It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Cancelled Due to CoronaVirus. Lack of Faith -or- Exercising Common Sense?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
I've belonged to "faith healing" congregations. While there are plenty of embedded scammers, the church-goers with strong belief/faith systems are healthier than the average population. The human mind is very powerful.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You may as well say that if someone does not practice snake handling, they aren't practicing their faith in God then, right?

Sure God protects us, but that doesn't give us license to be stupid.

Interestingly, there are parts of the Bible that even the Snake Handlers use to support their belief.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: carewemust

I am not a spokesman for God, but just guessing here. . . . . I think he'd be cool with no church for a while.

Another voice of reason, forgiveness and understanding.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

True. It always makes me cringe to hear hateful faithless comments by people when a church burns down or some other catastrophic event like a hurricane or tornado destroys it.

I notice how the Mainstream Media gives 10 times more coverage to Jewish church shootings, than to Christian church shootings.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

People who abuse their faith by redefining everything they over zealously think will be done for them have forgotten that we were put here to endure the valley of thorns we live in, including living with pain and sorrows.

So when someone tries to ridicule faith in God by picking this story about churches closing with the "lack of faith" being highlighted as a possible reason for the closures, exposes anyone saying this as a fool.

Your post reminds me of the character JOB in the Bible. He got really mad because God put boils on him, or something like that. God was just testing his faith.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: carewemust
Friday, March 13, 2020

Just received a message from Church that it's cancelling "in attendance" service this coming Sunday, due to CoronaVirus-19.

Instead, the Pastor and Choir will be there, along with a cameraman/tech guy to Stream the service live via the Internet.

Does this represent a lack of FAITH in God protecting his faithful, as promised in the Bible?

Or, is it exercising good common sense, since a lot of Senior Citizens are among the 1,200 members? (Seniors are most at-risk from Covid-19)

I don't know how collection of Tithes and Offerings ($$$) will work. Maybe that capability will be online too.

-CareWeMust

Church is not necessary to show faith.

No doubt. It's more a place to learn and feel kinship.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Oh I know, but I prefer not to test God overmuch. I believe he'll watch over me when I'm in situations I could not avoid being in, but for me to deliberately put myself in harm's way expecting him to save me is just pride on my part. I may get saved, but not in the earthly way I'm expecting.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Liquesence
I've belonged to "faith healing" congregations. While there are plenty of embedded scammers, the church-goers with strong belief/faith systems are healthier than the average population. The human mind is very powerful.

This all is easy to answer...

Would you sit in a empty field and say God give me food? You can do that and starve...

If you get sick would you turn down a life saving ventilator and say God cure me! You could easy die...

The old saying God helps those who help themselves is not just talking about food...lol

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Massive rooms, full of people sitting or standing elbow to elbow, singing and/or chanting at the top of there lungs in rhythm.

What could possibly go wrong there???

Nature gave us Coronavirus, God won't save you, but simple common sense and precautions might.

You're in good company. 100% of the posts/members I've read (so far) in this thread agree with you.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

God is awesome, his PR firm could use some work.

We human beings screw up everything we touch including the pure water of faith.

It's part of our charm I'm told that we can just mess everything up like that.

Wasn't like that before Eve gave into Satan.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That ties in with the scripture that says "faith without works is dead".

To me that means you can have all the faith in the world that God is going to get you your dream job. You can pray everyday for that dream job. But, if you don't get up off your @$$ and look for that job proactively, that faith is dead.

Nobody is going to knock on your front door while you're sitting on the couch playing video games and offer you your dream job, no matter how much faith you have. But, if you're doing all you can to help yourself get there, sometimes everything just starts falling into place. Imagine that.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

So why does everyone assume that if you want to get closer to God, you find a church with people in it?

Here ya go..

These four indelible qualities of the church of Christ subsist fully (and fully only) within the Catholic Church which continues to carry out its divinely appointed mission to be the sacrament of salvation for the world.

www.nwcatholic.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

We human beings screw up everything we touch including the pure water of faith.

It's part of our charm I'm told that we can just mess everything up like that.

Wasn't like that before Eve gave into Satan.

The risks God took giving man free will. If you want us to choose to do right, then you have to let us also be free to choose to do wrong. And Eve chose to do wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
sometimes everything just starts falling into place. Imagine that.

Is it funny how things sometimes fall in to place? You get that just right interview...BUT you busted your ass for years to get into the position for that interview.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

The risks God took giving man free will. If you want us to choose to do right, then you have to let us also be free to choose to do wrong. And Eve chose to do wrong.

Actually I have a different opinion of Adam and Eve. I think it is a metaphor of when man no longer was an animal and gained self awareness. Along with that man gained the power of good and evil which does not really exist in the animal world. It is interesting how the first thing they did was hide their nakedness, something an animal would not do. And the apple was the forbidden fruit of knowledge, bite the apple no longer an animal... hmmm

edit on 14-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   

People always find strength in crowds of others who are like minded. Church is supposed to offer that community support. It's for extroverted Christians. It's also good if you are having trouble understanding things about your faith. You can presumably find answers.

Most people don't go off to find God in that way because they aren't trying to be prophets are dedicated holy folk.

The Baptist Church I grew up in (to age 18) was a family. Roughly 500 members. Everyone knew each other. Helping those who had needs. Lots of "closet" smoking, drinking, too. Pastor was married, but gave in to multiple "temptations". In hindsight, it was fun compared to where we attend now. (snore....)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
dang....something bigger is up....I swear

but tithing is not Biblical ....

You sure? Oh well...whatever its called, we give money to the church.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah but
It kind of boarders on animism and that’s not christianity
God is in heaven
Jesus is pure man and pure God, with God
The Spirit dwells in christians and the church and calls people, nowhere does the Spirit dwell in rocks and trees as described in Thomas

I am not a pagan so can’t really comment on paganism and the Gospel of Thomas, very gnostic
Just trying to explain why Thomas was not made canon

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
dang....something bigger is up....I swear

but tithing is not Biblical ....

You sure? Oh well...whatever its called, we give money to the church.

Tithing was a Jewish legal requirement of the Hebrew religion
Christians give from love not from law
Saved by grace not religion

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

So are you saying christians are not human and don’t get sick?
That people who go to church are always healthy?

I am a little perplexed here
What is your point
People who believe in Jesus don’t die?

You know the bible is a spiritual book, Christians get sick and die like other people, Christians are other people

This is just a crazy thread

Within the U.S. population, regular church goers are, overall, healthier than non-church-goers. It's been that way for a long time.

One of many sources: aleteia.org...

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join