It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 208
<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

That’s awful, my prayers go out to that child and her family. This is something people need to realize, it’s called low risk for a reason. If there were no risk , well they would just say it. Yes she could have some undiagnosed condition, maybe she was down for awhile, prone to clotting and got a pulmonary embolism, what’s more likely is a healthy patient experiencing the dreaded cytokine cascade type effect and now her immune system is basically carpet bombing lung tissue. If the pneumonia causes sepsis, then she can crash, get clots, uncontrolled bleeding, fluid shift and it’s awful.

Stay home, stay indoors, stop ignoring healthcare professionals. This time the politicians are telling the truth, I Know I know, it seems impossible a liberal or conservative can do that, just start listening please. If the virus isn’t stopped, we turn 2-4 months into up to 2 years.

Stop playing the unholy lottery, they won’t ask nicely forever. Apparently the West, especially Americans, need to be treated like children. I would rather not be on the delivering side of history and be part of a one million person quarantine enforcement group. Laws have been suspended before, it’s looking like this might have to happen in the cities at some point.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Also here in Illinois our governor decided to get into a stupid yelling match and now I guess we as United States citizens are just screwed here in Illinois. I didnt hear the president name not one thing coming to Illinois from the federal govt. You know for Chicago.

Way to go Pritzker, way to bite the hand that feeds.

What was it about. You can PM me if you want.

NBC

He's pretty much putting Trump on blast for not doing enough.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Stop playing the unholy lottery, they won’t ask nicely forever. Apparently the West, especially Americans, need to be treated like children.

Not just a American people, most of the west. I'm not looking forward to the fallout, new laws will be passed, people will be deemed unfit to manage their own decisions.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I am absolutely livid I've been forced to come into my office today.
While the whole firm was told to WFH, I'm considered essential and must come in - even though I can do my job from home.

My manager still thinks this is hype and it isnt that bad... so because he is in, i must be.

My kids school is still open and kids are still required to go to school, I believe an announcement will be made tomorrow, talk about dragging behind the 8 ball.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

That’s awful, my prayers go out to that child and her family. This is something people need to realize, it’s called low risk for a reason. If there were no risk , well they would just say it. Yes she could have some undiagnosed condition, maybe she was down for awhile, prone to clotting and got a pulmonary embolism, what’s more likely is a healthy patient experiencing the dreaded cytokine cascade type effect and now her immune system is basically carpet bombing lung tissue. If the pneumonia causes sepsis, then she can crash, get clots, uncontrolled bleeding, fluid shift and it’s awful.

Stay home, stay indoors, stop ignoring healthcare professionals. This time the politicians are telling the truth, I Know I know, it seems impossible a liberal or conservative can do that, just start listening please. If the virus isn’t stopped, we turn 2-4 months into up to 2 years.

Stop playing the unholy lottery, they won’t ask nicely forever. Apparently the West, especially Americans, need to be treated like children. I would rather not be on the delivering side of history and be part of a one million person quarantine enforcement group. Laws have been suspended before, it’s looking like this might have to happen in the cities at some point.

Thanks for the info.
Stay safe, and keep posting as long as you can.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Well at this point it would seem fairly obvious that Boris and his band of halfwits are still going for herd immunity despite the obvious catastrophic consequences such a move would bring. There is a sort of dim, bovine logic to it, but only utter fools, backed by the very best scientific minds (all British of course), would plough such a corpse laden furrow whilst trying to suggest they are actually navigating a more steady course.

Even though it is blatantly obvious by now that China lied their collectives asses off over the actual numbers and death rates, we have still been using that flawed data in our mathematical modelling - the very same modelling the UK is basing its approach to Covid-19 on. I mean, WHAT? I suppose the defeating and deathly wave of reality rolling out from Italy might give them pause at some point.

