It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Police Walkout in Atlanta

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

He had a taser and was pointing it over his shoulder at the cop, at least from the video seen. He shoots the cop with the taser and the cop is down and now the thug has a service handgun. Also, if the taser was next to Brooks, the officer would have kicked it away from him which, depending on the viewing angle, could have looked like he was kicking Brooks.

On the flip side, though... if someone had just beat on you and shot at you with a taser, forcing you to drop two rounds into his torso, would you have treated his carcass with tender loving care? I sure as hell wouldn't have.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Does it mean I need to be armed to do so?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm not predicting the future, Phage.

Right. You predicted the past.

over with NO public backlash

No, I judged the past based on prior incidents. Usually, in the past, when a cop drops someone that is holding a weapon they've fired at the cop, very little uproar takes place.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Just heard an LEO on the scanner for a call "just hold up, you know what's up?", response "yeah copy".

LOL
edit on 17-6-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

He had a taser and was pointing it over his shoulder at the cop

Oh, wow. Everyone run for cover. He's drunk, running away, and pointing a taser over his shoulder. My word.

if someone had just beat on you and shot at you with a taser, forcing you to drop two rounds into his torso, would you have treated his carcass with tender loving care? I sure as hell wouldn't have.

I'm not LE held to a higher standard under the color of law.

So it's ok for cops to beat those who they have fatally shot as they're laying on the ground bleeding to death? Hope you're not a cop.

I thought they were held to at least some kind of higher standard.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
radio calling 2132 x-ray?......raising officer king?..........alert tone...................silence

dispatcher is calling all units and asking for status, mostly no responses

8603 and 8601 just responded, two person unit

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

No, I judged the past based on prior incidents.
Assumed.

Usually, in the past, when a cop drops someone that is holding a weapon they've fired at the cop, very little uproar takes place.
The taser was fired? I really can't say how often it happens, or not. But I do think that anytime a police officer kills a person the circumstances should be carefully examined.

Yes, this happened at a very bad time.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Does it mean I need to be armed to do so?

It's your life, you just probably won't last very long on the job.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

I think shooting him twice in the back as he is running away (not during the actual struggle), then kicking him while he is on the ground bleeding to death might be part of the problem. Walter Scott comes to mind..
Maybe...

You are right; after all he had somehow through convincing persuasion gained the possession of the arresting officers taser. He should have just planted himself and stood his ground when firing it at that officer; what was his intent, to cut bait or kill? That same officer gave him CPR.
edit on 17-6-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

He had a taser and was pointing it over his shoulder at the cop

Oh, wow. Everyone run for cover. He's drunk, running away, and pointing a taser over his shoulder. My word.

if someone had just beat on you and shot at you with a taser, forcing you to drop two rounds into his torso, would you have treated his carcass with tender loving care? I sure as hell wouldn't have.

I'm not LE held to a higher standard under the color of law.

So it's ok for cops to beat those who they have fatally shot as they're laying on the ground bleeding to death? Hope you're not a cop.

I thought they were held to at least some kind of higher standard.

Bottom line, if certain communities held their own people to higher standards, we wouldn't have any of this crap happening in the first place. Aside from that, once the cop has seen fit to put wind resistance holes in someone with a robust criminal record who also attemtped to fight with two officers and stole one of the officer's taser weapons, I sort of view the suspect's passing as additional value added service from the attending officer. God knows we don't need tax dollars wasted on resuscitating and continued medical treatment to try to keep alive that which seems to have not valued their own life in the first place.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Nor would I want it.

There are a number of occupations I wouldn't want to do. I'm sure there are many who would have no interest in doing my job.

Are you saying that police are just glorified paramedics?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

a reply to: JDmOKI

Fine. Would you leave the good citizens to the mercy of the mob?

I think my thought process would be:

Good citizens ... my family and future ... good citizens ... my family and future ... Why on earth did I even entertain that notion? My family and future come first.

I mean how much do you expect the cops to risk? Putting their lives on the line is one thing, but then to strip all backing out from under their feet so they less legal protection then an armed citizen using self-defense is another.
edit on 17-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Why on earth did I even entertain that notion? My family and future come first.

I guess then, maybe you never should have been a cop in the first place? As a cop, it would seem your future would depend upon what happens each time you go to work.

I mean how much do you expect the cops to risk? Putting their lives on the line is one thing, but then to strip all backing out from under their feet so they less legal protection then an armed citizen using self-defense is another.
There will be a trial. Due process. I think police should have the freedom to use discretion on the use of deadly force. I don't think it is unreasonable to determine how much discretion was used. Taking a life is...taking a life.

Would you agree that there is a spectrum? At one end there is Oklahoma City at the other is what happened in Las Vegas on June 2. Atlanta is somewhere in between.
edit on 6/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Member must Stay on Topic!!!
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Please read:.
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

My point is that it's enough to ask me to make life or death decisions while I am on the job, but now I have to constantly second guess that for the reasons of politics:

What color am I? What gender am I? What color is the perp? What gender is the perp? Depending the answers to those questions, dare I do X? Dare I do Y? Can I give chase? If the perp attacks me and I'm afraid for my life can I defend myself or am I safer taking a bullet?

And even if I make all the right choices, here comes Mayor Phage making a serious audition for the VP slot this year, and he needs to appease the mob, so he throws me under the bus anyhow.

edit on 17-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

See my edit in response to yours.

Yes, the use of deadly force is deadly serious. The decision to use it needs to be closely considered. The color of the person should not be a factor, either way.

You seem to think that I'm against the police. Read my posts again. I'm not.

edit on 6/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Phage

My point is that it's enough to ask me to make life or death decisions while I am on the job, but now I have to constantly second guess that for the reasons of politics:

What color am I? What gender am I? What color is the perp? What gender is the perp? Depending the answers to those questions, dare I do X? Dare I do Y? Can I give chase? If the perp attacks me and I'm afraid for my life can I defend myself or am I safer taking a bullet?

And even if I make all the right choices, here comes Mayor Phage making a serious audition for the VP slot this year, and he needs to appease the mob, so he throws me under the bus anyhow.

This is exactly what they're going through. No wonder they're walking off the job. I have a wife and four little kids, I'd be walking off the job yesterday.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm guessing the original tweet from the OP is about Fulton County police since it says County and Atlanta.....or is this city of Atlanta Police?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
Just heard an LEO on the scanner for a call "just hold up, you know what's up?", response "yeah copy".

LOL

Did I just hear someone slapped a newborn baby? zone 6?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
m.broadcastify.com... per scanner 2 minutes ago apparently protestors are going to a precint they are talking about it right now , apparently there are like 2 cops there vs the normal numbers

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join