It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: tanstaafl

Our bodies run on sugar, I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t have evolved to slowly die from its primary fuel. There are areas that sugars could bind to on the outer layer of the virus. It makes the body think it’s naturally occurring until the immune cells recognize it as a threat.

Also just got an email that N95 masks are unavailable until further notice at work, if they are needed, use positive air pressure respirators.

Our bodies run on glucose, not sugar.

Sugar is sucrose, fruit sugar is fructose, then you have lactose, etc.

Sucrose is not glucose.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
There's a poll on MSN this morning about the coronavirus: (546,000 polled)

1. Are you concerned the virus outbreak in China will spread in the US?
24% very concerned
52% somewhat concerned
22% not concerned

2. Do you trust the US has a solid plan in place to prevent an outbreak?
29% yes
59% no

3. Do you trust that China is doing their best to prevent the coronavirus from spreading further?
24% yes
65% no

I think it's really interesting that there's a lack of trust in the US. Not surprised that barely anyone believes China.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I want to run my own poll.

1) Don't you think that "2019 novel corona-virus" is BORING?

2) Should we rename it to "Hong Kong Fluey, no.1 Super Virus"?

I think it's far more catchy and in our dumbed down societies will probably have more chance of getting people's attention.

It's already got a ready made catchy tune, which will save time and money.
edit on -06:0020204America/ChicagoThu, 30 Jan 2020 07:46:33 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0146 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Thanks!

I am very baffled as to why the Canadian government can’t locate most of the passengers on that flight. I am trying to think what information you provide when you buy a ticket. Phone number? Passport?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

barely anyone?

except that 1/4 of the society that are total morons?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

I think it's far more catchy and in our dumbed down societies will probably have more chance of getting people's attention.

I think "Wu-Flu" is catchy, being as it started in Wuhan.
edit on 30-1-2020 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: fleabit

I’m not sure either it does say key group of patients.

Exactly. Again, we have zero details.

How many of the confirmed cases get no symptoms before recovery? Very light cold-like systems, then recover? Normal flu like symptoms for a few days then recover?

Until we see details like this, we know absolutely nothing.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Glucose is a simple sugar though

and is the most abundant sugar available

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

It's what your cells eat - not sucrose.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

I think "Wu-Flu" is catchy, being as it started in Wuhan.

I was thinking kung flu, but we need something catchy.

I just think they've got the marketing all wrong.

Catchy jingle, catchy name - Hong Kong Fluey - that's my no.1 choice.
edit on -06:0020204America/ChicagoThu, 30 Jan 2020 07:53:32 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0153 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Glucose, one of a group of carbohydrates known as simple sugars, a major free sugar found in the blood of higher animals. Glucose is sugar, if you diabetic and need boost your glucose levels you eat carbohydrates ( carbs include sugar ) which turns in your system to glucose ). Glucose is also in grapes.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
13 people on Japans flight were showing symptoms? yikes
www.fliegerfaust.com... ent=FliegerFaust

A Japanese official says 13 of 210 evacuees who returned from the virus-hit Chinese city of Wuhan to Tokyo had cough, fever or other health issues and are expected to be sent to designated hospitals.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga says Japan is negotiating to evacuate some 300 more citizens and their families from Wuhan as early as Thursday.

Shigeru Omi, the former regional director for the World Health Organization who now heads Japan Community Health Care Organization, said that two evacuees who tested positive for the virus without showing any symptoms could have spread the disease further. He urged Japanese health authorities to step up surveillance measures based on that assumption.

13 people on the flight are showing symptoms, 2 were not showing symptoms and were infected.

Whats the chances the entire planes now infected? and Japans has imported it in...

madness

One thing I've notice so far is that people are not in panic mode. But many of the drug stores now are sold out of "flu type " mask. Not sure if they really are of any use with this virus. Wife was able to get 2 boxes with 60 each in tonight.
I got a feeling members here on the forum might start sending me pm's for me to buy mask. We live south of Hiroshima so I think mask are still going to be available. Not so expensive at the moment.
But I just notice 5 kilos of rice just went up 300 yen.
Going out tomorrow to buy 3 10 kilo bags of rice and a few cases of water. Did buy a lot of can sardines and pasta. Going to stock up. Do I feel its necessary, well to be honest with you all here, yes. A few years ago we had bad weather and a very poor rice harvest. Panic happened and rice was no where to be found. We ended up importing rice from Korea and Thailand. So yes, got to be prepared for this one. If the trucking industry comes to a standstill, Japan too will be toast.
People work at the gas stations and fall ill, no employees , no gas, that is how it all will began. Luckily we got the ocean and river to hopefully get some food from. We also have tons of small family gardens everywhere here, but if people start leaving the big cities, well, I think you all know the story. And yes, we don't have guns.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

barely anyone?

I wouldn't say morons. Just uninformed. The mainstream news isn't exactly crying wolf over this and the WHO is praising China over being transparent.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I have 2 large dogs, a Siberian Husky, and a large Golden Retriever. The golden standard is about 75lb. He comes in at 106lb. He is a big boy. A sweetheart, but would defend us for sure.

Several guns, nothing huge cal., but plenty of ammo.

I also have a frozen seed bank, and 5 acres.

Neighbors know nothing, and it will stay that way.

edit on 30-1-2020 by MrRCflying because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

barely anyone?

I wouldn't say morons. Just uninformed. The mainstream news isn't exactly crying wolf over this and the WHO is praising China over being transparent.

anyone who is an adult and believes mainstream news while having access to the internet, isn't exactly bright.

when people are too lazy to think for themselves, morons is what you call them.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

edit on 30-1-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

It's what your cells eat - not sucrose.

You did say in your previous post that Glucos is what your body runs on , not sugar

but Glucose is the simplest sugar known to man and your body uses it for everything

Sorry to nitpick

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Singapore confirms three more cases, all Chinese nationals, bringing total to 13

The Ministry of Health (MOH) has confirmed three more cases of the Wuhan coronavirus in Singapore, bringing the total number of cases here to 13. In a press release today, the MOH said that the three new confirmed cases are all Chinese nationals from Wuhan who had travelled to Singapore. “There is currently no evidence of community spread in Singapore,” said the MOH. The 11th case is a 31-year-old female Chinese national from Wuhan who arrived in Singapore on Jan 22. She was a travelling companion of the fourth confirmed case here, who was a 36-year-old male Chinese national.

Seems to me that a lot of chinese have spread this virus around the world and its getting worse, not better as some people have said.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

barely anyone?

anyone who is an adult and believes mainstream news while having access to the internet, isn't exactly bright.

when people are too lazy to think for themselves, morons is what you call them.

You are entitled to your opinion. Most of my friends are so busy with working and raising their kids that they're too tired at the end of the day to do any research. But I'm working on informing them, without sounding like a nutty conspiracy theorist.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
How to protect yourself from virus

Noticed they mentioned rub your hands with soap for 20 second, as a nurse when seeing patient which has superbacteria/virus is recommened to wash your hands approxiamately 5 minutes and dry them completely with paper tissue and after that use hand disinfectan, rub disinfectan to your hands as long as it takes to dry completely.

hmm. not just wash and go

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join