It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China "viral pneumonia of unknown origin"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
There are a few articles popping up about the pneumonia illness popping up in China that sounds a bit under-reported and potentially something that could go south.

Jan 3 - asia.nikkei.com...

HONG KONG -- Asian governments are stepping up precautionary measures to prevent an outbreak of a mysterious illness after Chinese health authorities reported 44 cases of a "viral pneumonia of unknown origin"

Jan 4 - www.scmp.com...

Chinese health authorities should be on high alert for a possible new strain of pneumonia and learn from 2002's deadly Sars epidemic, medical experts said after cases of a mystery outbreak almost doubled in three days

As of Friday, 44 people had been diagnosed with pneumonia, the cause of which is unknown, the Wuhan Municipal Health Commission said in a statement. That’s up from 27 three days earlier. Eleven people are in serious condition. Some of the infected worked at a fresh seafood and produce market in the city.

Pathogen studies have ruled out more common respiratory diseases, including influenza, avian flu and adenovirus

The Wuhan seafood market sold birds, pheasants, and snakes, along with organs of rabbits and other wildlife, That’s triggered concern about the potential jump of an unknown virus to humans

This is pretty significant, if you dont know the importance of animals and diseases watch Vice'sLands ''Monkey Meat and the Ebola''
www.youtube.com...

Singapore and Hong Kong have been advised to look out for people showing Pneumonia type symptoms.

The WHO describe China as being well equipped and with mass capacity to deal with a major outbreak... that doesnt feel true and that makes me think this entire article is an attempt to positively get out in front of something.
Especially when they threaten, in a subtle way, anyone who dares say otherwise

Several people were arrested for circulating fake news online about the viral spread of pneumonia, provincial authorities said

Someone's popped up in Hong Kong and took the train..

Jan 2 - www.inkstonenews.com...

On Thursday, a woman was confirmed to be quarantined in a Hong Kong hospital after displaying symptoms of upper respiratory infection, following a trip to Wuhan. Hong Kong’s Department of Health said she tested negative for Sars and bird flu.

With cases doubling in 3 days, the potential for animal to human transmission, densely populated 2nd world Asian City and passengers on trains getting sick in Hong Kong.... has the potential to be big, if it has the ability to spread easily...a

edit on 5/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   
44 people in China.

Out of 1.6 Billion.

Several people were arrested for circulating fake news online about the viral spread of pneumonia, provincial authorities said

Well, China knows how to deal with fake news.

Perhaps they can lend a hand in the US.

P

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

They are going to end Hong Kong demonstrations by biowarfae means. This break-out of epidemy is an excuse for carantee in HK...

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I have a friend that lives in Wuhan.
She confirms the reports, But adds that there has been no human to human transmission as of yet.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
She also said that she rarely visited that market, but never saw snake or animal organs being sold. She did add that the government closed the market because of the outbreak and are investigating.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
With all those people, it was only a matter of time before illness began to breed.

I've always suspected the worse plagues to be born out of densly populated centers.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The number has jumped from 44 to 59 in just a few hours, with several in critical condition. Still reporting that there hasn't been any human to human transmission.
At least 8 people have been arrested for spreading "disharmonious rumors."

As a foreigner living in nearby Shanghai, I'm fairly worried about this for several reasons, as are other people I've spoken to. Chinese New Year is coming up, which means literally everyone will be traveling. This could spell disaster. 27, 44, and 59 people isn't very many. But I can tell you, it will spread very quickly if it jumps human to human transmission here. No one uses soap when they wash their hands, if they wash their hands. Even in a tier one city, there is no soap in the public hospital bathrooms. If that's not enough to concern you, what will?

If the money weren't so good, I would have left a long time ago. But I don't see myself or many other foreigners staying in China past 2020.

new topics

top topics

join