It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Companies are dropping big hints about the 'new normal' once coronavirus lockdowns end

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Who has masks?

You still can't find them, and while I see cloth ones on sale online, how long till you get yours shipped to you? Not to mention, I am claustrophobic and one of those things stuck on my face is bad like having a blanket stuck on my face at night. So I can't leave it alone once it's on. I end up touching my face more. Paper ones are bad enough, but I can only imagine how much worse a cloth one would be.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Damn, I never thought of that. I'm going to the shirt shack later and get a couple made.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Who has masks?

You still can't find them, and while I see cloth ones on sale online, how long till you get yours shipped to you? Not to mention, I am claustrophobic and one of those things stuck on my face is bad like having a blanket stuck on my face at night. So I can't leave it alone once it's on. I end up touching my face more. Paper ones are bad enough, but I can only imagine how much worse a cloth one would be.

It's not so bad. Actually I find the paper one more uncomfortable.

I made mine, they are not hard to make and if you use 100% quilting cotton, wash it first, then make one they are no more uncomfortable than the paper ones.

I am using one when I go out. HOWEVER I am also for liberty and not this anti-liberty and anti-humantarian garbage of Governors Cuomo, Whitmer, Newsom, Murphy, Beshear.

I believe in "My Body, My Choice",
you should have the freedom to decide to put a mask on your body or not.
I should have the freedom to put a mask on or not -
every one should have the freedom to choose what to do
with their own body when it comes to personal health choices.

Those who strongly believe in the original meaning
of "My Body, My Choice"
know it means the right and freedom to decide to kill
with 100% absolute certainty a potential human being.

If it is applied equally to all gender and circumstances,
as would be fair and just and give true equality.

Then the gender neutral and non-discriminatory meaning
of "My Body, My Choice"
is that people have the right and freedom to decide to wear a mask or not ,
to stay-at-home or not,
to go to work or not,
to go to a hair salon or not,
to go to a restaurant or not,
which may mean there is a 1% chance,
not certainty, but chance
of accidentally killing another human being.

There is a chance people will accidentally
kill someone driving their car. So will that
be the next reason to withdraw a liberty and freedom
and to limit the movement of the population
so the elite political class has better control over
the ignorant masses for their own good of course?

So you can't stand a mask, I sympathize and will fight for your right not to.

I will wear a mask because that is what I want to do.

That is what freedom and liberty were supposed to be about,
but way too many Americans, especially the elite political class
no longer believe in liberty and freedom.
Too bad Governors Cuomo, Newsom, Whitmer, Beshear, and Murphy
don't believe in liberty or freedom anymore.

edit on 5/12/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gravelbone
Can't wait til they try to mandate orange jumpsuits and laceless slippers to go with our spit masks and social distancing. Before long, they will have stifled enough spirit and personality to break most down into forgetting what personal contact in public was like at all. The bonds of trust between humans is so very important. But, also makes it a target for abuse, as we are seeing here, IMO.
Thoughts anyone? You people cool with this?
I certainly am not.

🤔🤨⁉️⏳

Once you ban people getting within 6 feet of each other it becomes impossible for them to band together to fight tyranny, and oppression.

I have a feeling that most Governors will make this 6 foot "order" a permanent rule for those in their states to keep the ignorant masses from being able to organize against their elite political overlords like Cuomo, Newsom, Whitmer, Bashear and Murphy. The masses are just too plain stupid to handle their own lives, the elite political class knows what is best for everyone and must rule with an iron thumb to protect them from themselves.
edit on 5/12/20 by The2Billies because: format

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

Yep, big brother will having us all wearing masks, staying 6 feet from each other because to know another human on a human level brings about the possibility of discussion, which brings about the possibility of fighting the tyranny of the anti-liberty and anti-humanitarianism of the people who are demanding everyone stay-at-home until their is a vaccine. Which will probably never come, after it is in the family of a cold virus and scientists have worked for decades to no avail to create a vaccine for a cold virus.

You don't have to have a special Trump 2020 mask made if you want one.

You can get a Trump2020 mask
at Amazon, Etsy, and the Trump2020
website.

Just be prepared because liberals and Democrats
feel it is imperative
and just and honorable
to beat the crap out of you if you wear one

I'd suggest you get one made that looks like this
that way you won't get beat up.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Except, at what point does the other human being have a choice in whether or not you kill them?

If it's "my body; my choice" and you grant another person the right to arbitrarily kill that person just because they happen to be occupying the wrong bit of real estate through the choices of one of the two parties involved (the one deciding who lives and dies I might add), then do you really believe in "my body; my choice" for everyone?

I'm not sure.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The point is the liberals believe strongly that a woman has a 100% right to kill another potential human being if it interferes with her right to live her life and do with her body as she chooses.
It is now the law of the land.
Whether I personally believe it or not is another matter, and
in this context does not matter.

What matters is what liberals hold so dear, fairness and equality for all. This is one of their most precious mantra's and one they believe makes them superior and more moral than everyone else.

