It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Ellen's Not A Nice Person But She Plays One On Tv

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Irreverent? Ummm ok.

The Life of Brian is irreverent, South Park is irreverent, It's always sunny in Philadelphia is irreverent. She is anything but irreverent when she toes a political ideology so far she ends up with a chain up her arse.

Irreverent? Do you know what that word even means?

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I prefer the actors and actresses who might play villainous roles, but in reality are top notch human beings. Two off the top of my head, Guy Williams and Sorrell Brooke. Anyone who has ever worked with these fine gentlemen has had nothing but kind words to say about them, whether it be costars, production crew, or just random people who met them.

It seems there are less and less of those type of people in Hollywood anymore.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I still find it hard to believe they actually going after a gay woman like that. I mean sure she needs it, but she is gay and a woman.

I bet had she been Black would hear nothing of it. Looks like the gays and women's priorities are shadowed by the Blacks.

I find it all amusing myself.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Black is the new gay. They need something in the headlines so they dont have to mention the millions of pissed off people losing there rights.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Irreverent? Ummm ok.

The Life of Brian is irreverent, South Park is irreverent, It's always sunny in Philadelphia is irreverent. She is anything but irreverent when she toes a political ideology so far she ends up with a chain up her arse.

And speaking of irreverent....I just love it when some "mega star" comes on her show arrogantly assuming that they are simply too big and too powerful in the industry for Ellen to dare question them about or bring up some taboo subject about the "star" that people are forbidden to mention....but of course Ellen does it anyway. And I just love the look of sheer glee on Ellen's face as she continues to pester them for a response despite their look of clear discomfort and haughty indignation.
edit on 7/21/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I would bet Ellen isn't half the loving human being of your mother.
So you can still watch her on TV. But if is she's like that towards people
I could never think of them both at the same time. Or find any kind
of solace in her. If she's mean to people? She's unhappy. If she's
unhappy then she's a fake.
edit on 21-7-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

Irreverent? Ummm ok.

And speaking of irreverent....I just love it when some "mega star" comes on her show arrogantly assuming that they are simply too big and too powerful in the industry for Ellen to dare question them about or bring up some taboo subject about the "star" that people are forbidden to mention....but of course Ellen does it anyway. And I just love the look of sheer glee on Ellen's face as she continues to pester them for a response despite their look of clear discomfort and haughty indignation.

So we agree she isn't irreverent? She is simply argumentative? I mean even from your description she is basically revelling in schadenfraude. What is it you don't get?

To each their own I guess.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I know a couple of people in Hollywood and both are rather nice even to me. I know many in the rock and roll business and they are all wonderful people. But we all have our moments. Met Opra once out in the middle of nowhere and she was nice but then had to deal with her people who seemed a bit confused because I didn't worship her. They were low life with a big attitude and I was nothing. I won they didn't get what they wanted and they didn't make our place look too bad because most of our regulars knew better.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Was it in the job description? What's the pay, an the benefits? Hundred percent dental maybe?

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
I know a couple of people in Hollywood and both are rather nice even to me. I know many in the rock and roll business and they are all wonderful people. But we all have our moments. Met Opra once out in the middle of nowhere and she was nice but then had to deal with her people who seemed a bit confused because I didn't worship her. They were low life with a big attitude and I was nothing. I won they didn't get what they wanted and they didn't make our place look too bad because most of our regulars knew better.

Wow, you just blew through the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon in no time flat.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Seriously though, I have followed Ellen's stand up career for a long time now...and at the peak of her creativity there was no better stand up comic anywhere. Her routines would follow a narrative that was artfully crafted....and she was a master at her craft.
She was a brilliant stand up comic doing her own perfectly created material.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Seriously though, I have followed Ellen's stand up career for a long time now...and at the peak of her creativity there was no better stand up comic anywhere. Her routines would follow a narrative that was artfully crafted....and she was a master at her craft.
She was a brilliant stand up comic doing her own perfectly created material.

This comment is more humorous than anything I've heard Ellen say.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
we all have our good and bad sides.

celebrities have their good sides magnified and vice versa.

enjoy your good memories and shrug off the negative. nobody's perfect.

if we knew all about performers we wouldn't be able to enjoy any of them.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Irreverent? Ummm ok.

So we agree she isn't irreverent? She is simply argumentative? I mean even from your description she is basically revelling in schadenfraude. What is it you don't get?

To each their own I guess.

Irreverent - ?
Irrelevant - !!!

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypantsDang why do you think they are called actors,they can be any person you want them to be on the TV set,big illusion

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I operate under the assumption that every actor I view or musician I listen to is a prick.

Then I carry on and enjoy what they created. At the end of the day, nobody REALLY gives a flying # if their favored entertainer is angelic or not. What they care about is their ability to generate a few minutes' or hours' worth of escape from banality.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I operate under the assumption that every actor I view or musician I listen to is a prick.

Then I carry on and enjoy what they created. At the end of the day, nobody REALLY gives a flying # if their favored entertainer is angelic or not. What they care about is their ability to generate a few minutes' or hours' worth of escape from banality.

So you still listen to your Bill Cosby records? I can't anymore.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: homerJ

originally posted by: Nyiah

So you still listen to your Bill Cosby records? I can't anymore.

I dislike Cosby as a singer, so no.

However, I DO like Mel Gibson as an actor, despite his anti-Semetic crap. I like Braveheart, his asshole real life persona doesn't detract from the quality of the film for me.

It's pretty easy to separate this stuff to me, I don't understand how others can't hack it. Their job is to entertain you, not be your ideological best friend or something...

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
She is good friends with the war criminal
G.W. Bush. I think there is a saying something like "Judge a person by the company they keep" I could be wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join