It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Cancelled Due to CoronaVirus. Lack of Faith -or- Exercising Common Sense?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Yeah it's really sad what sleazeballs will do to take advantage of people, especially supposedly in the name of god.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: carewemust
Friday, March 13, 2020

Just received a message from Church that it's cancelling "in attendance" service this coming Sunday, due to CoronaVirus-19.

Instead, the Pastor and Choir will be there, along with a cameraman/tech guy to Stream the service live via the Internet.

Does this represent a lack of FAITH in God protecting his faithful, as promised in the Bible?

Or, is it exercising good common sense, since a lot of Senior Citizens are among the 1,200 members? (Seniors are most at-risk from Covid-19)

I don't know how collection of Tithes and Offerings ($$$) will work. Maybe that capability will be online too.

-CareWeMust

Church is not necessary to show faith.

And a church is wherever people gather in His name too. A gathering can be as few as two. The priest and the cameraman make it a gathering. If you are not alone in your house ... you are gathered. You can gather online via video conference with others, and you are connected, however tenuously with your priest and even that cameraman.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Sure God protects us, but that doesn't give us license to be stupid.

Matthew 4:5-7

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’”

7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Massive rooms, full of people sitting or standing elbow to elbow, singing and/or chanting at the top of there lungs in rhythm.

What could possibly go wrong there???

Nature gave us Coronavirus, God won't save you, but simple common sense and precautions might.
edit on 13-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Church is where ever 2 or more meet in the name of Christ.

As opposed to Jesus, I assume...

Jesus said: I am the light that is above them all. I am the all; the all came forth from me, and the all attained to me. Cleave a piece of wood; I am there. Raise up a stone, and you will find me there.

If I was a Christian, that would make more sense to me.

From the outside looking in, it seems that churches have done nothing but pervert Christianity.

Or to just put out the bumper sticker version...

"I love God. His fan club? Not so much."

edit on 13-3-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

God is awesome, his PR firm could use some work.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We human beings screw up everything we touch including the pure water of faith.

It's part of our charm I'm told that we can just mess everything up like that.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

From the outside looking in, it seems that churches have done nothing but pervert Christianity.

Ding ding ding!

A lot of good churches (usually the small ones).

A lot of bad churches (usually the very large ones).

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

As a pagan/heathen, I think the IDEA of Christianity is one of my favorite religions I do not follow.

I've always wondered though...

All the big actors and support staff in the Bible went AWAY from everyone to find God.

40 days, 40 months, wandering around for 40 years, sitting outside the city in sackcloth and ashes..

Even Jesus did his walkabout.

So why does everyone assume that if you want to get closer to God, you find a church with people in it?

It's confusing to me.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Ding ding ding!

I think that's a given with almost any institution of humanity. While it's a small group, it can be kept relatively good, but the more people you add, the more power it accrues, and power has a bad way of attracting the worst people no matter what we're talking about in human society.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Because that is the surest way to find god. Then man figured out they could use it to pervert and control the message to the people for power...and money.

Multimillionaire pastors of megachurches disgust me.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Ding ding ding!

I think that's a given with almost any institution of humanity. While it's a small group, it can be kept relatively good, but the more people you add, the more power it accrues, and power has a bad way of attracting the worst people no matter what we're talking about in human society.

Agreed, which goes with my response to Luminari above.

I grew up in church. And from a very early age, I always felt it was BS.
edit on 13-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

People always find strength in crowds of others who are like minded. Church is supposed to offer that community support. It's for extroverted Christians. It's also good if you are having trouble understanding things about your faith. You can presumably find answers.

Most people don't go off to find God in that way because they aren't trying to be prophets are dedicated holy folk.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I've a pretty convoluted religious history.

But what it comes down to is this.

Last time I went hunting and shot something?

I apologized to it and asked forgiveness.

All I'm gonna say on the subject.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Because that is the surest way to find god. Then man figured out they could use it to pervert and control the message to the people for power...and money.

Multimillionaire pastors of megachurches disgust me.

I love it when you and I agree on something.

If you want a relationship with God, do that.

You don't need to pay a translator to do that.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I've a pretty convoluted religious history.

But what it comes down to is this.

Last time I went hunting and shot something?

I apologized to it and asked forgiveness.

All I'm gonna say on the subject.

I thank it for it's sacrifice, that it may become a part of me and when I die, become part of the same thread in the Tapestry.

I think sport hunters should have to sport hunt themselves instead.

It would even the odds.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

People always find strength in crowds of others who are like minded. Church is supposed to offer that community support. It's for extroverted Christians. It's also good if you are having trouble understanding things about your faith. You can presumably find answers.

Most people don't go off to find God in that way because they aren't trying to be prophets are dedicated holy folk.

So they don't want a relationship with God...

They want other people to tell them that they have one.

Fair enough.

People are stupid.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You are correct my friend.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Jesus said: I am the light that is above them all. I am the all; the all came forth from me, and the all attained to me. Cleave a piece of wood; I am there. Raise up a stone, and you will find me there.

It is the imperfections of humanity that nailed Christ to the Cross. Churches perverting Christianity will go through a separation of wheat and chaff.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

It is the imperfections of humanity that nailed Christ to the Cross. Churches perverting Christianity will go through a separation of wheat and chaff.

Or you could just understand that you are a part of God and God is a part of you...

All a church does is act as an intermediary in a relationship that should be one on one.

You don't need someone as a buffer between you and your wife... you don't need a support group for your marriage.

Churches don't make any sense to me.

~shrug~

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join