It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 211
<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I’m hearing from a few people and one in particular directly that in SC they are separating the young children (in this particular case a two month old baby) from the parents and quarantining the parents for two weeks. They are keeping the child at the hospital. This breaks my heart absolutely, I was holding it together pretty well prior to hearing this but now not so much. I can’t even imagine being apart from my sick child. This fills me with dread.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Speaking to lawmakers on Monday, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said postponing the 2020 Summer Olympics is a possibility. This is the first time Abe has changed his staunch public position that the Olympics will start July 24 as scheduled. In recent days, a growing number of countries and athletes have called for the games to be postponed, while Canada said today it will not send any teams. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) responded Sunday, saying a final decision on postponement will be made within four weeks, due to the vast complexities of rescheduling a massive global sporting event like the Olympics. “The IOC’s decision is along the lines of what I said before, of holding the event in its complete form. If that becomes difficult -- and thinking first about the health of the athletes -- we may have no option but to consider postponing the Games," Abe said, speaking at the budget committee in Japan’s upper house of parliament.

For the first time, Japan's Prime Minister says postponing the Olympics is a possibility

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Three weeks after its first coronavirus infection was discovered, the New York City region reached an alarming milestone on Sunday: It now accounts for roughly 5 percent of the world’s confirmed cases, making it an epicenter of the global pandemic and increasing pressure on officials to take more drastic measures. Moving to stem the crisis on multiple fronts, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo of New York pleaded with federal officials to nationalize the manufacturing of medical supplies and ordered New York City to crack down on people congregating in public. He suggested some streets could be closed, allowing pedestrians more space.

Coronavirus in N.Y.C.: Region Is Now an Epicenter of Global Pandemic

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

Speaking to lawmakers on Monday, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said postponing the 2020 Summer Olympics is a possibility. This is the first time Abe has changed his staunch public position that the Olympics will start July 24 as scheduled. In recent days, a growing number of countries and athletes have called for the games to be postponed, while Canada said today it will not send any teams. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) responded Sunday, saying a final decision on postponement will be made within four weeks, due to the vast complexities of rescheduling a massive global sporting event like the Olympics. “The IOC’s decision is along the lines of what I said before, of holding the event in its complete form. If that becomes difficult -- and thinking first about the health of the athletes -- we may have no option but to consider postponing the Games," Abe said, speaking at the budget committee in Japan’s upper house of parliament.

For the first time, Japan's Prime Minister says postponing the Olympics is a possibility

I mentioned earlier he is setting up to where Japan saves face, which is OK. Its a delicate situation just to come out and say "its over", but the fact of it is, the people participating can't go to their training centers.
So, in fact, once that was public, most people knew it was going to not fly. But we all have hope.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

I have been following this since the onset, and reading between the lines about a million people in Wuhan copped it .That would be about right with regards to the Italian numbers. I think to get vids pulled from U Tube has to have been done with the agreement of the Western Governments. As far as the mask goes I think it gives you a one in five times chance of not getting it from air. With regards to Planes coming into Heathrow from Iran Italy China, it just doesn't matter anymore they are literally #ed. The time to act was months ago.
So who benefits ? their already was a financial crisis, the big players were not getting much interest on their cash because world trade was collapsing anyway. New Zealand was asked how they were going to pay for the lockdown, the Reserve Bank said they would borrow the money. So whoever lends countries this amount of money is going to benefit during a Pandemic and a financial crisis.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Update for Argentinians , From Guardian Live Feed at 2.33am :

Argentina has announced a fixed sum for self-employed and independent workers who are being left without their livelihood because of the country’s general lockdown to halt the spread of coronavirus. Some four million people are estimated to be eligible for the benefit. They include hairdressers, restaurant workers, construction workers and domestic employees. Argentina’s population is 45 million.

Link

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Then here is this opinion.

Michael Levitt, a Nobel laureate and Stanford biophysicist, began analyzing the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide in January and correctly calculated that China would get through the worst of its coronavirus outbreak long before many health experts had predicted. Now he foresees a similar outcome in the United States and the rest of the world. While many epidemiologists are warning of months, or even years, of massive social disruption and millions of deaths, Levitt says the data simply don't support such a dire scenario — especially in areas where reasonable social distancing measures are in place. "What we need is to control the panic," he said. In the grand scheme, "we're going to be fine."

