It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 212
<< 209  210  211    213  214  215 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Stay Safe, ATSers.....
and PLEASE READ THIS!
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES!!!
...not chit chat, SOAP BOX speeches, recipes, political trolling,class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Not sure if anyone has posted these - too many to catch up.

These might be close to what you are looking for:

Bali

New York

These come close to fitting the bill. The poor girl in New York was at home, but I'm pretty sure it counts as just collapsing.

Scary #.

Meanwhile in Australia, the government is trying to put a saddle on the virus instead of trying to get out in front of it.

At least they've finally closed a lot of things (gyms, restaurants, cafes etc.) as of today, but still persisting with the cries of "the schools must remain open". Apparently they think there is no worldwide evidence of children being spreaders of this disease... pretty damn sure I've seen a number of articles over the last few months that argue exactly the opposite, but hey - the government think they know best (even though we all know they don't...).

Most of you guys are ahead of us numbers wise, but I think we're determined to catch up.

I hope the local government comes to their senses and just shuts everything down, but I'm not holding out hope.

Good luck to you and yours and Godspeed everyone.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I know your field of expertise is in a different area, but I also think it relevant in helping to asses the societal outcomes we could be looking at if this virus does us humans bad as it seems to be capable of.

I'm glad to see you posting, we're Texas neighbors,I believe, and I know you're one smart cookie with credentials.

What's your take on everything, if you don't mind my asking?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

originally posted by: Bicent
Then here is this opinion.

Michael Levitt, a Nobel laureate and Stanford biophysicist, began analyzing the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide in January and correctly calculated that China would get through the worst of its coronavirus outbreak long before many health experts had predicted. Now he foresees a similar outcome in the United States and the rest of the world. While many epidemiologists are warning of months, or even years, of massive social disruption and millions of deaths, Levitt says the data simply don't support such a dire scenario — especially in areas where reasonable social distancing measures are in place. "What we need is to control the panic," he said. In the grand scheme, "we're going to be fine."

Why this Nobel laureate predicts a quicker coronavirus recovery: 'We're going to be fine'

Social Distancing Measures can be put in place, but people have to abide by them.
THAT is the problem.

US pop is most likely NOT going to abide, UK neither.
It may be too late for them anyway.
Time will tell.

Australians won't either, apparently in Brazil the cops used low flying helicopters to scare the locals off the beaches

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

This tool is built to enable political leaders to quickly make decisions in their Coronavirus response informed by best available data and modeling.

Here are the questions we built this tool to answer:

What will the impact be in my region be and when can I expect it?

How long until my hospital system is under severe pressure?

What are my menu of interventions, and how will they address the spread of Coronavirus?

covidactnow.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leighthall
Most of you guys are ahead of us numbers wise, but I think we're determined to catch up.

You gotta understand us Aussies are a competitive bunch, waking up every morning to check the latest confirmed cases around the World...it's a bit like looking at the medal tallies during the Olympics, but gotta keep reminding ourselves, LESS IS BETTER in this case damnit!

edit on 22/3/20 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

TORONTO (March 22, 2020) – The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) and Canadian Paralympic Committee (CPC), backed by their Athletes’ Commissions, National Sports Organizations and the Government of Canada, have made the difficult decision to not send Canadian teams to the Olympic and Paralympic Games in the summer of 2020. The COC and CPC urgently call on the International Olympic Committee (IOC), and the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to postpone the Games for one year and we offer them our full support in helping navigate all the complexities that rescheduling the Games will bring. While we recognize the inherent complexities around a postponement, nothing is more important than the health and safety of our athletes and the world community.

Now time to put this in context. This is a very Big announcement. I understand there are people we know, and there are people on this forum, who will deny, the complex intricacies involved in the severity of our current present reality on this planet as humans. What ever the case may be, they lack the intellect or are not stable mentally, or are not prepared emotionally to accept it. I have been alive 43 years i am having difficulty processing it and understanding it also. I think if we were to just judge this pandemic by face value, we would see small numbers of death etc. and compare it to flu, or car accidents etc. yet we are missing the time factor, these numbers are going to increase substantially in the coming week months etc. we have the data to prove it... I believe history will prove it also. Team Canada will not send athletes to Games in summer 2020 due to COVID-19 risks

Good, it is all coming into place like one of my post stated long ago.
Japan is letting the other countries do the good work, and Japan will soon announce the fear factor. I believe this is when we will start seeing the true number of cases. Tomorrow is hospital day and doctor visit also. I hope not to have dire news to share.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
yikes

Queensland to close it's borders Wednesday at midnight, oh boy this is really heating up...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   
has anyone heard what the hospitals with the high death rates are treating their patients with?

