It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rayshard Brooks charging decision today

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That’s great man, I really value that feedback

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Gryphon66

Cool, thanks for letting me know

You're welcome.

You must have realized you can't back up your claim.

Fair enough.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
For anyone interested, the claims made earlier about the Fulton DA are mostly factual:

Atlanta Journal Constitution

I encourage anyone to read the article. It does bear on the DA's credibility, which is not much.

I may have mentioned that politicians are psychopaths.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Quote the DA saying a taser is a deadly weapon then.

That should be cake.

Here is the DA saying just that 2 weeks before...

So shoot in the back? Is that really even a point? They didn't shoot until Brooks shot first, so theirs was return fire from Brooks initiating that response with him shooting the taser first. Is there some code that if a person fires at you and then turns their back you can not return fire? His forcibly taking the taser and using it is what caused the cops to draw their guns...You must admit the cops were very calm with a lot of patience for like 20+ minutes with a guy that was passed out in his car in a drive through lane. Was over 2x the legal limit and showed just that.

Brooks was not a nice guy, beat his wife and abused his kid that he went to jail for. He also has a long history of crime... This is why he would be willing to do anything not to be arrested since he would go back to jail no matter what as it would break his probation. There is a very dangerous reason why he fought back....

edit on 19-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The Rayshard Brooks murderer has been moved to a "safer" jail.

www.theatlantavoice.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Smashing.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

No win whatsoever.

Just another dead person killed by a cop over stupidity, the majority of such was his own.

Tragic really.

But i don't think he deserved to die.

edit on 19-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
F'd up thing is that the cop step mother has been fired by Equity Prime just for being related to the cop.

They said to her " we have to terminate our relationship with you."

Ain't that BS.
edit on 19-6-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That’s really great man, I’m happy for you. Thanks for letting me know!

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Thanks Xtrozero.

Well that's half of the claim down.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Thanks Xtrozero.

Well that's half of the claim down.

I'm not sure about the kicking, did he do a full kick to him, or maybe nudge him to make sure he was actually down and not just waiting...I think I read that they deny kicking at all. There was also a sound bite of the cop saying something like "Keep breathing, stay with me"....

I'm going in the direction the DA has his own internal issues and was trying to use this case to his advantage that will not go to court. Unfortunately when that happens there will be more riots and they might not have any cops that that point.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Here's the thing that might make a difference and explain the DAs thinking if there is any.

The effective range of the X2 taser is listed as 10 - 15 ft. And it has proven highly inaccurate at that range in the hands of an expert user.

The matter of the DA saying a taser is a deadly weapon (which it isn't statistically) in the first case with the college kids was the range at which the device was used.

And on the second ... Brooks was out of range even if he was an expert user.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

And on the second ... Brooks was out of range even if he was an expert user.

Agree, but damn hard to judge in a .3 second... In this case guns were not drawn until he grabbed the taser and guns were only fired right after Brooks fired first... Very quick reaction to a threat, so we can tape measure it, but in the end it was action reaction.

In many former like posts on ATS I have argued that the cops were wrong, so I'm not typically on the cops side in these. I was for Brown's case and I have changed in this case from my initial reaction that was a WTF thought to one that the cops were justified.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The Taser 7, which apparently Atlanta bought at the end of last year, has a range of 25 feet. I’d say 18 feet is within that range but my math may be off.

But you’re correct, we’re talking about an action/reaction taking place in well under one second.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I have nothing againsnt good and honest cops.

I have serious trouble with them being able to act outside the scope of the law that the rest of us are subject to. I have a problem with the power of the police "associations" that wield power entirely disproportionate to their function.

I have a problem with a population where there are so many so willing to cede their natural and civil rights for the false sense of "being safe."

But that and $4 will buy you a cuppa.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

He fired 3 rounds, so 3 reactions really.

How come the Police could not have attempted to shoot the legs out from under him?

After all, he was running in the opposite direction.

Instead of that, he chooses to put three rounds into the man's back, and only manages two, lucky nobody was hurt or injured in the SUV that the Police additionally hit eh?

edit on 19-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I used faulty information provided by one of our experts the other day.

IF the Taser in use with APD is the Taser 7:

TASER 7 Cartridges intended for longer range deployments have a 3.5-degree angle and can be effective at 11.5 feet (3.5 meters) or longer engagement ranges. The 3.5-degree cartridges have a gray cartridge body.

The "wire" is 25 ft long. That is not the effective range according to the manufacturer.

All TASER 7 Cartridges have a wire length of 25 feet (7.6 m). Twelve-degree cartridges can be effective in engagement ranges as close as 4 feet (1.22 meters). Twelve-degree cartridges have a black cartridge body.

These devices are designed to be more effective at close range:

CLOSE-RANGE OPTIMIZED

93% increased probe spread at close range, where 85% of deployments occur, according to agency reports.

Source

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I have nothing againsnt good and honest cops.

I have serious trouble with them being able to act outside the scope of the law that the rest of us are subject to. I have a problem with the power of the police "associations" that wield power entirely disproportionate to their function.

I have a problem with a population where there are so many so willing to cede their natural and civil rights for the false sense of "being safe."

But that and $4 will buy you a cuppa.

I'm with you on that.

" being safe" is the invisible killer of freedom. Before I changed my foot note to my CIVID-19 statement it read "So this is how liberty dies . . . with thunderous applause." from Star Wars. The Patriot Act is the best example of loss freedoms for safety...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

How come the Police could not have attempted to shoot the legs out from under him?

After all, he was running in the opposite direction.

Lol really? You never shot a gun have you...

3 round burst is a very typical response and one seen as a normal action and also typically practiced. No one in any profession who uses a gun would shoot once and then look.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

... as our recent failed response to our first global pandemic clearly demonstrates.

We were kept under house arrest for 2 months or so ... MERELY BECAUSE THEY TOLD US TO.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join