Why this Nobel laureate predicts a quicker coronavirus recovery: 'We're going to be fine'

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

I have been following this since the onset, and reading between the lines about a million people in Wuhan copped it .That would be about right with regards to the Italian numbers. I think to get vids pulled from U Tube has to have been done with the agreement of the Western Governments. As far as the mask goes I think it gives you a one in five times chance of not getting it from air. With regards to Planes coming into Heathrow from Iran Italy China, it just doesn't matter anymore they are literally #ed. The time to act was months ago.
So who benefits ? their already was a financial crisis, the big players were not getting much interest on their cash because world trade was collapsing anyway. New Zealand was asked how they were going to pay for the lockdown, the Reserve Bank said they would borrow the money. So whoever lends countries this amount of money is going to benefit during a Pandemic and a financial crisis.

Central Banks and IMF etc should be footing the Bill, but 'Magic Money' will probably prevail.

The Economics for this will have to be sorted after this is over, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Wait till all my awesome non gmo friends realize they have to buy their # from somewhere

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Michael Levitt, a Nobel laureate and Stanford biophysicist, began analyzing the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide in January and correctly calculated that China would get through the worst of its coronavirus outbreak long before many health experts had predicted. Now he foresees a similar outcome in the United States and the rest of the world. While many epidemiologists are warning of months, or even years, of massive social disruption and millions of deaths, Levitt says the data simply don't support such a dire scenario — especially in areas where reasonable social distancing measures are in place. "What we need is to control the panic," he said. In the grand scheme, "we're going to be fine."

Why this Nobel laureate predicts a quicker coronavirus recovery: 'We're going to be fine'

Social Distancing Measures can be put in place, but people have to abide by them.
THAT is the problem.

US pop is most likely NOT going to abide, UK neither.
It may be too late for them anyway.
Time will tell.
edit on 22-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: ba

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

I have two daughters: a six-month-old and eight-year-old . In quiet moments, nightmare scenarios like this pry into my imagination. Horrific.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Hyperinflation is a term to describe rapid, excessive, and out-of-control price increases in an economy. Hyperinflation can occur in times of war and economic turmoil followed by a central bank printing an excessive amount of money.

I am not sure how much longer the zimbabwenese, economy will hold, with these currency games that hold no value.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
From Guardian Live Feed at 2.43am :

Over to Hong Kong now, where authorities are searching for 36 people who have skipped out on mandatory home quarantine.

Link

edit : I have to try and sleep now.
edit on 22-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: me sleep

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

It will only work if an infected person does not enter a no go zone. Other then that, we'll just have to live with situation that there will always be a crazy person wanting to do that. That's the reality of it at present.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I concluded that as well, and I don’t have a mask. I also still have to work 🤷‍♂️

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So the UN should be shutting this down Still waiting

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Simon Kavanagh never thought he’d be so happy to go to work. The investment banker rode the elevator to the 20th floor of his office on Queen’s Road Central in Hong Kong recently after spending a couple of weeks cooped up in his apartment as the coronavirus raged across Asia. Working from home is nice for a few days, “but for week-long periods when you live in very small Hong Kong apartments it quickly loses its novelty,” said Kavanagh, a managing director at BDA Partners. “Returning to the office indicated a return to normalcy.” Kavanagh is among a growing cadre of bankers and other office workers slowly returning to work in Hong Kong and across greater China following a stretch when new virus cases slowed. While most offices aren’t 100% staffed -- some are still rotating at home -- the gradual return to normal offers some comfort for workers in Europe and North America who are just starting to see their lives turned upside down by the virus.

Normalcy returning to Asia. Hoping this is our near future.

As Wall Street Empties, Asia’s Bankers Slowly Head to Work

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So here in New Zealand we have just reached 100 cases, the government has given us 48 hours to prepare before going into a 1 month lock down nationwide. Only essential services to remain open and everyone has to self isolate.

Stay safe everyone

NZ herald update

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Three weeks after its first coronavirus infection was discovered, the New York City region reached an alarming milestone on Sunday: It now accounts for roughly 5 percent of the world’s confirmed cases, making it an epicenter of the global pandemic and increasing pressure on officials to take more drastic measures. Moving to stem the crisis on multiple fronts, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo of New York pleaded with federal officials to nationalize the manufacturing of medical supplies and ordered New York City to crack down on people congregating in public. He suggested some streets could be closed, allowing pedestrians more space.

Coronavirus in N.Y.C.: Region Is Now an Epicenter of Global Pandemic

Actually, just looking at the numbers said that a few days ago. It's out of control there... and NYC has ties to everywhere in the country.

top topics

<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join