It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 184
<< 181  182  183    185  186  187 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Topic fatigue is my guess. With numbers remaining low outside of China, it seems contained. "Seems" being the operative word here. I am anything but convinced of that.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Agreed, that ship is perfect to shut everyone in rooms and see how fast it spreads through the ventilation etc and track it’s spread over a mapped area with limited contact etc

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

In the past I wouldn't doubt but nowadays they data mine the hell outta twitter.🤔😳😇
If any come to ATS I think it's more towards getting a reading (like a heat map) of a particular subject especially UFO/aviation related.

It's relatively unknown to the public but most of the international news coverage in Western media is provided by only three global news agencies based in New York, London and Paris... and trickles downward to all other media outlets; some is syndicated which is why some articles across all msm are identical and often missing alot of detail.

The Propaganda Multiplier

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Wuhan resident tells the truth of coronavirus in China!

A man from Wuhan describes the situation he is experiencing. If you can get to a hospital, they are full of pneumonia cases and not taking any new patients. If you try you will be sent to another facility where you will be quarantined. Most people are stuck at home with no way to travel, no one to help.

The price of masks are 5-10 times the usual price, no receipt provided. No more fresh fruit or vegetables with most stores empty. Gas stations closed.

For my notes on it, it is optimistic to think that infections are reducing, I wish it was the case. Sounds more like a breakdown in social order to report on the true situation is taking place. If / when I am in a similar situation there would be more on my mind than doing some book work. This disease must be really bad to put a city through such pain, the fear to shut down most commerce and industry. Looks like this lock down will be continuing for some time to come.

How much longer can this go on? Will the threat really of just gone away once the decision is made to open it all back up again? Or will the people think it is just better to die standing rather than hiding?
edit on 9-2-2020 by kwakakev because: grammer

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

In Europe, Axel Springer's operation has outsized influence on the media.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   
6 more cases on the cruise ship diamond princess

At least six more people on a cruise ship quarantined in a Japanese port tested positive for the coronavirus on Sunday as thousands of passengers remained confined to their cabins, according to TV Asahi. Japan's Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare has confirmed early in the week that a total of 64 people on the ship have been infected. The infected people have been moved to hospitals in Tokyo and neighbouring towns. Japanese media reported on Sunday that nearly 100 people onboard the ship cruise, the Diamond Princess, are "feeling unwell" and will be tested for the novel coronavirus.

LINK

Total now 70 and 100 feeling unwell, Likely going to rise id imagine
edit on 9-2-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
[placemarker]

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
[placemarker]

Yep///Got it.

Now we know where we are.

Good job AT1

Bally

edit on 9-2-2020 by bally001 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I've been thinking and this is what concerns me the most. The cruise ship is semi-close quarters I guess you could say. Never been on one myself. However, if it spreads rather easily even with confined passengers, just think about all of those people in the hospitals. Granted, there is the incubation period and such.

The videos of people crammed shoulder to shoulder in the Wuhan hospitals was nuts. Hundreds upon hundreds. Even if only a few had it, I imagine it spread pretty darn fast in that environment. Although, there were probably people there with just regular colds/sickness that had compromised immune systems, which in turn allowed it to infect them easier. Wont catch me at a hospital in an outbreak.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

It seemed to last weekend to, I dont know if less reporting goes on or if internet police are out it in full force, either way I think it'll pick back up tomorrow as soon as everyone back at work for the week

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
6 more cases on the cruise ship diamond princess

At least six more people on a cruise ship quarantined in a Japanese port tested positive for the coronavirus on Sunday as thousands of passengers remained confined to their cabins, according to TV Asahi. Japan's Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare has confirmed early in the week that a total of 64 people on the ship have been infected. The infected people have been moved to hospitals in Tokyo and neighbouring towns. Japanese media reported on Sunday that nearly 100 people onboard the ship cruise, the Diamond Princess, are "feeling unwell" and will be tested for the novel coronavirus.

LINK

Total now 70 and 100 feeling unwell, Likely going to rise id imagine

Yep!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's Sunday evening here and been out all day. No report on the "100" doing unwell yet.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: that1lurker

I've been on 2 cruises and the ships can be tight quarters in the hallways for the most part. It does depend on the ship.

The crew areas are much tighter.

Every so often you read or see on the news about a Norovirus ripping through the passengers and crew of a cruise ship. I recall seeing numbers like 200-300 sickened and one time I think 500 or so.

I found this on a quick search...

Norovirus outbreaks on cruise ships are rare – the CDC [US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] lists just 11 norovirus-related outbreaks in 2016, with thousands of cruise itineraries carrying passengers on a foreign itinerary with at least one stop at a US port.”Nov 6, 2019

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   
twitter.com...

Video of some women being dragged to a van resisting. Looks like they dont care about the male? Someone said in the comments that they heard them talking about spreading news, not that they are infected. Apparently on her weibo account. Who knows.

Also this from an Indian newspaper. twitter.com...

"Chinese health authorities have dispatched a total of 11,921 medical personnel from across the country to #Hubei Province to aid the fight against the novel #coronavirus pneumonia, said the National Health Commission on Sunday."

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

[placemarker]

Yep///Got it.

Good job AT1

Bally

Gotta keep track where I left off somehow lol. I wasn't on ATS at all today, so it took me a minute to get caught up.

-_____-

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   
twitter.com...

www.mirror.co.uk...

Spain reports 2nd case of coronavirus

Another brit

edit on 9-2-2020 by Pommer89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89
twitter.com...

www.mirror.co.uk...

Spain reports 2nd case of coronavirus

Another brit

Another tourist island. Thankfully, Spain's health system is rated as 3rd in the world, so let's see if things go as smoothly for him as the German in la Gomera.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
This doesn't sound good:

www.cbc.ca...

Chinese patients in a Zambian hospital who showed up with coughs and fevers did not get placed in isolation. They recovered, were given antibiotics, and sent home. They did not get tested for the coronavirus. And now the doctor that treated them has fallen ill and not shown up for work in the past week.

Chinese companies operate mines in Zambia and one company is headquartered in Wuhan and hundreds of workers have traveled to and from China.

I have a sinking feeling this is going to get out of control. They don't have the resources to contain an outbreak and things can go bad very quickly.

These health workers have been ordered not to speak publicly about the virus that has killed *hundreds* around the world.

I'm due to go to Zimbabwe in April, prob not going to happen is it 😕

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Good morning everyone!

Here are the latest figures from WuFlu.Live:

Confirmed: 37595
Deaths: 814
Recovered: 2855

Rev

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

[placemarker]

Yep///Got it.

Good job AT1

Bally

Gotta keep track where I left off somehow lol. I wasn't on ATS at all today, so it took me a minute to get caught up.

-_____-

Good stuff mate. I got yer 6.

Bally

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravinski

Trying to keep up....
Does anybody answered this question yet?
Is this Corona virus contaminating water supplies?
Is it safe to drink/shower/use the toilet/brush your teeth with tapwater?
Do they still use safe tapwater in quarantined zones as Wuhan?

Could be good info to know if we should stock up on bottled water if the virus arrives.

Ravinski

top topics

<< 181  182  183    185  186  187 >>

join