he didn’t use every tax break he’s entitled to.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Trump Tax Returns released; Reveals the president paid no income tax for 10 years

And hasn't received a paycheck in four.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

Oh come on...

Everybody hates there family....

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Don't care.

When will get to see the tax returns of Nancy Pelosi, Diane Feinstein, Schmuck Shumer or Sandy Ocasio?

They would be much more interesting.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
“It's been long suspected that the President had evaded much of his tax obligations for some time now.”

Please don’t use the word “evade”...that’s an illegal action. This is called “tax avoidance”...which is perfectly legal.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

And hasn't received a paycheck in four.

A small price he's had to pay.

Trump's Golf Trips To Mar-a-Lago Cost County $13.8 Million

Trump businesses making millions from political and taxpayer spending

Trump Organization Reportedly Charged U.S Government Over $1.1 Million For Luxury Hotel Stays

I mean what's his salary as president? $400k a year? That should cover.... a fraction? Goody.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So what it sounds like you're saying, is that when you do your taxes every year, you claim no deductions at all? Am I understanding this right? You've never taken your taxes to an accountant, and just taken the number the IRS gives you at face value? No itemized deductions? No charitable deductions? No investment deductions? What about interest payments on property?

The President is gaming no one, he has accountants that go through the tax code and find that he can legally deduct. I imagine also at the start of the year they advise him on ways to invest and make charitable contributions in order to lessen his tax burden, I know mine do.

So since he's doing all of this within the bounds of the law, what exactly is the problem? Do you want a flat tax that everyone pays? I personally do, but I know that would hurt a lot of folks on fixed incomes as well, and may not be "fair" to those on the edge of poverty.

(post by carsforkids removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I see no difference between your categories, you're either a taxpayer or you're a mooch.

There is a difference. One assumes risks. A general worker assumes no risk. Those who assume risks should be rewarded with low to marginal taxes.

What risk are you assuming. Are you taking out loans, are you dealing with state and federal regulations, having to hire lawyers. Having to pay healthcare, minimum wages, dealing with childcare, maternity leave.

You are not dealing with these things and neither am I. You are just a common worker and replaceable. People that take on all these risks are not replaceable. Who is going to start a business from their garage like Bezos. Who is going to build a hotel and go into enormous debt on a future state. That would be Trump.

Start crushing these people and you are crushing the dream. They will not try anymore. You will be left with a country garbage. No more Apple phones. No more Tesla cars. Congrats thinking you are equal to them. You are not. Just a general worker.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
What laws did he break?

Felony tax fraud. Defrauding the government, in this case, to the tune of $400 million is a felony.
edit on 27-9-2020 by links234 because: Incorrect amount of money

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Felony tax fraud. Defrauding the government, in this case, to the tune of $73 million is a felony.

The IRS is incompetent.

Good to know!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join