It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Police Walkout in Atlanta

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
Been listening to the scanner since I posted, not one peep, static. This is gonna be good.

I'm listening to your link and there is activity every few minutes but it is mostly static. There are just under 12k listeners on that channel right now. Zone 6 is talking right now.
edit on 17-6-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Abandon everyone in Atlanta because there are protests about police brutality. Got it.

I don't think that's what's happening. I think the rumors are flying quite wildly. I think there are many cops who are better than that.
edit on 6/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't expect BLM to protect and serve.

I've heard cops are dumb undertrained underpaid racist wife beaters for weeks now and their every move has possible legal action. In big cities id for sure quit or transfer.
edit on 17-6-2020 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2020 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
link   

Abandon everyone in Atlanta because there are protests about police brutality. Got it.

I don't think that's what's happening. I think the rumors are flying quite wildly.

I think it has a little more to do with the fact that a cop who likely acted to save he and his partner's life from a suspect who was doing something that just a few weeks ago would have been met with deadly force over with NO public backlash was charged with murder than with protesting "police brutality" in general, Phage. If I'm a cop and I'm suddenly told "If you are carrying out your sworn duties and encounter a situation in which a suspect is fighting you and has a weapon drawn on you, you're not permitted to use proven force or you'll face murder charges" I'm probably shoving my badge up the mayor's ass on live TV and walking from the job.

link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Fine. Would you leave the good citizens to the mercy of the mob?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: JAGStorm

Now I know why Walking Dead took place in Atlanta.
They always show us a preview of what's to come....

Was not Atlanta proper .
It was Cobb County in the Kennesaw area and Tyler Perry's studio (old Fort McPherson)
And , on my way to work back then , I got to see some filming.
Of late , it has been filmed in the sleepy little town of Senoia , Ga. (pop . just over 3000)

Sorry , I dislike inaccurate statements.

In addition to Senoia, they also filmed around metro Atlanta, including in the city itself, in some episodes/seasons.

Sorry, I also dislike inaccurate statements.

I require citation for that.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

a reply to: ketsuko

I don't expect BLM to protect and serve.

I've heard cops are dumb undertrained underpaid racist wife beaters.

Some real exercises in projection on the part of BLM, in my humble opinion...

link   

I think it has a little more to do with the fact that a cop who likely acted to save he and his partner's life from a suspect who was doing something that just a few weeks ago would have been met with deadly force over with NO public backlash

A bad situation at a bad time, yes. But I'm not at all sure your crystal ball is polished well enough.

link   
Local news in Atlanta, WSB 2, is providing the official news. A high nunber of officers called in sick but we are dealing with it.

I was expecting that.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I'd educate the good citizens on the virtues of the Second Amendment and explain that ever since the SCOTUS ruled the police have zero mandate to actually protect people, they've been at risk for being on their own 24/7 long before this tomfoolery began.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Phage

But you only want the cops to protect and serve if you absolutely cannot armchair QB them and second-guess them 6 ways from Sunday too.

Forget second guessing; this BLM awareness network (fledgling political party) will soon demand the complete disarming of law enforcement, no knock about clubs, taser stun guns or weapons of last resort: firearms.
edit on 17-6-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I think it has a little more to do with the fact that a cop who likely acted to save he and his partner's life from a suspect who was doing something that just a few weeks ago would have been met with deadly force over with NO public backlash

A bad situation at a bad time, yes. But I'm not at all sure your crystal ball is polished well enough.

I'm not predicting the future, Phage... I'm saying what I'd do in the situation if I was a cop right now. I'd walk over this crap in a heartbeat and, being honest, roast S'mores over the smoldering ruins of whatever city crapped on me in the process while they burned themselves down once they realized the cops aren't there to shield the city from it's own BS.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I think shooting him twice in the back as he is running away (not during the actual struggle), then kicking him while he is on the ground bleeding to death might be part of the problem. Walter Scott comes to mind..

Maybe...

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The ones that are better than that are the ones smart enough to know they work for a city that will hang them out to dry to appease the mob, good citizens be damned. So, much like Lebron, they’ll take their talents elsewhere and worry about those good citizens instead.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Probably not but Id say the police are taking a massive risk with every single call they take that could go bad after all the negative press.

I'm not surprised if this is true.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Yes, the police are not here to defend us citizens, never have been. If you are expecting the police to protect you against a home invader or getting mugged, you are seriously delusional. That's why we CCW. The police normally write up the report. It is very uncommon that they actually prevent a violent crime from occurring.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I'm not predicting the future, Phage.

Right. You predicted the past.

over with NO public backlash

link   
Entirely anecdotal - I was just told there’s nearly 600 calls for service in queue across the city, and neighboring agencies are refusing mutual aid requests.

Rumor? Yes. Possible? Blue flu hits hard when it hits, as graveyard shift at APD has apparently learned according to their own PIO.

link   
a reply to: panoz77

Yes, the police are not here to defend us citizens, never have been.

Really?

It is very uncommon that they actually prevent a violent crime from occurring.

So you agree with disbanding the police since they don't really protect anyone? That's a surprise.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

a reply to: panoz77

It is very uncommon that they actually prevent a violent crime from occurring.

So you agree with disbanding the police? That's a surprise.

Are you volunteering to write up reports and give narcan to heroin addicts?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join