It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: China Three Gorges Dam Unstable - Possible Collapse Soon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
China admits to 'floodwater discharge' from Three Gorges Dam

Beijing says more flooding on way and main flood season has yet to begin

"Previously, Chinese state media had claimed that the Three Gorges, Gezhouba, Xiluodu, and Xiangjiaba dams were making full efforts to "generate electricity." However, some Hong Kong news outlets alleged that the "power generation" of the Three Gorges facility was actually an emergency flood discharge to prevent the dam from the threat of collapse."

If this dam goes there are 400 million people down stream

Karma is a b*tch I guess, steal water from other countries and reap what you sow.

www.taiwannews.com.tw...

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Smarties

I've been watching this for a few days now.
Satellite pics show the dam is crooked but the ccp says it's just an imaging issue.

Either way I would be to comfortable living down stream of the monster.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Smarties

"Previously, Chinese state media had claimed that the Three Gorges, Gezhouba, Xiluodu, and Xiangjiaba dams were making full efforts to "generate electricity." However, some Hong Kong news outlets alleged that the "power generation" of the Three Gorges facility was actually an emergency flood discharge to prevent the dam from the threat of collapse."

Karma is a b*tch I guess, steal water from other countries and reap what you sow.

www.taiwannews.com.tw...

Watch the water, Q

Guess what city is on the list to get wiped out? It might be a place where the Kung Flu originated, ironic.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
That’s a shame.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Smarties

Calling this Karma is a bit like when Sharon stone called it karma when when an earthquake in China killed children in a school. She said it was karma for what China done in Tibeat.

We are talking about innocent lives here!

If the dam bursts, I hope the people in the area are given plenty of time to get out of there!

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: Smarties

www.taiwannews.com.tw...

Watch the water, Q

Guess what city is on the list to get wiped out? It might be a place where the Kung Flu originated, ironic.

As Smarties said Karma charges interest and pays dividends. Look out boys here she comes.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
That’s a shame.

Yeah, if innocent lives are taken, then it is a shame.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

But is it karma or destruction of evidence?

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Good point, Wuhan which I'm sure will be affected one way or the other from the dam bursting, has been a point of intrigue since the last virus was released, and now a new one is being reported at the same time Wuhan gets caught with it's copper filled gold bars.

Though let's not forget the when outside teams went to examine the Three Gorges Dam they learned that it was never secured to the bedrock under it. The whole damn thing is just a floating weight. The mass of the dam itself is the only reason it hasn't broken up into pieces yet. The Party Officials knew about this at the time it was built but were more concerned about getting the dam done then doing it right.

So it could be both, could be one or the other, or it could just be that the Party Officials never paid any attention to history about how the rain cycle is over time when they thought this was a good idea.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Not to turn a dam thread into philosophy, but karma was brought in. If you believe in karma, you also believe in past lives as they are part of the same system of beliefs. Nobody is innocent.

Just because you are a kid in this life doesn't change the fact you might have been responsible for the deaths of many in the prior life. Some karma is repaid in this life, some from prior. Talking about karma and "innocents" is just deflecting from taking responsibility for actions. Like saying you were too drunk to remember running over someone so you aren't responsible.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

The whole damn thing is just a floating weight. The mass of the dam itself is the only reason it hasn't broken up into pieces yet. The Party Officials knew about this at the time it was built but were more concerned about getting the dam done then doing it right.

Do you have a source for that?

I did find this article from 2016 which paints a pretty bleak picture. Prophetic words perhaps?

Perhaps the most devastating risk lies in the possibility of the dam failing at some point due to seismic activity or some other weakening in the dam itself. Such a flood would be on a scale that has never been recorded. The future will reveal the answer to the question that this article poses.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well..it is 2020.

Chinese construction practice, and especially materials, leave a lot to be desired.

I hope the folks downstream get enough warning and help getting out.
edit on 30-6-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Any evidence was gone before the virus left China.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

The destruction, death and disease will be unimaginable.
Not to mention a sudden shift of that much water could add pressure on faults and perhaps a rebound of the plate.

That Chain of events could lead to anything, War, global seismic and volcanic activity, more pressure on the global markets, more criticism of Trumps actions or inaction.... and so on

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Come on with the Q larp already...

a reply to: panoz77

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
What happens to a virus lab when its taking out by a flood?
What happens to nuclear power plants when they're taking out by floods?
What happens to water supplies when chemical plants are taken out by floods?

This is more than just property and people being hit, it could contaminate and devastate large area's of land

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

No government cares about its citizens. That’s a fact. I really feel like China cares not for any humans on the planet . I really feel like their horrible work , shoddy ideas and terrible engineering are going to cost the earth big time . We need the current Chinese government out of power. The Rothschilds , Soros , and Rockefeller’s and so on and so forth want them in power . They play a very crucial role for them in their quest for world domination . Pretty soon we’re going to have to stand up for ourselves and take our rights back and let them know that we won’t tolerate this crap anymore and do it in a way where there scared senseless to ever try it again . All it takes is education

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail
a reply to: pteridine

No government cares about its citizens. That’s a fact. I really feel like China cares not for any humans on the planet . I really feel like their horrible work , shoddy ideas and terrible engineering are going to cost the earth big time . We need the current Chinese government out of power. The Rothschilds , Soros , and Rockefeller’s and so on and so forth want them in power . They play a very crucial role for them in their quest for world domination . Pretty soon we’re going to have to stand up for ourselves and take our rights back and let them know that we won’t tolerate this crap anymore and do it in a way where there scared senseless to ever try it again . All it takes is education

Where is Dr. Evil, when you need him.

Probably in Belgium. In the future. In space.

Alas...

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wuhan is taking on a lot of water. It is indeed flooding and looks to get worse. They are not going to compromise the damn that's a give. The water will be unleashed without much warning. It happens here in the US. TX, they have a damn around a lake with high dollar homes. Whenever those homes are threatened they open it up with no warning. Big dispute about it now with lawsuits. They deny it and everyone that floods goes ape s!@# because they know the truth. The high dollar homes never flood. Only everything below them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join