It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Alamos National Laboratory - Highly Contagious and More Infectious Than Initially Estimated

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I think I'll trust the info coming out of Los Alamos than the Pollyannaites on ATS. Now there is even talk that the Coronaviris is a bio weapon.

nationalinterest.org...

prime.economictimes.indiatimes.com...
edit on 16-2-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

That is a possibility. Some studying the virus say it has been in the wild from 20 to 70 years.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Yeah, because we eat so much bat soup around here.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Now there is even talk that the Coronaviris is a bio weapon.

Also talk about it escaping by biting a worker in a bat study lab.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

You don't have to bite the bat to get it, it can bite you.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

That is a possibility. Some studying the virus say it has been in the wild from 20 to 70 years.

I remember a few years ago there was a large spike in flu deaths in the US... and people who took flu shots, still got the flu... of course they said it mutated etc... maybe it was the coronaviris...?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
China could effectively shut down America’s healthcare system within months given the one-party state’s “global chokehold” on the manufacturing of medicines and medical supplies, explained Rosemary Gibson, author of China Rx: Exposing the Risks of America’s Dependence on China for Medicine.
Mansour noted how the coronavirus outbreak in China has exposed America’s dangerous dependence on Chinese production of pharmaceutical and medical supplies, including an estimated 97 percent of all antibiotics and 80 percent of the active pharmaceutical ingredients needed for domestic drug production.

edit on 16-2-2020 by JON666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666
China could effectively shut down America’s healthcare system within months given the one-party state’s “global chokehold” on the manufacturing of medicines and medical supplies, explained Rosemary Gibson, author of China Rx: Exposing the Risks of America’s Dependence on China for Medicine.
Mansour noted how the coronavirus outbreak in China has exposed America’s dangerous dependence on Chinese production of pharmaceutical and medical supplies, including an estimated 97 percent of all antibiotics and 80 percent of the active pharmaceutical ingredients needed for domestic drug production.

We sure have had some lame leaders in this country. How can you let this happen when you have sworn to protect your country.

It's been clear for a long time that we could not trust China. Everyone knew something like this would happen sooner or later.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The communicable rate and death rate are nothing like the Spanish flu. LOL it has easily been on American soil for 3 weeks or more and no serious spike in those sick. Yes again it's dangerous and bears watching and some preparation buy lets not get carried away. Wuhan is so severe because the wrt market was infecting hundreds daily before the shut it down. There is no hot spot like that going unchecked anywhere else. LOl yeah I'm watching and I'm concerned our business relies on shipments from China but freaking out and misinformation isn't helping the situation here.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Some might see a pattern , more Han Chinese more deaths

Chinese ethnic groups map

Johns Hopkins COVID-19 map ...

Hubei province :Han Chinese 95.6%
edit on 17-2-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
Some might see a pattern , more Han Chinese more deaths

Chinese ethnic groups map

Johns Hopkins COVID-19 map ...

Hubei province :Han Chinese 95.6%

I had the same thought as soon as news clips showed the way they were so forcefully grabbing people from the streets. If the virus turns out to be far less lethal outside of China, I'd say it wasn't because of Asian genetics, as has been mentioned.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

It dont look to be so lethal outside of China to me. There would be a lot of people in India & Nepal to spread it, yet no sign of any serious outbreak there .

Taiwan has a lot Han Chinese, i hope it wont go bad there...

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Singapore has majorety of Chineses if i understand , the earlyer SARS was also killing in Singapore..

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
The communicable rate and death rate are nothing like the Spanish flu. LOL it has easily been on American soil for 3 weeks or more and no serious spike in those sick. Yes again it's dangerous and bears watching and some preparation buy lets not get carried away. Wuhan is so severe because the wrt market was infecting hundreds daily before the shut it down. There is no hot spot like that going unchecked anywhere else. LOl yeah I'm watching and I'm concerned our business relies on shipments from China but freaking out and misinformation isn't helping the situation here.

Your assuming we are getting the real info from The CDC and State Officials. Leaks are happening suggesting cases in New York are confirmed but not showing up on official CDC list.