Really though it is too late now. Plague planes arriving without checks, to keep the spread going. UK, USA, France, Spain and most everywhere else are all going to reap the rewards of their leaders incompetence. We could see this coming very early in January, some before. Do you think any of them would have listened to the CT crazy’s? No, because they have intelligence services and advisors costing billions to alert them to these things. Good job guys. Good job.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

Get ready for the dark ages, hope for a recession at this point. Putting entire economy on pause like these governments are is going to have a price. The systems are so complex they are fragile. Here in the states counterfeiting and just printing money to solve the hemorrhaging Does not work, not to mention DC IS A mess. Besides all the fed is doing by printing money is protect the rich people with bail outs. This economically looks to be worse than 2008. Not even discussing the actual disease. Baby boomers are going broke with there 401ks I bet they are scared to death right now. So ya hope for a recession.
edit on 22-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

A lot have no desire to do REAL research. They quote the CDC or the MSM and they know it all.

A guy on FB told me I was stupid for thinking it was airborne and that it could be caught any other way than if someone sneezes or coughs on you.
Told me that's what the CDC says.
When I tried offering links to research being published I was told ....

No other countries have the equipment and doctors the CDC do.🤦‍♀️

My cashier last time I went grocery shopping...didn't think it lasted on surfaces for more than minutes. When I explained to her what I was reading she said....Why does no one tell us that?

But she didn't believe me anyway.

There is a part in one of my favorite books, it talks about only being able to save those in front of you. Having to remember that sometimes right now is sad.

edit on 22-3-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

Well at this point it would seem fairly obvious that Boris and his band of halfwits are still going for herd immunity despite the obvious catastrophic consequences such a move would bring. There is a sort of dim, bovine logic to it, but only utter fools, backed by the very best scientific minds (all British of course), would plough such a corpse laden furrow whilst trying to suggest they are actually navigating a more steady course.

Even though it is blatantly obvious by now that China lied their collectives asses off over the actual numbers and death rates, we have still been using that flawed data in our mathematical modelling - the very same modelling the UK is basing its approach to Covid-19 on. I mean, WHAT? I suppose the defeating and deathly wave of reality rolling out from Italy might give them pause at some point.

Really though it is too late now. Plague planes arriving without checks, to keep the spread going. UK, USA, France, Spain and most everywhere else are all going to reap the rewards of their leaders incompetence. We could see this coming very early in January, some before. Do you think any of them would have listened to the CT crazy’s? No, because they have intelligence services and advisors costing billions to alert them to these things. Good job guys. Good job.

No so much incompetence, as no knowledge of the scale of the problem.
France might have caught it just in time, I hope, but I fear the UK and US waited too long to self-isolate and self-distance.
Everyone needs to stay away from everyone else at this point.
beleive everyone has it.
This is a big problem, and the only way to stop it, is to stop the spread.
I wont be going out for anything unless I have to, or are ordered to, at this point.

Stay Safe.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: ARM1968

Get ready for the dark ages, hope for a recession at this point. Putting entire economy on pause like these governments are is going to have a price. The systems are so complex they are fragile. Here in the states counterfeiting and just printing money to solve the hemorrhaging Does not work, not to mention DC IS A mess. Besides all the fed is doing by printing money is protect the rich people with bail outs. This economically looks to be worse than 2008. Not even discussing the actual disease. Baby boomers are going broke with there 401ks I bet they are scared to death right now. So ya hope for a recession.

I think money is going to be the last of our problems at this point, hence the printing of copious amounts of it.
We'll see if the money is worth it in a few months.
Money is literally worthless if you can't do anything with it.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
My kids school is still open and kids are still required to go to school, I believe an announcement will be made tomorrow, talk about dragging behind the 8 ball.

Wasn't it mentioned in the announcement last night, all non-essential businesses ordered to shut midday today, and sending kids to school is voluntary at this point (nation wide, Australia)

Edit:

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian says schools in the state will remain open, but has encouraged parents to keep their children at home to contain the spread of coronavirus.

www.abc.net.au... /coronavirus-parents-told-to-keep-children-home-from-school/12079524
edit on 22/3/20 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

originally posted by: Chance321
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Yeah, I seen that. They did the same yesterday. So who has the right numbers? Johns Hopkins University has NY at 15777.

