It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Returns released; Reveals the president paid no income tax for 10 years

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

What is the bombshell?

Do we have some illegal activity?

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

What is the bombshell?

What part of the OP claimed it to be a bombshell?

Maybe read it again.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
If any real bad illegal stuff was in Trump's tax returns, the squeaky clean IRS would have leaked it in 2016 😃

I remember House Finance Committee chairwoman Maxine Waters gloating over having received TRUMP, Inc. bank statements and filings in April 2019.

The next time a reporter asked her about them, all she could do was scream "Twumps a crook! Hiz dayz is numbered!".

Biatch!

link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
Was posted in mudpit already. However the question I have, is how did the NYT obtain these returns? I'm going to wager a guess that how they obtained them is in some fashion illegal, as these are not a matter of public record. Which in that case it does cast serious doubt as to their legitimacy.

We don't even know they are real do we?

link   
He also gives back his presidential salary to government departments. Not to many presidents have done that. I mean, I'm sure Obama did, cause he was a pretty excellent dude.

www.politifact.com...

link   
a reply to: carewemust

People from California are ruining Texas with their crazy brand of liberalism.

Cali just sharing the love my friend.

Maybe move to Oklahoma if it's hitting too hard huh? Plenty of other states out there.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Maybe move to Oklahoma if it's hitting too hard huh? Plenty of other states out there.

Bat# crazy megalomania is not love.

Keep your crazy to yourself.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

It's sad to see happen to the lone star state. I've had many friends move here from there. I live in indiana we welcome them with open arms

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

He also gives back his presidential salary to government departments.

While raking in millions from taking advantage of the presidency;

Trump's Golf Trips To Mar-a-Lago Cost County $13.8 Million

Trump businesses making millions from political and taxpayer spending

Trump Organization Reportedly Charged U.S Government Over $1.1 Million For Luxury Hotel Stays

I'm glad he's giving up his $400k a year check though. Good on you Don!

edit on 27-9-2020 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

Bat# crazy megalomania is not love.

Keep your crazy to yourself.

I'm afraid the constitution doesn't grant you that choice my friend.

Like I said to the other member, plenty of other states and places to run to. It's a free country.

Share the love.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

It's been long suspected that the President had evaded much of his tax obligations for some time now. Partly due to the striking losses he's suffered and partly due to loopholes in the tax system.

So striking losses mitigate the amount he owes and he used the existing laws to his best advantage. Who doesn't?

The question isn't whether he paid taxes or not, its whether he was supposed to. If his losses were such that he ended up not owing federal tax then the matter is closed. Its not evading obligations if he is not obliged to pay in the first place.

Also, quoting the NYT and the Daily Mail is not exactly finding historical fact chiseled in stone. Its more like catching remnants of a popcorn fart in an empty elevator....

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I also have a good accountant, and I also do as much as possible to pay as little tax as possible. That's why the tax code exists, and that's why accountants exist, there are legal loopholes to just about everything and you can pay to utilize them. Since this is not illegal in any way, why is this even a talking point.

"I'm just going to sit here while the government robs me blind and uses my money on useless crap." versus "I've paid someone a nominal fee to make sure that I give the government as little money as possible, because that's how the tax code works."

Would anyone ever logically take that first stance? If you do, just go ahead and send your money to me, I'll make better use of it.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

What is the bombshell?

Do we have some illegal activity?

Bombshell is buried...

The New York Times has just published a long hyped and incredibly long winded account of Trump’s finances.

It’s going to seriously upset the left. There appears to be no wrongdoing, no Russia ties, and nothing of substance beyond what most corporations do.

twitter.com...
(Bold mine)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Not having reviewed, analyzed, etc., yet (don't really care to - I know most billionaires don't pay much in the way of personal income tax, if any), I don't know how he went about it, but businesses can be made to show losses legitimately while earning massive profits (re-investments, expenses, etc.)

What I've never been able to figure out is how one obtains lots of nice personal stuff without ending up with any taxable income. Is everything somehow a business expense? Meals? Housing? All and akways business expenses? Clothing? I suppose one coukd claim its all part of "branding?"

If so, I'm interested in paying an accountant who can guide me thru what I have to do to zero out my taxable incomewhile maintaining my actual income.

Not a dig on Trump - I've always wondered how thr rich pull it off while suckers like me dump $20k/ year into the fed & state black holes (not including docial security, etc)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

No suprise rich people never pay there fair share, its us mugs as the bottom that hold up this pyramid

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

California's idea of "sharing the love" is more like giving the rest of America the clap with a side order of crabs

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

(post by GoShredAK removed for political trolling and baiting)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join