It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 229
<< 226  227  228    230  231  232 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I think what Doc Cottrell says is that IF you survive the virus your immune system will not function with the next simple flu and you will die because your T cells are not working anymore.

If true, I am not a medical expert at all, this would mean the Wuflu is even deadlier then we assume.

Dear God please let me be wrong.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Just took a gander at the traffic cams in Hong kong
streets are deserted
eerie
edit on 1-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: Necrose

originally posted by: Power_Semi
What do we predict the "official" numbers will be for China later?

They seem to me have reached the capacity for tsting so numbers aren't climbing as much.

I predict they'll say 13,972 confirmed and 305 dead - or there abouts.

Even lower, if they "ran out" of testing kits, they have to be "ran out" more than they were yesterday

Reached capacity in how many tests they can do per day, not capacity in they used all the kits.

Both assumptions are just that...assumptions, there are no actual facts or verifiable information so both statements are equally correct or incorrect as of now.

But, I pretty much agree with your estimates, I would say around 13600-ish confirmed, roughly 200 dead, give or take.
If we were following any projected doomsday scenario we would be looking at either 16.5k or 24k (depending on the projection) ...and that definitely is NOT the case.
....yeah yeah, I know we can't trust the official report, but we don't have any other source of information so we can't make up random figures ourselves and pretend it's better than what Chinese officials give us.

Well on the basis that the mayor of Wuhan said on Tuesday that they can't do many more than 300 tests per day it's not an assumption at all. It is a fact.

And on that factual basis the fact that the numbers of confirmed cases is static at about 2000 - 2100 per day means it's pretty much a fact that the real numbers are in fact much higher and following the projections rather than the "official" numbers.
edit on -06:0020206America/ChicagoSat, 01 Feb 2020 15:55:50 -0600_stAmerica/Chicago0255 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
For anyone who must fly, here is an interesting article from National Geographic about the safest seats to sit in.

Some interesting quotes:

Choosing a window seat and staying put clearly lowers your likelihood of coming into contact with an infectious disease.

The story changes if the ill person is a crew member. Because flight attendants spend much more time walking down the aisle and interacting with passengers, they are more likely to have additional—and longer—close encounters. As the study stated, a sick crew member has a probability of infecting 4.6 passengers, “thus, it is imperative that flight attendants not fly when they are ill.”

Yes, never mind the infected passengers and the WHO two-aisle rule... the attendants are traveling around the whole plane and in contact with just about everyone as they hand out refreshments.

www.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Why no Tweets from Russia ?

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ahamarlin

I think what Doc Cottrell says is that IF you survive the virus your immune system will not function with the next simple flu and you will die because your T cells are not working anymore.

If true, I am not a medical expert at all, this would mean the Wuflu is even deadlier then we assume.

Dear God please let me be wrong.
Perfect bio-weapon. Guaranteed death within a year or 2 for anyone who gets the virus of the target group/s

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Just found this Tweet Med worker with gun

another one

edit on 2/1/2020 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/1/2020 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Google chinese police car and you find same logo on cars. Those are police officers not medical crew

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Just found this Tweet Med worker with gun
Cant access it. can you post the content

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
BNO update:

1,921 new cases and 45 new deaths in Hubei province, China. source

edit on 1-2-2020 by Ch1m3ra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Not sure how but the tweets are from This guy

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ch1m3ra

45 deaths in Hubei province yesterday too...

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Yea, first thing I noticed how China is blacked-out. No surprise I guess.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Has this been posted yet ?body's

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Leeyum

Almost as if...noo, the CCP would not lie to the world.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I would not believe anything from the guy who posted video of police officers and claimed them to be medical crew..

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This is getting worse...

www.livescience.com...

The article says a German man contracted nCoV from a Chinese man who what not even developed symptoms. Two other Germans that work in the same factory who had no direct contact with the Chinese man also got infected.

That means the virus is being passed around not as much as an infectious disease but a contagion.

Again, more fuel to the “bio engineering” angle.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

here's a couple of screenshots;

pasteboard.co...

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Here. I will post this again. It talks about the German incident at length with diagrams to map out the timeline. I posted this pages back, but I'll pop it up again. The part about Germany is at the end, but there is interesting and useful information all throughout.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The Pentagon is preparing bases to hold as many as 1,000 people in quarantine. This is just the beginning and I imagine there will be a trickle effect in how they announce each day or so about how they will increase this amount.

The Pentagon is preparing military facilities to, if necessary, quarantine up to 1,000 people returning to the US from overseas to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus that originated in Wuhan, China, the Department of Defense revealed Saturday.

www.google.ca...< br />
At least the US is preparing. Canada is still just letting people through the doors and acting as if nothing is wrong.

top topics

<< 226  227  228    230  231  232 >>

join