To have true equality for everyone,
gender must not be discriminated against according to liberals,
therefore, all genders must have the absolute right
to do with their bodies as they wish
even if what they do with their body means
someone else may accidentally die.

This enrages liberals, until I point out that for a pregnant woman she has the absolute right in the US for now, supported by this statement to kill another potential human being if she so wishes. It is "her body, her choice" they march in mass with signs and shouting it to the roof tops.

Liberals say that not wearing a mask might kill another human being, but if a woman can choose to 100% kill a potential human, does not any person have the right to make a choice with their body that has a 1% chance of accidentally killing a human? Do we not have the potential to kill another human by driving a car, by hiring roofers, riding a motorcycle, many things we do in daily life have a chance of potentially killing another human being.

If I believe the original meaning is moot in the point I am making,
because the point is not directed at you
but at readers who believe in the anti-liberty and anti-humanitarian stay-at-home orders.

Most of the anti-liberty stay-at-home warriors are adamant that a XX has the right to with 100% certainty end a potential human life if it interferes with their freedom to do as they wish with their bodies. I am simply making the exact same argument and that enrages them. I have had many an enraged liberal Democrat brought to heels with this comparison and unable to fight the logic.

edit on 5/12/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

Bring on the new normal (and get back to work!). I'm looking at a BMW xM3 and she is looking at me back like a little scamp. My checkbook is willing but touchless delivery is so mid-march.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I don't know about other people, but I have come to fear those three little words: The New Normal (or Norm). It's really starting to freak me out. Every politician when asked about tracking or vaccine or something that we know could not will but COULD (although most likely will) be used to take away certain rights and freedoms they say things like "I can't talk to that but we have to prepare ourselves for a new norm in the coming months that may last a while" it is really starting to worry me.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85
Have you only just started worrying?
Have you seen the very recent thread about the police officer (pending termination) that made a video yet?

edit on 12-5-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I'll be honest it didn't hit me until about a week ago. I don't really get much American news over here Fox News isn't on anymore that was cut a few years back and I just can't stomach much of CNN but I did see the thread about two minutes ago and honestly it didn't surprise me. It gets mentioned so much lately that it really is starting to get me nervous and the people around me are just scoffing at the idea of rights and laws being changed heck one of my friends said "If I'm safe I don't care what laws they want to pass. Inject me, badge me whatever I just don't want to get infected".

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DiddyC

You want ur job back... Come get ur shot.. mmm.

As a graphic designer, I can tell you that a doctor's office document/note and other docs like it can be forged easily.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision
What if it is a company doctor and you have to have it at work?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
I work for a major company in the US that employs 35,000+

About 10% of our associates before covid19 worked from home.

Now, my company after having everyone work from home, will have 30% of our entire staff work from home permanently, and reduce the number of office locations and thus save an enormous amount of money on real estate space.

Our cubes.. when we do return in June/July will be staggered with every other cube empty.

I do too, as a contractor and we have all been working from home since mid-March. We only have information that we will be going back in phases and will likely have high levels of protection such as temp checking, masks, sanitizing frequently, more space between team members, etc.

As of right now we don't have any indication on when this will start though.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Bring on the new normal (and get back to work!). I'm looking at a BMW xM3 and she is looking at me back like a little scamp. My checkbook is willing but touchless delivery is so mid-march.

The used car dealer next door to me has been selling throughout the ban. Today I saw him with a couple standing right next to them talking (he gets far to close for my comfort anyway) with no masks. As we should be able to, I might add. But he's flipping the bird at our governor so more power to him.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: Gravelbone
Can't wait til they try to mandate orange jumpsuits and laceless slippers to go with our spit masks and social distancing. Before long, they will have stifled enough spirit and personality to break most down into forgetting what personal contact in public was like at all. The bonds of trust between humans is so very important. But, also makes it a target for abuse, as we are seeing here, IMO.
Thoughts anyone? You people cool with this?
I certainly am not.

🤔🤨⁉️⏳

Once you ban people getting within 6 feet of each other it becomes impossible for them to band together to fight tyranny, and oppression.

I have a feeling that most Governors will make this 6 foot "order" a permanent rule for those in their states to keep the ignorant masses from being able to organize against their elite political overlords like Cuomo, Newsom, Whitmer, Bashear and Murphy. The masses are just too plain stupid to handle their own lives, the elite political class knows what is best for everyone and must rule with an iron thumb to protect them from themselves.

She can ban all she wants, the few that will obey are lemmings anyway. The rest of us will continue our lives regardless of her rants.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: NightVision
What if it is a company doctor and you have to have it at work?

Mandatory vaccines at work. Seems shady at best. I'd say quit your job and work for yourself. Just my opinion.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Should my employer require a vaccination to continue employment, I will suddenly become self-employed.

Lawn care services here in northern Alabama are a real growth industry by all appearances. I can think of worse jobs...

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I heard that. I won't fault anyone for not being self employed. But I will applaud anyone who decides that's what is best for them.
It's difficult but liberating.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

You should be worried!

This is setting a disturbing precedence that needs quashing before it goes too far.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join