It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

99 percent of us won’t die. 100 percent need our next paycheck

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Some of us who can work at home understand that if those who can't don't get back to it, the entire world is going to fall apart pretty soon, and our butts aren't going to have much to do either except worry about where our next meal is coming from.

Most people simply lack the imagination to see how things go beyond their "now".

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Anyway, this is the kind of attitude that reinforces the need for self-defense. As soon as it gets a little tough, some goons are going to scream "It's my life or yours and I want your food and stuff".

If we continue to lock everyone down so the economy dies, society dies with it, and we will, indeed, get to this point, and yeah, sorry to say, but my family does come first. I would love to help people, but my family will always come first in that situation. Their lives even before mine.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, I am quite aware of that. I am not an advocate for mandatory shutdowns and believe they would not have had to be done if they would have simply pushed mask wearing and work from home strategies for those with the ability to.

But wishing death on people who disagree with you and point blank saying "hell with the old people" is bull#it and shows us just how messed up society is.

Normal Libertarian / Conservative types on here are acting like childish screaming Leftest and it isn't a good look.

edit on 3-5-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I talk to my folks on the phone almost every day.

They are well aware of their situation vis a vis the rest of the country.

They plan to keep on isolating like they are, but they think we should all get back at it. The thing about most of the elderly - they have fixed income that comes to them pretty well no matter what.

But ... if we kill off all of society including governmental crash because they keep us inside until the whole thing fails, even those retirees will lose it all and not be able to self-isolate like they have been. Like my parents are planning to do.

So what then?

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They will be opening up most things soon. There is no choice.

The management of it will be key. There will be a ton of young people in the employment market and no shortage of workers.

Most small businesses like restaurants that rely on physical customers are already gone. Most barely were afloat before this started and with half to 3/4 of their customer base not coming back for months, they are done already (Golden Coral, Buffets, etc.) unless they have a lucrative carry-out / delivery base.

www.restaurantbusinessonline.com...

edit on 3-5-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

www.nbcnews.com...

Yous are willing to wear a mask?? Really??
Try again???

And, how many of that 100% are earning a paycheck now? Either because they can work at home or they are classified as essential?
But, it must suck to learn that your not essential to society and have to join the ranks of chimney sweepers. Carriage drivers, textile workers, assembly line workers, ect..

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Isurrender73

www.nbcnews.com...

Yous are willing to wear a mask?? Really??
Try again???

And, how many of that 100% are earning a paycheck now? Either because they can work at home or they are classified as essential?
But, it must suck to learn that your not essential to society and have to join the ranks of chimney sweepers. Carriage drivers, textile workers, assembly line workers, ect..

I am an essential worker and I am required to wear a mask if I want to work. So yes I do and will wear a mask everyday. Because I can’t survive without working. And my job is paranoid of being liable for me catching the virus, or me spreading the virus.

Unless we pass laws that make mask wearing optional workplaces will force people to wear them. Because they can’t afford the lawsuit.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I work from home now & I still visit my friends and family without wearing a mask & still hug & shake hands with them. I only go into stores for necessities & will do business elsewhere if someone points a thermometer at me. One has less than a .5% chance of death from COVID19. The leftist mainstream media has blown this way out of proportion & leftist politicans are using it as an excuse to gain more authoritative power/control. The leftists are destroying our nation. You haven't seen anything yet when it comes to the economy collapsing, real estate prices dropping by at least half & food shortages. The leftists will try to stretch this out for the next 2 to 3 years if they can & definitely past November. If you believe the hype and are afraid, then you're free to keep yourself locked up inside but don't try to force your childish leftist views on others.
edit on 3-5-2020 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: tanstaafl
Masks have an added benefit that most are not thinking of.

And their one detrimental effect - which is why I won't wear one - is they will make the wearer sick.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Oh well, it must be OK then because they killed off a sunstantial portion of the economy and destroyed a bunch of people while they were at it!

Obviously you aren't one of the soon-to-be homeless. I guess I'm glad for you, but it's cold comfort for those who just lost everything.

And I suppose you don't see the ones in the middle, the ones who've been barely hanging on with curbside and takeout, but need to re-open soon and with better than a 10 person capacity or they'll die out too?

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh well, it must be OK then because they killed off a sunstantial portion of the economy and destroyed a bunch of people while they were at it!

Obviously you aren't one of the soon-to-be homeless. I guess I'm glad for you, but it's cold comfort for those who just lost everything.

And I suppose you don't see the ones in the middle, the ones who've been barely hanging on with curbside and takeout, but need to re-open soon and with better than a 10 person capacity or they'll die out too?

I gotta give you props for trying to get through thick skulls, but in their world, they got theirs so screw everyone else, and everyone else better make sure the world burns to a crisp if it means they can keep theirs safely and securely in the short term.

There is something almost sinister about that kind of forced sacrificing. "I deserve to be as minimally impacted as possible, so you can lose everything you have to see to it I retain what I have, worms."

