It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Cancelled Due to CoronaVirus. Lack of Faith -or- Exercising Common Sense?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There's an old Arab proverb

Trust in God, but tie your camel

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: orionthehunter
I'm divided over staying home instead of going to church. I mean it was someone at church and the stupid hand shaking that gave me a cold a few weeks ago near Charlotte shortly after people from China got secondary flights connecting to Charlotte after they got off their flights from China. It seems not nice to not share friendly gestures or germs with everyone else that likes to shake hands and get me sick every other weekend. They announced not to shake hands at the church I attend in South Carolina a few weeks ago. I'm traveling most weekends to finish moving.

It may have backfired though. If I got infected with the mild strain, I might have given partial immunity to people in 2 states a few weeks ago and no one will ever know. Could be tens of thousands with partial immunity now. No fever with my cold. I will never know unless I'm on a cruise ship where they test everyone or they can tell if you ever had it and recovered already. Over 300 out of 600 infected had no symptoms on board a ship but for weeks, they only test people with fevers etc etc and require a doctor's order and think that stops the spread. I think I will stay home from church this weekend. Maybe go to Walmart where there were hundreds of people tonight. I was wondering if they had toilet paper or other cleaning supplies. They did last weekend.

Church is usually always full of sick people. It's one of the places sick people feel like they have to go whether they have a cold, fever, or corona virus. One thing has changed. Now they aren't shaking hands at the church in South Carolina. I have no idea about the churches in NC. That's where I caught a cold a few weeks ago that seemed to spread to everyone else I've been near.

That is strange. It sounds like your part of South Carolina is a HOT BED of CoronaVirus activity.

The Senior Age members at your church should stay home until the danger from Covid-19 has passed.

99% of Non-Elderly who contract CoronaVirus are not even being hospitalized, because the symptoms are so mild.

But still, if you're not willing to take on that small risk, it's best to stay home. The precaution is only during a tiny slice of your lifespan.
edit on 3/14/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Remind about what Jesus said when Satan tempted him to throw himself off the temple pinnacle because God would save Him.

This is the same idea. Sure, God will protect, but not if we don't use the wits He gave us.

Right. I tried to tell my Father-In-Law that Insulin would keep him alive. Instead, he trusted God and died in his bed, while we watched.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
I think it’s exercising common sense & showing love for your brothers & sisters in the community.

All kinds of temporary changes in our parish for the mass right now:
- Holy water fonts are drained
- No shaking hands during the sign of peace
- We’re not offering the chalice during communion
- All social activities cancelled; only sacramental services at this time.

It's amazing how every aspect of our country and U.S. society is preparing for the predicted "CoronaVirus Wave", as it's being dubbed.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
Jesus refuses to throw himself off tall building.....
Lack of faith, or common sense??

Didn't he jump out of a boat and start walking on water? That was faith. More than I have.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Common sense.

They'll send you a bill for the tithe.

If the church is not accepting tithes online, most members will just mail it in.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I always think of Michaelangelo's "Creation of Adam" on the ceiling of the Cistine Chapel in multiple ways. When I look at that painting, I always think that it sort of depicts the idea that we need to meet God halfway. When we reach out and upward, He reaches in and downward.
edit on 14-3-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
I guess you missed that thing about being cursed in the physical form, while being tied to the natural and physical world, until our spirit is freed.

You mean from eating too much and working out too little? Yeah...it will be nice to be spiritually "freed".

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I don't particularly think its much to worry about as long as proper medical health care is available to people who require assistance aka the elderly, infirm, and immunocompromised.

The Spanish flu killed between 50-150 million people back in 1918-1920.

So its not like something like this could not have been predicted.

I just hope everyone stays safe and makes it through as best they can until the thing runs its course without to much collateral madness making an appearance.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
God..aka. the powers that be..aka..whatever you want to call it..

Did not give us this thing on top our shoulders and the grey thingy between our ears just so we would have a place to put our hat!!

Why on God's green earth would God not want us to have enough sense to take care of our selves.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

There's an old Arab proverb

Trust in God, but tie your camel

That's what the Chicago Catholic Cardinal Bishop said tonight. He's cancelling all Chicago church services.

Tie the Camel: www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I see you pointing.

Shouldn't the creator I believe in protect me from corona! My God must not be real! The Bible must be false!

Yet I'm still here without corona.

