It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
nCoV-19 shares around 80% of SARS's CV genome, therefore we could assume similar results :

Effects of Air Temperature and Relative Humidity on Coronavirus Survival on Surfaces

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

It's a pretty meticulous study, however it had to be done in a BSL-3 environment, thus the data are limited to the conditions that could have been simulated within those labs.

edit on 26-1-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

gotta be it cause Hang Seng and Shanghai aren't moving

Nikkei is down 340 points already though
edit on 26-1-2020 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: toysforadults
Did you just wake up from a 20 years sleep ? China new lunar cycle (new years) spring festival !
edit on 26-1-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dolby_X
Did you just wake up from a 20 years sleep ? China new lunar cycle (new years) spring festival !

I am not familiar with Chinese culture

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
welp if what I read about the hygiene in the mega cities of California, god help them if it gets lose there.

Was reading some think the virus really took off because of the poor hygiene in the big cities of china.

link   

This guy is live, gathering live data and summarizing , if you guys wanna get caught up on current events. I am off for a bit to watch my tv shows.

edit on 26-1-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

link   
Now isn't this interesting the Shanghai Ruilan Bao Hu San BIOTECH company logo is the same as umbrella corporations from resident evil,bao hu sun in Chinese means 'umbrella' it would be interesting if a better research hear could see if its link to the Wuhan centre

link   
a reply to: Necrose

I was just reading that

www.forbes.com...

Pushing humidity to 40-60% reduces the ability for it to spread and they are saying all hospitals/schools/airports should be increasing their levels

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: Necrose

I was just reading that

www.forbes.com...

Pushing humidity to 40-60% reduces the ability for it to spread and they are saying all hospitals/schools/airports should be increasing their levels

IMHO, none of these measures will effectively stop or reduce (significantly) the spreading, but it's better than doing nothing, I guess.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yes it’s a holiday still today in China, includes Hong Kong.

Also Hong Kong may halt their market, they have in the past.

Hong Kong just extended school closures for 3 more weeks.

The news should pick up shortly due to time difference it’s going into Monday AM there and whole country is one time zone.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This 👇👇👇 is why the Virus is spreading so quickly.

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Does anybody know where healthcare facilities keep humidity levels?

Our labs, including BSL2 and BSL3 space are always kept at 50% +/- 20% and 72 F +/- 2 degrees. I primarily work with USDA animals and humanized mice in BSL3 areas and it’s fairly easy to boost our HVAC systems as long as the outside environment isn’t changing too much.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Japan is feeling it, the more the market reacts to this event the more real it becomes to me, the market recovered overnight with the Iran event

this... not so much

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: weirdguy

Is this their “cure” I saw on Twitter, I hope it works but it looks like it needs additional studies that blind the healthcare personnel and the patient to the treatment protocol while randomizing patients and ruling out bias and underlying issues. If it does work it is a great target for an antibody drug. There is also the ethics of taking time to perform a legitimate study in that chaotic environment. I hope they get some solid data, the faster we find a treatment protocol the better.

I'm not sure about that "cure" lol. There are a number of more recent reports of the HIV meds being studied on MERS coronavirus. I'll hunt some down and post.

link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Someone posted an article on here about Chinese exchange students fro m Wuhan were put in hotels because their host families were concerned. Instead of attending school they're able to visit tourist destinations!

A hotel!! Everyone who gets infected goes home to infect everyone else in their cities.

edit on 26-1-2020 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Bicent

This guy is live, gathering live data and summarizing , if you guys wanna get caught up on current events. I am off for a bit to watch my tv shows.

no offense but there are way more affected, way way more and that has been reported over and over

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

If the Virus spreads as fast as this thread moves we're all in trouble.😳😜

SARS infected ~8100 & killed around 775 over 9 month period.
Corona over 2800 infected & 80 dead (that we know of) in less than 2 weeks!!

* Alot of these new cases are people who traveled from Wuhan.
* 5 million left Wuhan before travel restrictions imposed.
* What about all those 11mil who live there???

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: Dolby_X

I am not familiar with Chinese culture

Yeah, husband's company has had the usual difficulty with reports from regular contacts because of the holiday. It lasts like a week, and they are only available for limited times this time of year. Doesn't make them any less demanding though.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

yeah well apparently 5 million people were able to leave wuhan before they locked the city down so the numbers we have are essentially meaningless even if they are real

My question would be why? Why did 5 million people leave one city? If that is correct, and it’s a big if, then surely it goes beyond visiting friends and family for the Lunar Festival. That’s people getting the F*** out of Dodge. And so the box is wide open and we all stare into the abyss. Some small studies now suggesting a 15% mortality rate. CCP leadership left for an island. We can ALL complete that equation.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
a reply to: texasgirl

If the Virus spreads as fast as this thread moves we're all in trouble.😳😜

SARS infected ~8100 & killed around 775 over 9 month period.
Corona over 2800 infected & 80 dead (that we know of) in less than 2 weeks!!

* Alot of these new cases are people who traveled from Wuhan.
* 5 million left Wuhan before travel restrictions imposed.
* What about all those 11mil who live there???

When the mayor of Wuhan said 5 million left, was he talking about temporary people like visitors or regular residents who ran? Ih the latter, no wonder the place looks like a ghost town in that earlier video. That's half the populace noping on out.

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join