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: tanstaafl

Masks have an added benefit that most are not thinking of. Yes, they greatly reduce the spread of infection for one, mitigating the need for future shut-downs and closures, but they also totally destroy the facial recognition systems that the surveillance state is imposing on us all.

A win / win

I don’t believe they need facial recognition any longer. The signal, the digital net
which is being cast is capable of reading our bioelectric aura. There is no hiding from this,
nor it’s inexorably damaging effects. This is exactly the problem we are responding to
at present. Sorry if this frightens everyone, and I pity the ostriches who calculate
one must be ‘crazy’ for saying as much.

# 1109

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I didn't do any of this.... I had no choice in the matter.

I am just stating facts. This is what happened, is happening, and adapting to the future I see coming.

I would prefer that the Chinese never let this leak out of their lab, would have contained it, or didn't experiment with this crap in the first place but it happened.

I like everyone else wish it had never happened and everything was normal but alas, it did and normal will be different.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You of all people should know the truth of this: tomorrow is never given to us.

Stop jumping at shadows. The best way right now for us to help our fellows is to personally assess our own lives and situations and resume them as we are best able. If you're walking right with Him, then it will be what it will be and He's got your back.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
BRAVO MY FRIEND.... The snowflakes will respond and viice what they think are valid points...for which they have nine...im so friggin tired of the pussifacation of mankind...grow balls and fight the goid fight is my attitude...guys like you make me proud to know im not alone...a reply to: Isurrender73

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You said a mouthful.. The divide and conquer tactic worked. A tactic we have known for years and yet is qas pulled off...America is dine..a reply to: wheresthebody

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
100% of us will die. Everything that is born, also dies.

Birth is the opposite of death.

Having said that, depends on what you mean by 'us' - but it's still never '99 per cent' anything.

Every single human body either has died, or will die at some point. So it's 100%.

If you take the truthful perspective that we are not our bodies, we're only temporarily inhabiting them, then 100% of us will live, and not die, because we're souls, we're energy, and we change forms, but we can never be destroyed.

Life has no opposite, as it is eternal and ever-ongoing (albeit sometimes 'form-changing').

As you can see, there's no "99% scenario" anywhere. Either 100% dies (all human bodies) or 100% will never die (as souls are eternal).

edit on 3-5-2020 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
BRAVO MY FRIEND.... The snowflakes will respond and viice what they think are valid points...for which they have nine...im so friggin tired of the pussifacation of mankind...grow balls and fight the goid fight is my attitude...guys like you make me proud to know im not alone...a reply to: Isurrender73

I guess my biggest question to the president would be.

Are we really at war?

War is won on the front lines and people die in war. There are millions of people ready to go back to work who are willing to take the front lines of this war. And just like in war we can let the fearful and draft doggers stay home. But the rest of us are ready to fight for our way of life. A way of life that used to be the envy of the world.

Now I have to sit back and envy Sweden whose government and people were not afraid to fight for their way of life. While my president tells me how bad Sweden is doing. Death is not the worst thing that can happen to someone. Take a cue from the founding fathers and realize their are millions of us who envy those men and the way of life they dreamed of and the sacrifices they made.

What else would you expect from someone who dodged the draft? We are not like you Mr. Trump and you have no idea what we are capable of. What we need is a strong leader that demands our freedom guaranteed by the constitution be returned to us. Even if it means you may lose the election. Even if it means that some of us who dream will die. We have a dream, let us love our dreams. Isn’t this the land that guarantees the pursuit of happiness to it’s people? That dream has always had risks and always will have risks. Give us the right to take those risks.

The whole idea of essential work is like the draft. Millions of us were drafted into this war and most of us drafted show up to work each day despite the risks. I applaud the warriors in the medical industry as they have taken the brunt of the attack. It’s time to realize that all work is essential to the person doing it, because everyone’s paycheck is essential.

edit on 3-5-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM
I don’t know what your your life story has to do with the OP hold up you lost me. Congrats? I think? Is that what you wanted?
Everyone loves a Cinderella story.

Fear is the mind killer folks.
It’s always MY life over YOUR life it’s always been that way and always will. We put on masks(real and figurative) and tell each other how much we care with hugs and handshakes. At the end of the day however we do what we have to to survive rules/laws/morals aside. Just like how you worked for slave wage at a crap job to scape by right?

Man isn’t inherently good or evil man is a animal and animals try to survive.

Probably went on a bit of a rant to be fair. Happens when you have the benefit of anonymity.

Guess that's what was on my mind at the end of the week as I received company wide recognition at our Friday meeting but the Chief Executive couldn't help but throw in "even if he is a bit rough as guts sometimes" seems my mind hasn't moved past it yet.

Outer representation of my internal class struggle where working class mates and acquaintances think I'm something different now I no longer bust my back for near minimum wage and business toffs think I just walked in out of a public housing tower

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
99 percent of us won’t die. 100 percent need our next paycheck

The 1% that die probably don’t need that paycheck.

But they do need a hospital bed and it’ll be a lot more than 1% if everyone goes out to get their pay checks, in which case they won’t all get hospital beds, so more than 1% will die.

Is your paycheck worth even 1 of those extra deaths?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join