It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rayshard Brooks charging decision today

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

"people like you"

Slippery slope their pal, probably best not traveled. x

If the law is plain as day, then why have the officers been charged?

As to Georgia law.

www.onlyinyourstate.com...

Some of them are a bit nuts.

edit on 18-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Hey just because the DA said it’s a deadly weapon and the law says it’s a deadly weapon doesn’t change the fact that the DA then said it’s not a deadly weapon later, and that’s the important part.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

You're stating your belief.

There's this concept we call optics.

Just as you have your belief, others, like many in the Black community, feel that cops are executing Black men in the streets of America. To them your claim that "it has nothing to do with skin color" is just as ludicrous.

I don't care about what color Mr. Brooks' skin was, what I care about is another instance of a cop using lethal force when lethal force was not required. Also, what concerns me is how many folks, regardless of the facts that continue to be released, continue to justify virtually any killing by cop. That's a big part of what has gotten us here.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Hey just because the DA said it’s a deadly weapon and the law says it’s a deadly weapon doesn’t change the fact that the DA then said it’s not a deadly weapon later, and that’s the important part.

Quote the DA saying a taser is a deadly weapon then.

That should be cake.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

As to Tasers, I've been tased, deadly weapon my arse, just not very nice.

What about being incapacitated by a violent felon, fleeing prison, with a taser and having your skull split on concrete? Ever do that? Cause that is the possibility the officers were faced with.

You do realize the officer who got his skull binged off the pavement had been given a concussion, right?

You seem to let emotion do a lot of the thinking for you.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The video has been posted.

I’m really not interested in continuing the merry-go-round you seem to consider discussion. You attack points not made because you can’t attack ones actually made, insist on telling me what I must really mean instead of just reading what I’ve written because attacking things I haven’t said is evidently easier, and tell me I’m paraphrasing things when I’m clearly not. It was fun for a while but you’ve reached the point now of quite literally making things up in an effort to “win” whatever you think this is, and that makes for uninteresting conversation on my end. Take care

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

I've done the skull split on the concrete thing a few times.

Like i said the man has been charged with felony murder, wonder why that is if they did not do anything wrong but follow procedure?

Can you not answer that query or just refuse to address the charges?

Stick up for wrong'yins all you like, still being prosecuted all the same.

And Persia don't make rugs big enough for you to sweep another poor dead black dude who experienced death by cop under there, well not right now any road. x
edit on 19-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well we definitely know that prosecutors never overcharge defendants, right?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Like i said the man has been charged with felony murder, wonder why that is if they did not do anything wrong but follow procedure?

He was charged by a politician DA, before the GBI had even investigated. They stated as much. Do you not keep up? Every reasonable person who watches the whole tape, including the local sheriff, say no charges should be levied.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

The charges have been levied and the Man sacked.

That's fact.

Every reasonable person can see the man being kicked on the ground via the picture taken and freely available.

And your bodycam footage shows the cop shooting him twice in the back.

That's felony Murder, let's see him dodge that bullet, with the video evidence and other applicable information available.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Suppose they need to start somewhere.

There won't be any deals or reductions in the charge.

Because as you very well know, the people won't stand for it under the present climate.

I like Beau's take on the matter, which raises some very interesting points.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

He was charged by a politician DA, before the GBI had even investigated. They stated as much. Do you not keep up? Every reasonable person who watches the whole tape, including the local sheriff, say no charges should be levied.

Most DAs are politicians, are you trying to delegitimize our entire legal system? GBI doesn't make the decision to indict, don't you keep up?

The rest is a baseless appeal to an imagined authority. I'd love to see any quote from anyone saying that no charges should be "levied" ... can you give us that?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Brilliant fact based commentary. Thanks for sharing.

His point is well taken. The belief that law enforcement (or the government) is ALWAYS right is a fundamental aspect of a police state.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

And the murder charge won’t get a conviction, which the people also won’t stand for.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
So many psychics here predicting the future. Can you guys suggest any lottery ticket numbers?

The more evidence that comes to light, the more questionable this shooting is.

We will see what a jury has to say.

Whatever the outcome, and whatever our opinions on it, the facts are clear. It will be used to further inflame one side or the other.

Brooks resisted arrest. He should have been subdued. He should not have been shot in the back and then kicked.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Think you may need to let an actual court of law establish the fact of the matter.

The fact is there are 12 charges one of them being felony murder.

Even old TJ Hooker could not get himself out of that mess with a big GBI spade.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

GEORGIA CRIMINAL JURY INSTRUCTIONS (G.C.J.I. 2003)

GA 3.08.10 Arrest; Right to Resist Unlawful Force in Making Legal Arrest (Note: The following charge should relate to charges arising out of the arrest itself for example, assault, escape, etc)

A police officer, in making a lawful arrest, is authorized to use only that degree of force that is reasonably necessary to accomplish the arrest. The mere fact that a lawful arrest is being made does not give the officer the right to use excessive force or an unlawful degree of force upon the person being arrested.

A person being arrested, even though the arrest itself is lawful, has the right to resist the use of excessive and unlawful force by those making the arrest to the extent that the person reasonably believes that the degree of resistance used is necessary to defend against the officer’s use of unlawful or excessive force. In resisting, the person being arrested would not be authorized to use force that is unlawful or disproportionate to the amount of force necessary to prevent the unlawful force being used against the person.

Webb v. State, 159 Ga. App. 403 (1981)

Source

Meadows v. State

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

The GBI doesn't make prosecutorial decisions.

The GBI investigation in these cases provides additional evidence.

Apparently the Fulton DA thinks he has sufficient evidence for the charges.

Shamrock does have a point in as much as the DA is a political creature (as are MOST DAs as it happens).

For the DA even if he loses, he's still the one that "stood up for justice."

I'm thinkng the "law and order" folks don't really want to push the idea that most DAs are crooked.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Most DAs are politicians, are you trying to delegitimize our entire legal system?

Yes. If there are civil servants who are abusing their position of power to help them politically, our system is broken. The job should be done in the eyes of justice alone, by the book, based on previous rulings, and with integrity. If we don't agree on that we truly are country divided.

On another note; He sees the judge today at noon, so I guess we will all have to wait and see. I agree with Shamrock though, they over charged him. Possibly on purpose.

edit on 19-6-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

You’re right, there are 12 charges. I referenced once specific charge. That’s why I said murder, not all 12 charges. If you’re going to use the “court will decide” tactic to try and shut up people who disagree with you, that’s cool and all but the same applies to you. A court will decide whether the DA was justified in charging him with murder, it’s not as simple as your whole “well if the DA charged him with it he must have done it” song and dance.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join