Don't try to test The Lord your God! You want him to perform tricks on your commands like him being your dog, don't you!

When I ride my bike and fall off I hurt my face, just like you but you will say people falling off of bikes don't always hurt their face.

You're so deluded about God you think we aren't living in the world anymore.
edit on 14-3-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Sunday is big kahuna’s day off anyway.
No sweat.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust Common sense would be to assess the situation yourself,just because the media creates a panic all the sheep react in a Knee jerk reaction,I'm amazed at all the ignorant peoples reactions we are Fing doomed

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: neutronflux
I guess you missed that thing about being cursed in the physical form, while being tied to the natural and physical world, until our spirit is freed.

You mean from eating too much and working out too little? Yeah...it will be nice to be spiritually "freed".

Or just finding the time for a good old hike through the forest can be a struggle.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I hope God makes certain people answer to him for intentionally creating panic in the USA, over a virus that has killed less than 60 people in 2 months.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I’m going with common sense for a $100 please.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Liquesence
I've belonged to "faith healing" congregations. While there are plenty of embedded scammers, the church-goers with strong belief/faith systems are healthier than the average population. The human mind is very powerful.

This all is easy to answer...

Would you sit in a empty field and say God give me food? You can do that and starve...

If you get sick would you turn down a life saving ventilator and say God cure me! You could easy die...

The old saying God helps those who help themselves is not just talking about food...lol

So god doesn't do miracles. Then why call him god. He can't even stop a simple virus, our human doctors have to do that. Guess hospitals are going to do his job for him, and people wonder why faith is being questioned.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

So god doesn't do miracles. Then why call him god. He can't even stop a simple virus, our human doctors have to do that. Guess hospitals are going to do his job for him, and people wonder why faith is being questioned.

People with faith don't wonder why...geez It is funny how bothsides of the argument between the religious and the atheists they both see God as someone that does magic tricks with a wand or something..lol

Religious: God waved his magic wand and man was here...
Atheists: Why doesn't God wave his magic wand and cure cancer?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I just checked online. There are still no known cases in the 2 small cities I've been traveling back and forth to for the past 2 years. My little cold a few weeks ago might have really been just a little cold. I had a very mild cold a few weeks ago after shaking hands in a Charlotte area church. The small town I was referring to is 35 minutes east of Charlotte.

I think my allergies are starting up now. However I read the bishop of South Carolina and NC have issued dispensations if you are sick or are uncomfortable with attending. Since I'm not 100% sure it's allergies, I decided to stay home to prevent possible spread to some old people at church. I feel confident an Asian American family whose kids always have colds will be attending. They often sit near me. I don't see how they can maintain a six foot separation unless they block off every two pews and keep people from congregating and stop communion too. I have a slight scratchy feeling in my throat since my trip to Walmart. My body is either reacting to allergies in the rain or something else. I was uncomfortable before but officials were saying if you don't have a fever, you don't have it. I was like ok, I'm not sick so I won't change anything. I thought that might not be true but officials weren't testing anyone without a fever and knew someone who traveled to China. I think that is changing. The biggest fear is protecting the elderly and keeping the hospital system working. It's not protecting people who feel fine or have a little cold. I want my mother to stay well. She's doing much better now. I want the hospital system to keep functioning. I want 911 to work fast if people need it. I don't want to hear, please hold. Please hold.

As far as God allowing this or that, in my opinion God and Satan had an argument. Satan was given dominion over the Earth for a set time to prove Satan's way worked. If you think everything on this Earth is working fine, then you might agree Satan's way works fine. If you think there are serious issues, then you might agree God has a better way. God isn't going to interfere in my opinion except in special cases when asked. If God interfered too much, Satan could argue his or her way works fine. If you heard this is a fallen world, then I think that statement agrees this world is under Satan's dominion. If you are religious and doubt that Satan controls the kingdoms of this world, then you forgot that Satan offered Jesus the kingdoms of the Earth as a bribe if he would break his fast. Satan could not do that unless kingdoms or empires, or countries were under Satan's authority.

I'm not worried about my health too much. I am staying home away from church to help prevent possible spread. I could have been a super spreader of the very mild strain without knowing it a few weeks ago. Officials have said for weeks if no fever and don't know anyone who went to China, you don't have it. If officials think they should cancel the ACC tournament which has a lot of young college students who are at low risk, why should people be going to church in close quarters?
edit on 14/3/20 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/3/20 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join