It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
has anyone who has not traveled from Wuhan got it?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

In China yes, there's a hand full of cases where people caught it from other infected people, outside of Wuhan.

edit on 26/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

In China yes, there's a hand full of cases where people caught it from other infected people, outside of Wuhan.

only in china?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

reported to the public yes

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

as far as I can remember, there's no person to person outside of China yet.

In China there is.

This doesn't necessarily mean anything, because its a 2 week incubation period and you're infectious before symptoms.

So, if person to person can happen in China outside Wuhan, there's no reason to think it cannot happen at an airport or on the plane.

Wuhans Mayor said 5 millon people left Wuhan before the quarantine was put in place. (internationally and domestically)

So if these people infected anyone, we arent going to know yet

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jason79

The Coronovirus link in my signature is more up to date.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
We’ll start seeing secondary infections outside China any day now provided it spreads as fast as the numbers indicate.

There’s no way to be sure. Just have to wait and hope it’s not bad and China is massively overreacting, which I highly doubt.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
www.biorxiv.org...

Transmission dynamics.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
From several sources on WeChat and Twitter...

210,000 vehicles escaped from the city the day before #Wuhan's lockdown.
70,000 Shanghai
76,000 Hainan
More than 25,000 Sichuan
More than 19,000 Hangzhou
Vehicles entered these cities.
The outbreak is expected to increase in these cities in the next 2 weeks. #coronavirus

Hainan I think is autocorrected wrong should be Henan Province. Sichuan is the Province which has 2 populous cities Chengdu and Chongqing, the later self quarantined according to rumors.

Hangzhou is effectively Shanghai, it’s literally right next to it, the city centers are easily reachable via fast train, car, bus and taxi.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
www.straitstimes.com...

Singapore's multi-ministry task force set up to fight the infectious disease on all fronts here is implementing new measures, from compulsory leave for some people returning from China, to enhanced screening and checks, in efforts to prevent the virus from taking hold in the country.
For one, Singaporeans are now advised to avoid non-essential travel to mainland China.

Singaporeans told not to travel to China.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
it's 12:00 now body count should start to get up soon

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

And I went to Shoppers Drug Mart and Walmart Pharmacy today and they were all out to Shoppers said I didn't know when or if they would be able to get them in and Walmart said they were on backorder

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

M3 for now are only taking order from Hospital and emergency services.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

I assume Shanghai and other large coastal cities have major shipping ports & marinas. More difficult to lockdown?

The wiki version which relies purely on data reported by China Gov't shows suspected cases & Quarantined.

Timeline of the 2019–20 Wuhan coronavirus outbreak

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Same here in Aus...

Get some goggles... they'll be the next thing to go.

From what most have said the typical face masks at pharmacies arent going to stop it, the size of the filter and the size of the virus means its useless.

but its better than nothing i guess
edit on 26/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
So I have been thinking. Some strange info, I may get a little conspiracy in this info, but it’s just odd. We get a new novel virus, in the beginning of January with a 14 day incubation period roughly. Biggest holiday for China, in on the 25th, much travel large gatherings etc.... coincidence? What else was going on in the world before, this news broke? Something sounds weird. To me the reason, I think this disease is going to be serious is because how it started and WHEN. This looks like it was designed.

But back down to earth, ya it originated in a exotic market, that sold things from alligators, bats and whatever other odd animal to eat to pass on a corona virus. I will be interested to see when they isolate the origin of this virus. Sorry about getting off track.

Yeah it looks as coincidental as Boeing on fire in Tehran after a missile attack...

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

I am wondering, how many are/were infected before this was announced got sick. Before these people were recording the people with the disease. I am willing to bet there are allot of unreported cases out of China already.
It’s been around since late December beginning of January. Prob. Be reported as pneumonia.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Yes the coastal cities harder to lockdown. But private boats aren’t as prevalent in China.

However you do have very unscrupulous fishermen but not operating out of Shanghai as much as the provinces to their south. I’d be more worried they’ll sneak people to Philippines or Taiwan than spread it across the Pacific. It’s about 12-17 days from China to Hawaii depending on the tides and conditions.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Jan 3rd was the first time I started seeing articles and it was 44 people suspected to be infected.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

asia.nikkei.com...

HONG KONG -- Asian governments are stepping up precautionary measures to prevent an outbreak of a mysterious illness after Chinese health authorities reported 44 cases of a "viral pneumonia of unknown origin"

As of Friday, 44 people had been diagnosed with pneumonia, the cause of which is unknown, the Wuhan Municipal Health Commission said in a statement. That’s up from 27 three days earlier

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
a reply to: celltypespecific

And I went to Shoppers Drug Mart and Walmart Pharmacy today and they were all out to Shoppers said I didn't know when or if they would be able to get them in and Walmart said they were on backorder

So what are we to do when it fully hits the states...?!!

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join