It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 227
<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
In Beijing official announcements that all universities have closed until further notice have been sent to students. They instructed students to stay home. Anyone in dorms at universities are on lockdown except to get food. My wife’s niece got the message just now in her email and social media. She’s with her family in another city nearby and should have returned to school this coming Monday.

When asked about return dates or studying online they replied no return date known and studying online is being looked into.

The no return date is scary. All the other return dates across China I’ve seen are between Feb 9 and March 2. Is this a new twist?

First link on Twitter from Nepal Times

Nepali Times Twitter
edit on 1-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Add link

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

FWIW wife says this news is all over WeChat for a few days but she sees no actual source. No one in her family has it thankfully.

Her uncle has been forcefully warned from talking about arrest and deaths on WeChat. He is well connected to the old school anti party people and progressive elements of CCP. We have to relay through cousins now to talk to him indirectly. We may resort to codes.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
@BNODesk

BREAKING: Huanggang, a city of 6 million people near Wuhan, bans people from leaving their home in effort to stop coronavirus; 1 person per family can leave every other day to buy basic needs
twitter.com...

Wonder how that would work out in large US cities.?

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Infected can get re-infected, interesting and terrifying

i'm wondering if cancelling the super bowl would be the prudent thing to do
assuming each infected case has 4 undiagnosed carriers.

Pneumonia is not something to take lightly,and obvious unknown long-term effect of this

My heart goes out to the voiceless Chinese isolated in their homes enduring and suffering alone
Absolute hero's.
edit on 1-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
“ Wear your mask.”
“No. Fight me.”

Twitter

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hong Kong medical staff went on strike effective Monday due to lack of travel ban by govt.

Twitter

Announced 9pm Saturday night Hong Kong time. Their spokeswoman in tears. Sad.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
“ Wear your mask.”
“No. Fight me.”

Twitter

Everybody was Kung-fu fighting
These kids were as fast as lightning

Seriously now, apparently it was published by Nonghua News, so it could have taken place in Beijing, which makes it a bit more understandable considering the location.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

That Twitter you just posted I was going through his videos. I really hope she was just fighting back

I've seen a few videos of tremors floating around. I'm hoping she was just resisting arrest.

Edit seems on a different be tweet people think she was just resisting be detained.
edit on 1-2-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

LOL. Sacrifice billions in revenue. Never.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I been keeping eye Nepal last few days since one infected there, yet it has not changed from that.

Nepal population density is 184 / km²
China population density Is 140,6 / km²

Nepal land area is 147181km²
China land are is 9596961 km²

Nepal population 30 986 975

How this virus seems to infect so much more in China ? I find this odd ...

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

originally posted by: all2human

LOL. Sacrifice billions in revenue. Never.

But if the cancel the Super Bowl, then how will "they" spread the virus to a massive group of American citizens all at the same time? Sounds like the script to a bad action movie!

Rev

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
not sure if posted before, skipped a few pages lately.

Apple is closing ALL stores, corporate offices, and contact centers in China due to Coronavirus through Feb. 9, company says in statement.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Mateo96

It’s most likely northern China coz the accents sound like that. Wife not handy to check she’s good at that.

Could be Beijing and the little tuhao there are known for this kind of behavior.

Tuhao = rich person with no manners, spoiled rude rich kids

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Ya that’s an unknown I am trying to figure out. It’s almost like there might be two viruses or forms of it. Something is strange over there, and I don’t think we know what’s really going on...

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
No Mahjiang for you!

Twitter

Wow, police taking it up a few notches. But smashing their mahjiang table that’s just rude.

It’s real and recent within last week or so.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Wow! Getting angry becouse of Mahjiang , crazy ..

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

it should be renamed as strange Wu-Hu virus or something

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Biotech companies working on coronavirus vaccines:
Moderna
CureVac
Inovio
Johnson & Johnson
NovaVax
VaxArt
...etc.

Here's What Biotech Companies Are Doing to Combat The Coronavirus

Biotech company Moderna is testing a vaccine that uses a patient's own messenger RNA — a nucleic acid that translates genetic code into proteins. The vaccine concept has already been proven in the flu and another infection called cytomegalovirus, or CMV, Carr said.

Further, privately held competitor CureVac has announced its plan to develop a vaccine against this form of the coronavirus, Carr said. Similarly, Inovio Pharmaceuticals (INO) received a grant from the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations to test a DNA-based vaccine.

Vaccine programs are also underway at Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), Novavax (NVAX) and Vaxart (VXRT), he said. Vaccine technology has advanced markedly over the years. But Carr doubts these efforts will make much of an impact on the coronavirus.

So, Johnson & Johnson's SkunkWorks is in Leiden, the Netherlands. Immunity from US federal laws.

Johnson & Johnson on Wednesday unveiled its “multi-pronged” response that includes a vaccine R&D effort in a "skunkworks" in the Netherlands, according to Chief Scientific Officer Paul Stoffels. It's also testing whether existing medicines could tackle the novel virus and donating antiviral drugs to Chinese hospitals.

Fierce Pharma

J&J and others used similar platforms to create an Ebola vaccine and deliver two million doses to West Africa in less than six months. The company also has used the platforms to create vaccines for HIV and Zika.

The company is conducting its Wuhan coronavirus research in Leiden, in the Netherlands. Stoffels spoke to The Inquirer from Leiden after addressing scientists at its labs.

The Philadelphia Inquirer

source

Oklahoma Wins Case Against Drugmaker in Historic Opioid Trial
Johnson & Johnson, whose SkunkWorks R&D team is developing a coronavirus vaccine, is central in the opioid crisis. August last year, Oklahoma won a historic 572 million dollar suit against them for their role in the state's opioid epidemic.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I’m seeing a graphic on Twitter occasionally, can’t find it now. It shows that the virus has mutated with many variants in China each named for a city or area.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What do we predict the "official" numbers will be for China later?

They seem to me have reached the capacity for tsting so numbers aren't climbing as much.

I predict they'll say 13,972 confirmed and 305 dead - or there abouts.

top topics

<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join