It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparency On The Future of ATS

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

Yea... I agree that at this point ATS is unlikely to shut down prior to election night.... great for all of us.. may bring traffic up a bit as well... especially with a Trump win.

Thanks to the owners for giving us fair warning. Appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

Don't tempt fate!

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Also shut down the bloody adblockers, it's the only revenue. I am a relative active member and I get no ads at all, an adblocker is not needed here as an active member.

I get ads when I am logged out though.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
Has there been any collective decision as to where members should migrate pending the closure of ATS?

If there is an alternative site where people are heading I'd appreciate a link.

CT

Check your PM’s.

Can I please get that same PM? I'm having a panic attack after trying to google some good sites and it was torture going through # after # site.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Find a Russian investor so they can feed their own trolls.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well the owner SO has not been here since July 13th !

Any word of a new owner

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

As far as I know, SO is one of the owners, not the owner.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Also shut down the bloody adblockers, it's the only revenue. I am a relative active member and I get no ads at all, an adblocker is not needed here as an active member.

I get ads when I am logged out though.

I think most "views" daily are from non members.

A few hundred Members a day isn't exactly setting a world record for ad revenue.

And he said google has somehow been limiting search results which would stop lots of new views.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

As far as I know, SO is one of the owners, not the owner.

Any news of a members buy out everything has gone quiet it is a bit like being on death row here

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
I think so, too, that there are more visits from non members, with adblocker turned on. Everybody can handle this like they want but I remember this being a topic.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I know nothing about that, but I think there's a thread somewhere about it.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I think we should in the least get some commitment that this forum will still be here leading up to the days on and following the presidential election??

(post by Ksihkehe removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
Do you not recognize the same mentality of progressive gimme gimme gimme as the reason that user contribution sites are going to die?
The way Skeptic Overlord explained it, there's a shift for advertisers to not want to run ads on websites with comments, which is devastating for this site because it's all comments. He didn't mention any gimme issues.

I don't have expectations, but I have hopes. I had hoped we would get at least 90 days notice before this site closed. But since there's now less than 90 days left in the year and SO said he didn't see this site lasting the year, it looks like either my 90 day notice hope won't be realized, or maybe the site lasts a little longer than SO projected, and closes in January instead of December. I admit the 90 days is just something I dreamed up since SO was not specific about how much notice the owners planned to give us before closing.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

The world is going woke and woke find free speech of any sort to be anathema.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
We were told at one stage that secret negotiations were taking place, so perhaps absence of news indicates that the negotiations have not broken down. That's the optimistic approach.

edit on 6-10-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Advertisers don't want to be associated with a site that may be seen as allowing politically incorrect views to be aired.
Not necessarily woke.....just nothing controversial.

Admittedly I know absolutely sweet F.A. about marketing or advertisng etc - some say I know # all about anytihng! - but I'd be trying to 'sell' ATS as the last bastion of free speech and 'out-there' thinking as well as conspiracy theories/UFO's etc.

Surely there's space on the internet for a site that encourages respectful and reasoned debate? - not that there's much of that nowadays.
Perhaps ATS should also re-set to factory settings, ditch the mud-pit, make politics a stand alone sub-section of the site and concentrate on its original core Forums?

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Im gonna say that the owners will keep it running until the election.

Between then and Christmas we will get the devastating news of closure.

Thats what i reckon fwiw.

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71 >>

join