It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Companies are dropping big hints about the 'new normal' once coronavirus lockdowns end

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Liberals say that not wearing a mask might kill another human being, but if a woman can choose to 100% kill a potential human, does not any person have the right to make a choice with their body that has a 1% chance of accidentally killing a human? Do we not have the potential to kill another human by driving a car, by hiring roofers, riding a motorcycle, many things we do in daily life have a chance of potentially killing another human being.

I hadn't thought of this situation in this way and find your argument logical. I think I understand why you use the term "potential human" in reference to an unborn human life and won't go there except to say it weakens your point. Are the unborn a separate human being (potential or otherwise) or merely some tissue in a woman's body? Also, it should be noted that your rights over you own body exclude the use of illegal drugs, certain sex acts and suicide among other things.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

Liberals say that not wearing a mask might kill another human being, but if a woman can choose to 100% kill a potential human, does not any person have the right to make a choice with their body that has a 1% chance of accidentally killing a human? Do we not have the potential to kill another human by driving a car, by hiring roofers, riding a motorcycle, many things we do in daily life have a chance of potentially killing another human being.

I hadn't thought of this situation in this way and find your argument logical. I think I understand why you use the term "potential human" in reference to an unborn human life and won't go there except to say it weakens your point. Are the unborn a separate human being (potential or otherwise) or merely some tissue in a woman's body? Also, it should be noted that your rights over you own body exclude the use of illegal drugs, certain sex acts and suicide among other things.

Please note the same people who believe in a woman's right to kill a potential human being up until after it is born alive and the uterus owner states the fetus can live; also believe strongly that no recreational drugs should be illegal, this is also the very same group that is fighting for the right to kill one self through euthanasia. As far as sex acts go they only draw the line at pedophilia but even that is tenuous with them often supporting famous pedophiles like Roman Polanski.

In all cases every fetus, every fertilized egg is a potential human being. That is an indisputable scientific fact.

Killing a fetus is killing a potential human, if expelled naturally (miscarriage) before viability it will not live and not be human, however it originally had the potential be become human. Once viability occurs, then abortion is killing a human because the fetus can successfully live outside the uterus as a fully functioning human being. Before viability it is a potential human, after viability it is a fully functioning human in the scientific sense. So I don't think potential human weakens the argument, it more accurately describes it as most abortions take place before viability.

I believe all this because it is scientifically true, even if I personally think the legal line should be when the fetus achieves viability and the fetus is healthy. The owner of the uterus can have his/her life saved far faster by c-section after fetal viability, which can take 5 minutes if necessary, than an abortion which takes an hour at a minimum. One can not bring religious morality into the equation with the group who believe in abortion because they think religion is basically an evil institution and old fashioned morality is dangerous and to be shunned if not actually made illegal.

We do many things in life, that have a 1% chance of killing another human or ourselves, and the vast majority of adults engage in them nearly every day.

Now that recent good data shows the actual death rate of COVID 19 is closer to 0.75% of those who catch it (many many will never catch it). There is no reason to keep people locked in their homes and to kill the economy, unless you want the economy killed to do a reset, the people terrified/traumatized and submissive, in order to fundamentally change the foundation of the nation, and change it into the vision of the nation that the same group whose originated the phrase "my body, my choice" want to impose on everyone else.

edit on 5/13/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Thanks for going into more detail in your response. I get what your saying to be sure, if a woman can, because of the right for her to choose to abort another human life (potential or actual) then that right extends to anyone who may catch and potentially spread the virus (that may or may not kill someone) by choosing to ignore the shutdown. My body, my choice.

I see defying lock down and other measures as shooting dice, you pays your money and takes your chances, just like anyone you come into contact with. With abortion rights, an abortion will kill a chosen victim outright and directly.

Perhaps we need a corona virus rights bill with the same or similar mantra, "My body, my choice, your body your choice".
edit on 14-5-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

In all cases every fetus, every fertilized egg is a potential human being. That is an indisputable scientific fact.

No, it isn't, and no, it isn't.

I dispute it.

Human being is not the physical body. We are souls, we are basically 'pure energy', to put it in simplistic terms. Why don't you already know this existential and spiritual fact?

'Scientific fact' sounds a bit dubious in a world, whose so-called 'science' denies so much of existence, reality and even intelligent design of the Universe, which many actual scientists have found undisputable proof of, and have been thus shunned by the academia and not allowed to officially publish their findings.

Science, or what passes off as such in this world, has become a new God that the masses blindly worship. If it has the word 'science' in it, if you attach 'science' to any word, like 'fact', it becomes immediately something everyone must accept WITHOUT QUESTION.

Well, I question.

A fetus is biological, organic mass.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
[

Killing a fetus is killing a potential human,

So is masturbating.

if expelled naturally (miscarriage) before viability it will not live and not be human, however it originally had the potential be become human. Once viability occurs, then abortion is killing a human because the fetus can successfully live outside the uterus as a fully functioning human being. Before viability it is a potential human, after viability it is a fully functioning human in the scientific sense. So I don't think potential human weakens the argument, it more accurately describes it as most abortions take place before viability.

You're asking the wrong question. Who cares if the fetus is "viable".

I care whether the fetus is an entity capable of having human thoughts.

If it has never had a human thought or feeling (such as during the first three weeks) then when you kill it you're committing a crime that has no identifiable victim.

Who have you wronged?

After the 21st week, there is strong evidence of brain activity that would be considered normal for a child that has been born. Clearly if you kill that fetus you are victimizing a person.

In between the 3rd and 21st week, it is unclear whether the brain of the fetus is developed enough that you could rightly call it a "person".

Now that recent good data shows the actual death rate of COVID 19 is closer to 0.75% of those who catch it (many many will never catch it). There is no reason to keep people locked in their homes and to kill the economy, unless you want the economy killed to do a reset, the people terrified/traumatized and submissive, in order to fundamentally change the foundation of the nation, and change it into the vision of the nation that the same group whose originated the phrase "my body, my choice" want to impose on everyone else.

Yeah. 100,000 deaths in a population of 300 million is actually a pretty small death count.

The average yearly death rate in the USA from all causes is 2,813,503 This means that the default probability that any person will die every year (ignoring age) is about 0.86%

www.cdc.gov...

That means corona virus so far has only made you about 4% more likely to die this year than any other. If the trend continues through the rest of the year, it will have increased the odds by a grand total of 8%.

So instead of the default probability being 0.86% this year, it would be closer to 0.89 and a half %

If you were not afraid you would die every day before the virus, then you shouldn't be afraid you will die after it has arrived either.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I should add that the default probability of death for ages 75-84 is 4.72%, and for 85 and up it is 13.57%

A fairly good match to the odds of dying if you actually get Corona, which are about 21% for ages over 80 and 5% for ages over 70.

www.cdc.gov...

The virus is only a very slight change from the normal.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join