Are Chloroquine with Azithromycin being used?
Is Vitamin C being used? Pluginn reported in

Those treated with High Dose iv Vit. C:
Patients were given: 10 gr or 20 gr
all recovered
no one died
3 - 5 days shorter hospital stay
50 gr of Vit C. over a period of 4 hours brought a patient who was deteriorating rapidly back to wellness.

I don't understand the many different reports from different doctors on all the different treatment process.
If your patient died, what you did didn't work?
next do the same again or try something different?

If patient is dying with our process then why not jab with 50gr of Vit- C or the Chloroquine with Azithromycin -
IS it because they will get sued if the patient lives with a side effect or does dying by the book save on insurance costs compare to dying trying something off books?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Remember when we were told the CFR was like the flu?

One big thing this chart tell us is china was lying through its teeth and still is.

When this is over.. China needs to pay

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Facebook donates emergency reserve of 720,000 masks due to coronavirus outbreak

twitter.com...
why would Facebook have a surplus of 720,000 masks to give away anyway>?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Venezuela prohibits company layoffs and suspends credit collections over coronavirus

twitter.com...

well done... thats a good approach!
edit on 23/3/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Here in Chile it's the same. A lot are going out to the supermarkets, street fairs (the ones that sell produce, not the ones with entertainment) and anything that is open with their whole families It was asked to as few people as possible to go buy, hopefully 1.

People with quarantines boarding airplanes, going to parties, some even tried to make a massive party called "Virus Party"... Some are taking it as a vacation and going to the beach. A trolley driver asked the people to keep a 2mts distances in the queue and they got angry... (all of this is in my previous posts with links).

I know this will not be the end of humanity. But our ending will not be because of our weapons, polluting, a virus, etc... It will be because we, as human species, are IDIOTS, the rest are the results of that idiocy.

Unless TPTB start treating us like adults instead of like children AND people have to start to demand this, this won't change. If this happens and they stopped withholding information and start telling the truth, at the beginning their will be mass panic, yes. But as we mature and learn, that will go away and a new reality will emerge. Of course TPTB want to keep it this way also because it benefits them.

But what do I know...

One second left to live
Then we'll open our eyes

(supposed to be "Then will open your eyes", but i changed it because I listen what I wrote and I like it more.)

Sorry for the rant.
edit on 23/3/2020 by redpassion because: changed order of some words in a phrase

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Remember when we were told the CFR was like the flu?

One big thing this chart tell us is china was lying through its teeth and still is.

When this is over.. China needs to pay

Will probably never happen, the W.H.O. is defending them saying they are not lying this time, unlike the last couple of times. They also have the right to veto in the so called "democratic" U.N. where 5 countries can veto the rest of the world. (Unless that in a very serious situation like this and with evidence they can remove that power).
edit on 23/3/2020 by redpassion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The U.S numbers of infections are really growing fast, you guys just have to be the best at everything don't you...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:40 AM
link   
USA Update - twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Personally, I wouldn't really call some tweet from some random person, completely unqualified on the subject whose making massive assumptions based on very little data in order to de-legitimize the severity of this pandemic -- to be a "USA Update" -- but whatever floats your boat!

edit on 23/3/20 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Dutch airline KLM has resummed flights from HongKong to Amsterdam.

Not only Dutch people stranded in HongKong or Macau but also UK or other shengen country citizens are allowed to use this option to get back.

Nieuws.nl (dutch website)

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I reported yesterday Thailand was claiming a jump to 599 cases. Today they are reporting an additional jump to 721 (122 increase).

Like I said in the previous post many of the tourist spots are shut down to include Bangkok which closed just about everything except grocery stores and malls. Millions can not work so instead of starving they are returning to family who live outside the shuttered areas. I expect the reported infected to really start to increase all over the place.. We just had three cases reported in my part of the country. Governor told everyone to shut their businesses except for the Mall and major grocery stores. They even shut down my 5 local golf courses "Mayday Mayday !"

I really do worry about all the people who already lived day to day on their meager earnings who will now have absolutely nothing as far as money to survive on.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I am absolutely livid I've been forced to come into my office today.
While the whole firm was told to WFH, I'm considered essential and must come in - even though I can do my job from home.

My manager still thinks this is hype and it isnt that bad... so because he is in, i must be.

Fake a cough and he will send you home and then you can work from home.

top topics

<< 209  210  211    213  214  215 >>

join