It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Returns released; Reveals the president paid no income tax for 10 years

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I have a good accountant also.

Must suck to be everyone else.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

President Trump is trying reduce the taxes all of us pay even further. But Democrats Pelosi, Schumer, and Biden hate working-class people.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Tell Jimmy the Ox I said 'hey', love his work.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Money will buy you that, yes.

I'm pretty sure the president has access to a sickening amount of professional accountants right now as well.

I doubt anything will come of this.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Tell Jimmy the Ox I said 'hey', love his work.

He says we still have to do the "thing" about the person.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Why do you think anyone owes the government anything? I understand certain taxes to maintain and all but the government wastes money. Probably on the level of a crack addict or a heroine addict. The government needs to spend less and tax less as a whole.

Look at dem cities people fleeing in droves.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

It's been long suspected that the President had evaded much of his tax obligations for some time now. Partly due to the striking losses he's suffered and partly due to loopholes in the tax system.

If his business was net negative then he wouldn't have had to pay tax at all. So if he was indeed a failing business man like the left portraits him, then he wouldnt have had to pay any taxes. They gotta get their story straight

My guess would be he has great accountants that found plenty of legal write-offs. Take for example Amazon, they paid no federal income tax in 2018.

edit on 27-9-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

a reply to: KansasGirl

What do Pelosi’s returns look like?

Pelosi is not running for president.

As for Biden;

Joe and Jill Biden made more than $15 million in two years after leaving the White House, tax returns show

As for Trump?

Yes: Donald Trump is the only major-party nominee in 40 years not to release his tax returns

It is not required by any law to do so, he has the right not to. Why is this so difficult for Democrats to understand? It's like going into someone's house without a warrant - you can't do it! Step back and look at the big picture here, this is a violation of his personal privacy and I believe a few laws. Someone made his returns public and they deserve prison for doing so.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

We always knew Trump was smart and able to outwit anybody

By escaping tax obligations and cheating the system, government out of millions?

Say what you want about taxes, they are part and parcel of the law. While others, including working class americans, are paying their way back into the system, billionaires like Trump are running away from their obligations with little to no consequence.... and yet social services continue to be cut and more tax cuts for the rich are advocated for.

This isn't something to be proud of Xue.
I must have missed the bit about where Trump cheated the government out of taxes?
Please link me that part.
I hope you pay taxes, probably not though because you're a democrat voter.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

You say this;

Why do you think anyone owes the government anything?

and then you follow that up with this;

I understand certain taxes to maintain and all

If you really understood, there wouldn't be the need for that question right?

Not about owing the government anything. Taxes are a necessary part to the functioning of society in general. We can debate to what extent it should be, or by how much, but that fact still remains. We have vast amounts of infrastructure dependant on tax revenue, alongside the military and law enforcement.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
I pay a lot in taxes. A sickening amount in fact. I am ok with it for the most part.

I'm not. I'm not okay with what I pay at all especially considering I live in a state that pays more into the Treasury than we get out and I'm paying for the broke ass lifestyle of people in other states.

And what do you do to make dollars bounce around the economy. Are you hiring people, taking out loans with risk, dealing with unions, state laws and regulations. Sound like you are a just a worker like myself. You should pay more like me. Now, there is a limit. I'm not paying 45% in taxes but I get it. I do not create jobs or deal with the bs of job creators.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

The head editor of the times should get jail time.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

So he used tax credits given to him BY THE IRS for his losses?

Which is entirely legal and not "evading" taxes at all?

ZOMFG... THIS is the smoking gun!!!!

You people are so pathetic now that it isn't even humorous anymore.

/facepalm

Yes.

Just like all the rest of the country making over 150k.

Burying their profits in "losses", be it rental properties, charities their buisness friends run, or just straight old buisness to buisness transactions.....

All while whining about how capitalism and Trump are terrible.

Even though they are doing exactly the same #ing thing....

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I see no difference between your categories, you're either a taxpayer or you're a mooch.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

There's no cheating.

😃 is there ?

Where's all the business tax info?

You know, the ones that paid millions in taxes 😃
edit on Sep-27-2020 by xuenchen because: nickel tipper

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Agreed but the extent has been pushed beyond limits in certain democrat controlled areas. The problem with that being the people that voted for the over taxation. Then move to a low tax republican area and vote for the same thing they fled from. Which is a democrat controlled over taxes area.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast

Look at dem cities people fleeing in droves.

It was stunning listening to NY Governor Andrew Cuomo say that many wealthy people would leave the state, after President Trump did, because taxing the rich is just plain dumb.

The "rich" pay 80% of everyone's salaries, and 70% of all income taxes. You tax them more, they have the ability and the mobility to simply LEAVE. Whether it's a state, or the entire country.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If any real bad illegal stuff was in Trump's tax returns, the squeaky clean IRS would have leaked it in 2016 😃

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That is my exact point but the votes remain the same for the people able to leave not just the rich but the middle class that's left as well.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

People from California are ruining Texas with their crazy brand of liberalism. There would be a civil war inside the Lone Star state.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join