It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolutly stunning 4k color footage of 1901!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Just wait until it displays the full resolution
to see these people from 120 years ago, their emotions, the looks on their faces, etcc, and to see them interacting with each other is absolutly incredible
as one of the commentors has said, swap it to 0.5 speed, to slowly look at them and it is literally like being in a time machine through a glass window watching these people
stunning absolutly stunning

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
When I see films like this, I wonder if anyone in the film is one of my ancestors?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Is that from 1901? With sound?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

And color?
The notes on the youtube page address this.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
When I see films like this, I wonder if anyone in the film is one of my ancestors?

England in 1901. Nope, not one is an ancestor of mine.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon
The "crowd" sound is rather generic and may well have been added by the modern editor.
To me, the costumes are about right- especially the little girls in "pinafore" dresses, like the illustrations in Edith Nesbit's chidren's books.
Nor do we see any anachronistic motor vehicles.

P.S. I've got a feeling that I've seen part of that clip - one camera-gazing boy, anyway- in a television documentary about Edwardian England.

edit on 14-3-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PandaPrincess

Its amazing to me how back in those days you could instanly know someones social class by their hat type.
To look at it now-It almost seems like it was the law to wear a hat,and of the correct type for your class!

Also the way the kids act in front of the camera,like they want to be filmed,but are also a tad nervous about the camera as its something new to them-you can still get that kind of reaction in certain far flung remote places today.Some kids I filmed in a remote village in Nepal were like that,and were amazed when they saw the footage on my DSLR screen-They couldn't believe their faces were not wavy because they had only ever seen their own reflections in a lake,and figured they looked wavy in real life!

Wouldn't it be cool to be able to take some of todays technology back to 1901 and show the folks there what our life is like today?
Imagine rolling up in a nice audi and showing them an iphone or laptop-their minds would be blown I bet.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Crazy how we are still similar, in one way. The children seem curious and fascinated by the camera, it appears, but a lot of the adults look suspicious. (regarding something new, they may never seen before)

Very cool to see film from that era, thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Cameras will capture your soul.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse
Those hat-wearing conventions didn't really start to disappear until around 1960.
The intro on this clip is from a 60's television comedy;

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
That year
The Boer War was still raging
Aston Villa were reigning football champions and Liverpool would go on to claim the title from them.
Queen Victoria died
Winston Churchill made his first ever speech in the House of Commons
British manufacturing was booming
The British Congress on Tuberculosis was formed to study the human and animal transmission of the disease
Fingerprint technology waas expanding at Scotland Yard
Scott made his first trip to Antarctica on the ship Discovery
Marconi would recieve the first transatlatic signal

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I love watching this! Stunning indeed!

But the first video was invented around 1910-1918.. how can it be from 1901??

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Goedhardt

"Video." Heh.

www.britannica.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Goedhardt

"Video." Heh.

www.britannica.com...

Thanks! I stand corrected! This is a good read!
Thanks again!

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
You know that person must have meant 'film' but the question still remains..is it real? Boys wearing adult sized men's shoes, threadbare knees, the ill fitting filthy suit jackets? Hats essential as defined ones class (keep the peace). The world was a different place and we are so much better off now.

edit on 14-3-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
its so strange, they seem fascinated by the camera, like its a celebrity or something or a king, watching them, or an amazing rare animal in a zoo that they're looking at

NOPE, just a load of lunatics from the future trying to imagine what the world was like back then

Imagine looking into a camera now, and trying to image what the world is like behind the person watching you

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
heres one which is so crystal clear and sharp
its in black and white but it is so goregously clear

obviously sound is generic

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This is awesome! Some of those kids look pretty bad. Evil little #ers lol. The one kid in the middle looks like Golem whos going to suck away the souls of other kids who dare take away his precious!

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

At 4:23 one of the workers tells the cameraman to fk off lol.

A different world but some things never change. Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Mabel looks Good in Color too............

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join