It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 152
<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dslayer
a reply to: weirdguy

I waited for that live stream yesterday and it was a bit of a wet blanket, they did imply there may be some kind of announcement at the following conference, but spent a lot more time praising China's response and transparency.

Politics is more important than lives.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dslayer
a reply to: weirdguy

I waited for that live stream yesterday and it was a bit of a wet blanket, they did imply there may be some kind of announcement at the following conference, but spent a lot more time praising China's response and transparency.

I missed that conference but heard about it at work. WHO have been pretty slack on this matter.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
That's the numbers right now

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
Just a heads up for the WHO press conference coming up soon (maybe) in 1 1/2 hours time.

The Emergency Committee on the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) under the International Health Regulations (IHR 2005) will be reconvened by the World Health Organization Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus on Thursday, 30 January.

The meeting is planned to start at 13:30 Geneva time.

At yesterdays press conference WHO stated it will be likely to announce a global emergency. Kind of goes without saying

Just checked the local info here in Europe,
the meeting will start in about one hour, but the press conference will be much later, around 19.30 local time, so in about 7 hours

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

I imagine if the guy from Birmingham turns out to be positive, then logically, you'd have to assume it is definitely here already since he openly admitted to going to work, out shopping etc. He came back on the 31st December and didn't go to see his GP until Monday 27th - when he admitted to being in Wuhan over the Christmas period.

I have mixed feelings about this too, first, he comes back from Wuhan feeling ill with flu-like symptoms and for at least part of his illness, carries on his usual routine of work, going out etc but surely he must have put 2 & 2 together and thought, "Hold on, I've potentially bought this back with me"

Then on the other hand, he claimed to be over the worst of it and likened it to a bad case of flu - in which case, ( at least for him ) this would suggest the body can cope with it as it does with the usual flu cycle where a bit of rest and self medication will suffice.

Very irresponsible though either way, I can't believe for one minute he was oblivious to the outbreak. And yes, you'd think in an isolated case such as this, blood tests / results etc would have been a formality and would have been done with by now

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

That's good news then. I must have totally missed that, I didn't even know anyone in Scotland were tested. Any idea how much time passed between them being suspected and ultimately cleared?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Audiokat
a reply to: sapien82

That's good news then. I must have totally missed that, I didn't even know anyone in Scotland were tested. Any idea how much time passed between them being suspected and ultimately cleared?

It might be too cold in Scotland for it to survive?

Or it's scared of Nicola Sturgeon.

I know I am.
edit on -06:0020204America/ChicagoThu, 30 Jan 2020 06:05:37 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0105 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I think Finland is colder right now and they have it

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

edit on 30-1-2020 by WeAllWait because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Russia closed borders with China. Links easily found.

Italy quarantines cruise ships, 6000 passengers on the boats. The ppl not allowed off the boats. Details vary by source, easy to find links.

Scary factor goes up by 2.

More interesting China said no to Thailand and others getting their people. I really really think with them also refusing outside help there is a doomsday vibe going on. Maybe those Thai people know and have seen things they’d rather not have shared.

I haven’t posted the more crazy stuff I see on WeChat and Twitter. Some of that is coincidentally supporting a doomsday scenario.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

I think Finland is colder right now and they have it

Maybe Buckfast is an antidote then - Buckfast aka "wreck the hoos juice" (hoos being the Scottish pronunciation of house).

Aka "Cumbernauld rocket fuel" and a bottle of "what the hell are you looking at".

Or deep fried mars bars.
edit on -06:0020204America/ChicagoThu, 30 Jan 2020 06:29:11 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0129 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I think we need to look into the effects of buckfast tonic wine as a cure if us scots are not coming down with the virus

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Russia closed borders with China. Links easily found.

Italy quarantines cruise ships, 6000 passengers on the boats. The ppl not allowed off the boats. Details vary by source, easy to find links.

Scary factor goes up by 2.

More interesting China said no to Thailand and others getting their people. I really really think with them also refusing outside help there is a doomsday vibe going on. Maybe those Thai people know and have seen things they’d rather not have shared.

I haven’t posted the more crazy stuff I see on WeChat and Twitter. Some of that is coincidentally supporting a doomsday scenario.

Yeah maybe China refusing to let people leave is to control the flow of information.

"everything is wonderful in the paradise that is the Peoples Republic of China"

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: zeetroyman

I think we need to look into the effects of buckfast tonic wine as a cure if us scots are not coming down with the virus

Amazingly my local shop here is not so sunny West Yorkshire sells Bucky.

I asked him if he was trying to wreck the village.

Maybe he's a sauvant - maybe I'll go and buy some.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Coronavirus track map for the UK maphub.net... though updates are not as regular.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Malaysia confirms first death, no links yet but fRom multiple ppl on Twitter.

Philippines super freaked out about first death. Pictures of crowded pharmacies easily found. People on social media openly ripping into President Duterte. Lots of calls for travel bans.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Company email a few minutes ago asking for mask donations to be sent to china the middle of next week. No money just mask because China doesn't have any mask left. They want to send 10,000 , Good times ahead.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

This is the first person I have heard about dying from it outside of China. [EDIT: 22 yrs old]

edit on 30-1-2020 by Audiokat because: edit

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Company email a few minutes ago asking for mask donations to be sent to china the middle of next week. No money just mask because China doesn't have any mask left. They want to send 10,000 , Good times ahead.

Yea, great! Send them all the masks, then when we need them there will be none to find. I feel for their plight, but you have to watch out for you and your own too.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

I think you'd be better served to keep those masks for yourselves - not sure how effective just masks will be, but better to have it than not have it.

top topics

<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join