It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather station in Antarctica records high of 65, the continent's hottest temperature ever

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Ice builds up, and drops off, and freezes, and melts, same as it always has, and always will. Showing ice break off without showing ice build up is bs. When all they have is bs, that's all they can show.

As I said, our historical temperature records over the last century, from around the world, have not changed at all. They always vary, of course, which is normal, and proves they are full of crap.

I cannot stand all this 'climate change' garbage, spewed every day by the filthy mass media scumbags. I ask anyone to look at the historical records, if they want to know the truth, because we are being lied to over and over again, and people will start to believe anything if they hear it enough. Many people are simply brainless drones, that's the reality.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
a reply to: lostbook

How do you recommend we fix it?

Apparently, we fix it by giving up all our freedoms and rights, join the communist utopia and let the peoples government control every aspect of our lives from birth to death.

Because only Communism can save the Earth..!!

SARCASMOFF/

Otherwise, we sit it out for the next 12,000 years as the Earth slowly heats up by about 5 degrees during the current interglacial period and then wait for it to cool down again as we head back into a new glacial period, because we are still very much at the arse end of an Ice Age.

You see, the glaciers advance and recede over tens of thousands of years.. It's an ongoing cycle.

But of course Climate activists will say that "natural cycles", don't actually exist, "it's all made up" and mankind is to blame for everything that happens in nature.. lol

edit on 9-2-2020 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

Some may think this way but not me. I'm only bringing the info in the article to ATS. I do think that man is accelerating the process of these Earthly changes to his own demise.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: Riffrafter

It's the summer in the southern hemisphere...

True.

And I've since read that temps can get into the 60's in the summer.

I was just contrasting it with the very cold temps in NJ currently.

It just doesn't seem right. But then again, I no longer like the cold weather. Maybe I should winter in Antarctica.

I guess I'm just becoming a grumpy bastard...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So time to start investing in land in Antarctica!

There is some incredibly beautiful ocean front real estate there.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I thought this was already debunked because another place was 2-3 degrees warmer 40 years ago. It's in a tropical winds area part of the year.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What’s strange is it’s near impossible to have the “global warming” crowd to admit these changes are the result of changes in our sun. These kinds of changes in temperature are in fact over the entire solar system, beyond yet the reach of man and our carbon footprint.

Hmmm....

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
I thought this was already debunked because another place was 2-3 degrees warmer 40 years ago. It's in a tropical winds area part of the year.

True. The record is 19.8c at Signy Research Station in 1982.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Biggest problem is the attitude of "Meh.. nothing we can do, if we die we die." Burying our collective heads in the sand because it's an inconvenience won't help the planet, or the planet we leave our children. Not us? Ok.. still a problem. Although humans are probably a fairly large contribution to the problem.

I'm baffled by the supposed money making agenda that is behind global warming. Big oil companies make 300.. 400 million a DAY. So it's hilarious when people act like solar or wind farms are gouging people. OIL are the folks who are gouging. And trying to prevent research or progression of greener energy solutions.

But.. no, OMG global warming is a SCAM!!

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit
I watch the AESO which is Alberta's energy grid in real time. During our so called Polar vortex that lasted a few weeks the windmills and solar hardly performed. To be honest they hardly ever perform. Thank you Natural Gas or we would be all dead.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: charlyv

That's the Arctic, there's no polar bears in the Antarctic. The Antarctic sits in a continent, the Arctic stretches to continents within it's cold season.

And no. When water that has been frozen for millions of years is melting it becomes a little more than your average cycle. And yes, we can record atmospheric conditions etc of this ancient ice.

Ya know? before it melts.

Yeah, my bad. However, pointing out extremes in the south would be pretty much the same scenarios. Measuring temperature would show extremes just like the arctic. Cycles that we have not seen the full sequence of still remain with no recording of when that actually occured. We have the old maps that show land mass when we have only experienced ice cover, so one could summarize it was not that long ago when Antarctica may have been a much warmer place on average.
edit on 9-2-2020 by charlyv because: s

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   

65? that's it? i worked in 46 degrees CELSIUS.

This is el nino combined with man made climate change, we are not entirely at fault.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Global warming is real in what sense?

Humans causing it? Don't think so.

Earth goes through cold and hot cycles, I thought this was common knowledge?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
What’s strange is it’s near impossible to have the “global warming” crowd to admit these changes are the result of changes in our sun. These kinds of changes in temperature are in fact over the entire solar system, beyond yet the reach of man and our carbon footprint.

Hmmm....

I'll admit that. However, man is accelerating the process here on Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join