Considering how bad this bug is in China and on The cruise ship in Japan I find it odd we have had only 15 confirmed for days. More likely the CDC is gambling that it will be grouped in as the flu as to not cause panic. Time will tell.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

The novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) is a recently emerged human pathogen that has spread widely since January 2020. Initially, the basic reproductive number, R0, was estimated to be 2.2 to 2.7. Here we provide a new estimate of this quantity. We collected extensive individual case reports and estimated key epidemiology parameters, including the incubation period.

Integrating these estimates and high-resolution real-time human travel and infection data with mathematical models, we estimated that the number of infected individuals during early epidemic double every 2.4 days, and the R0 value is likely to be between 4.7 and 6.6.

We further show that quarantine and contact tracing of symptomatic individuals alone may not be effective and early, strong control measures are needed to stop transmission of the virus.

The Novel Coronavirus, 2019-nCoV, is Highly Contagious and More Infectious Than Initially Estimated

PDF

Have gag orders been issued to hide the cases of the 2019-nCoV in the US?

Does anyone doubt that the government and media would lie to us about this?

What else could they be hiding about this virus?

New York Issued Gag order to Police over Corona Virus

None of this is good.

I hope and pray that they are wrong.

Things will never be the same if this is all true.

If this is really happening, it will soon be to late to stock up on food and water.

One more trip to the store today and I will be as ready for this virus, as I reasonably can be.

This new info confirms that self isolation will be your best hope not to catch this virus. It will buy you time for a cure or treatment to come available to you.

Sorry not legal. No gag order is bs.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath
Remember, around 1-2% lethal, and it is likely the weakest/older/already ill people. It's a big number if it makes it around the ball: yes! Extinction or zombie apocalypse: nay!

What makes you think it's only 1-2% lethal?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist

You do know it spreads human to human right?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

What "misinformation" are you referring to?
Do you refute any information provided by the source in the OP?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

Your assuming we are getting the real info from The CDC and State Officials. Leaks are happening suggesting cases in New York are confirmed but not showing up on official CDC list.

Considering how bad this bug is in China and on The cruise ship in Japan I find it odd we have had only 15 confirmed for days. More likely the CDC is gambling that it will be grouped in as the flu as to not cause panic. Time will tell.

I hear you but you are taking a huge leap assuming we aren't getting correct information yourself. Again not saying its not bad and deserves watching. In China, you had people actually consuming these infected Pangolins, selling these infected animals, moving these infected animals, for days if not weeks. Infecting a section of the wet market and everyone who became exposed to it. LOL, I type this as I cough a little, lol. That's the story, the way it has spread in China it makes sense. As far as gag orders or anything out of the ordinary here I would like to verify, just cause people can be hoaxers or just overly paranoid. That said it is cutting a swarth through China, it will likely burn itself out like all the other health concerns there, SARS, bird flu etc. I'm old enough to remember Legionaire's disease in Philadelphia, read upon it nothing like that is happening yet in the US and probably won't because you need a hotspot continually infecting lots of people going unchecked.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

I hear you but you are taking a huge leap assuming we aren't getting correct information yourself. Again not saying its not bad and deserves watching. In China, you had people actually consuming these infected Pangolins, selling these infected animals, moving these infected animals, for days if not weeks. Infecting a section of the wet market and everyone who became exposed to it. LOL, I type this as I cough a little, lol. That's the story, the way it has spread in China it makes sense. As far as gag orders or anything out of the ordinary here I would like to verify, just cause people can be hoaxers or just overly paranoid. That said it is cutting a swarth through China, it will likely burn itself out like all the other health concerns there, SARS, bird flu etc. I'm old enough to remember Legionaire's disease in Philadelphia, read upon it nothing like that is happening yet in the US and probably won't because you need a hotspot continually infecting lots of people going unchecked.

Do you know what a 4.7-6.6 RO value means? It means you dont need an effing "hotspot".

This disease is at least a month ahead of us man. All we can do is sit back and watch it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join