It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: China Three Gorges Dam Unstable - Possible Collapse Soon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Fun fact... the dam is so massive and the water behind it is so heavy that it actually slowed the rotation of the earth....increasing the length of the day by .06 milliseconds.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
This Chinese Lady has lots of Flood Videos from Inside China

Another thing to consider besides the dam breaking are the dams down stream The 3 Gorges dam is releasing 30,000 cubic meters of water every second. The next dam down stream at full release can only release 15,000 as all the other dams down stream .. The 3 gorges dam is huge and the smaller dams can not keep up; expect more flooding down stream..

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

It struck me that their might be nuclear plants down stream. Has China actually got any I thought they were coal plants/ This isn't good they have a lot of Nuclear reactors in south east china.en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 1-7-2020 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail
a reply to: pteridine

No government cares about its citizens. That’s a fact. I really feel like China cares not for any humans on the planet . I really feel like their horrible work , shoddy ideas and terrible engineering are going to cost the earth big time . We need the current Chinese government out of power. The Rothschilds , Soros , and Rockefeller’s and so on and so forth want them in power . They play a very crucial role for them in their quest for world domination . Pretty soon we’re going to have to stand up for ourselves and take our rights back and let them know that we won’t tolerate this crap anymore and do it in a way where there scared senseless to ever try it again . All it takes is education

No government cares for their people. All they care about is control, power and wealth, and making sure that we all follow like nice little sheep.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Not to turn a dam thread into philosophy, but karma was brought in. If you believe in karma, you also believe in past lives as they are part of the same system of beliefs. Nobody is innocent.

Just because you are a kid in this life doesn't change the fact you might have been responsible for the deaths of many in the prior life. Some karma is repaid in this life, some from prior. Talking about karma and "innocents" is just deflecting from taking responsibility for actions. Like saying you were too drunk to remember running over someone so you aren't responsible.

Sorry, but completly disagree. And if you are right, then how wrong and twisted is that!

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: Halfswede
Not to turn a dam thread into philosophy, but karma was brought in. If you believe in karma, you also believe in past lives as they are part of the same system of beliefs. Nobody is innocent.

Just because you are a kid in this life doesn't change the fact you might have been responsible for the deaths of many in the prior life. Some karma is repaid in this life, some from prior. Talking about karma and "innocents" is just deflecting from taking responsibility for actions. Like saying you were too drunk to remember running over someone so you aren't responsible.

Sorry, but completly disagree. And if you are right, then how wrong and twisted is that!

Happy to engage in an appropriate thread, so I will just leave it with this:

Objectively speaking, a system of 100% personal accountability where good is actually rewarded with good and evil is repaid, where no blessing or suffering is without root cause from the person's own actions seems the opposite of twisted from my perspective. It seems quite "fair" and just.

That said, personal accountability has been systematically scrubbed from today's upbringing. It is hard for some people to want to be accountable for the things they did today, much less over their very existence, so I get it.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Tossing in a comment to keep track.

I do find it interesting that an earlier thread started about how the Three Gorges Dam could be instrumental in some kind of attack on the Chinese. Like a covert operation or asymmetric warfare tactic.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I remember when the Damn was going up. I marvelled at the demonstration of engineering, but I was also thinking that there are always issues and if they get something wrong or don't account for something it could be a huge disaster.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
Fun fact... the dam is so massive and the water behind it is so heavy that it actually slowed the rotation of the earth....increasing the length of the day by .06 milliseconds.

Looks like God is going to reset the watch.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
considereing the scale of the project

and the track record of Chinese technology
and the Chinese government

Three Gorges failure sounds inevitable.

those people deserve a better government.

could be the worst man-made catastrophe ever?

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Probably would be the worst man made catastrophe in scale of deaths ever, excluding wars of course,, sorry to have a break I just got back from work.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Thenail

While I applaud the sentiment, these centres of wealth you refer to (regardless of the names that we know on the front), are vast and extend back centuries if not millennia, incorporating multiple families and legacies.

They are not so easily removed, as the wealth has already been gathered. No matter who you "remove", the likely literal mountains of treasure sequestered from the world, can be used to finance new systems, even as the old paradigms topple.

Even when you think you've won, all you are doing is helping to establish a new system, financed by the collected wealth of the world.

Accept that the world has already been dominated. Now a system has to be discovered that is worth financing, that both increases wealth for the Grand Stash, but also generates more wealth at the grass roots.

There is an approach that allows for governance to have a reason to better the human experience, while lining they're pockets.

Think about Tax. An economists view of Tax is that it fundamentally has a slowing effect on economy's. This isn't true in every system, and there is an approach that accelerates economic growth based on taxation.

It's not through more work, which is the only way we've ever been able to imagine it.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Worst rains expected for 80 years, the dam is of poor quality. Experts are saying the dam is weak and deformed. The blocks are not connected to the bed rock below but are "just sitting on it".

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Tossing in a comment to keep track.

I do find it interesting that an earlier thread started about how the Three Gorges Dam could be instrumental in some kind of attack on the Chinese. Like a covert operation or asymmetric warfare tactic. [/quote

Up there for thinking down there for dancing

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I looked at the dam on Goggle Earth and the satellite view shows the dam as CGI -- perfect in every way. On Google maps it is really distorted, maybe because of images following ground contours the computer thinks are there. Did they show the distorted image on purpose so people would believe it was an image problem? I suspect that the real image is somewhere between the two and that Google is kissing CCP butt to stay in China.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Heres a shot, down towards the bottom of the article:

Article:
7News Australia
edit on 712020 by Butterfinger because: unable to link to pic

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It seems like a scientist predicting the failure of the dam, accurately predicted an earthquake today:

www.taiwannews.com.tw...

"On June 26, a Chinese seismologist who goes by the YouTube handle Feng Tian Lao Wang (奉天老王) predicted that the ongoing flooding in the Yangtze River Basin would peak on July 2 and that an earthquake would also take place that day, exacerbating the situation involving the Three Gorges Dam. He predicted that a "catastrophe" would strike the river basin on that day and advised residents in the area to make preparations in advance.

The China Meteorological Administration (CMA) on July 2 issued a heavy rain warning across China for the 31st straight day, and as the seismologist had predicted, an earthquake struck the region that day. "

I haven't read anything else about this - I don't know if the source is valid?
edit on July 2nd 2020 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Just to put it in perspective, this dam is so massive, it slowed the earth’s rotation. If it breaks, it will be the most devasting thing we’ve seen in centuries. The effects of it, i feel, are immeasurable. If it does destroy Wuhan like some have speculated... forget about the “evidence”. What else have they have been working on that when unleashed in a catastrophic flood, would wreak havoc upon the world? If the water from the flood acts a carrier to these viruses there could be some pretty dark times ahead. Those saying this is karma for china might want to consider this is karma for the world as a whole.
edit on 2-7-2020 by PhatalError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

I'm curious how that happens, the mass of the earth has not changes, any material there was maybe just somewhere else.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join