I think check at least 3 sites, and two of them should be right. I hope.

bnonews.com...

www.worldometers.info...

coronavirus.thebaselab.com...

GiSanddata

Thanks for the good links. Adding them to my monitoring list.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Wasn't it mentioned in the announcement last night, all non-essential businesses ordered to shut midday today, and sending kids to school is voluntary at this point (nation wide, Australia)

Yeah, seems voluntary at this point :

www.bbc.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: anonentity

I think you need to be aware of any vents in the helmet (but if you block them it can fog)... I bought some 3M construction goggles but they have vents. Been trying to get an idea of how to combat the vents versus fogging dilemma myself but am just sticking it out in self isolation for now to see what happens in my locale (shrug)

There is anti fog sprays and rubs. One is called Zooks, I believe. We have to use it in the summertime when the humidity is high

Use baby shampoo. I used to use it to defog my goggles while snorkeling.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yep. The only reason they're keeping the schools open is to ensure parents with limited childcare options could continue working (particularly healthcare workers and other essential businesses)... so essentially from here on out schools will just be daycare centers for youth -- which I guess makes a lot of sense

edit on 22/3/20 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

It’s bad, today traffic died down a ton but many people were still out and about. Looking in cars, they were all middle aged and older, at risk groups doing their normal activities. The state parks were packed with hundreds, thousands of people. The young are staying home, driveways packed with cars and having house parties. The only people isolating are those with families that I can see. Even my parents, both now with coughs are still doing trips and wandering around stores.

Reality has not set in yet, trust me it will, very soon.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Also here in Illinois our governor decided to get into a stupid yelling match and now I guess we as United States citizens are just screwed here in Illinois. I didnt hear the president name not one thing coming to Illinois from the federal govt. You know for Chicago.

Way to go Pritzker, way to bite the hand that feeds.

What was it about. You can PM me if you want.

NBC

He's pretty much putting Trump on blast for not doing enough.

Thanks I just watched it. I don't think he should of said "get out of the way". Trump doesn't have that magic wand, maybe this Pritzker could loose a little weight and find the magic wand that my home state needs. Sad to say, I don't think the Governor had the best interest for the Illinois people at heart with his speech. Illinois is not the only State short on resources at the moment. Maybe he should work with the President instead against him. I don't think the mob in Chicago is going to be too happy when the gangbangers invade their turf (mobs turf that is) but then again, they probably are all in Sicily by now.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
From French Live Feed at 00h54 :

School classes could restart on the 4th May in France, at the earliest, pending on the evolution of the Virus.
It could be pushed back.

www.20minutes.fr...

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Everyone needs to stay away from everyone else at this point.
beleive everyone has it.
This is a big problem, and the only way to stop it, is to stop the spread.
I wont be going out for anything unless I have to, or are ordered to, at this point.

Stay Safe.

Yep. This basically. My other half decided to order some unneeded items from Amazon, and I had to tell her to stop. She was trying to cheer me up with what she'd ordered, so it was from the right place, but even knowing all that is happening, it is easy to invite unnecessary risks. She understood after she felt a little deflated.
I'm just happy with a bit of food on the table right now and those I love safe and on mission. Weird weird times.

Sleep time. Night all. More BS tomorrow no doubt. Waiting for the McVirus crowd to throw themselves into the fire all day.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

New York (CNN Business)Dow futures fell 5%, hitting the "limit down" maximum allowable limit and halting futures from falling further within minutes after futures trading began Sunday. Dow (INDU) futures dropped 954 points. S&P 500 (SPX) and Nasdaq (COMP) futures also fell around 5%. The sharp drop in stock futures points to another volatile week for Wall Street as coronavirus continues to take a toll on public health and the economy in the United States and elsewhere. The decline came shortly before a key procedural Senate vote on a massive stimulus package to help Americans handle the crisis failed Sunday evening, pushing out the timeline for relief.

Dow futures drop 5%, hitting 'limit down' at the start of futures trading Sunday

new topics

top topics

<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join