It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 151
<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   

BREAKING: Russia closes border with China in its Far East due to #coronavirus outbreak

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Are there any papers around, that anyone is aware of, that determine, or not, any link between R0 and mutability?.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Samsung Electronics extends holiday closure for 'some production facilities' in China

Sounds very vague, but id assume Samsung has closed all non essential factories.

It makes you wonder about China's ability to mass produce, their sweat shops could shut down, products in Western Stores could run out and prices increases..

What happens when all is said and done to the Chinese Government? something of this magnitude normally has political ramifications. There is a lot of anger in China where people are talking out against the communities that eat bats/mice/rats and the live trade. Imagine if the Chinese youth revolted and forced the government out? Hong Kong would follow suit..

amazing times we're living in.
[snipped]

edit on 30/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Jan 30 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: no place for that here.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
mainland Chinese cities lockdown pattern illustration:

multimedia.scmp.com...
edit on 30-1-2020 by WeAllWait because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gps777
At least with this style of home barricade you`d be able to get supplies delivered by family or friends I guess, though I doubt the authorities care.

5-minutes with a hacksaw in between those two bars he would be out. The videos of homes being barricaded is the most distressing thing I've seen about this outbreak so far. I can only guess the hospitals are full so they have resorted to these extreme measures and of course the people inside won't be receiving any medical help whatsoever. Totally inhumane and a very scary development if true.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

Just one example , cistus incanus tea...i buyed this one from amazon de :

cistus incanus

I get back later with other stuff..

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Just one example , cistus incanus tea...i buyed this one from amazon de :

cistus incanus

I get back later with other stuff..

Thanks for the link

Been a bit of a health freak for years and years! Did daily doses of herbs, supperfoods, even made Golden Lotus each day,.... guess what? I got cancer! Been one year today since I had surgery, which got rid of it all.
So these days I just eat normal healthy, lost a lot of my beliefs in alternative medicine....

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAllWait

I believe it has been fairly well covered already that it did not start in the market, that is just one theory.

13 of the 41 cases had no link to the marketplace.

And the potential first illness reported early December had no link to the market place

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Wonder how long the world economy will last with this going on, China makes most of the "stuff" people "need".

A global recession is coming. Analysts and economists had already spend much of 2019 predicting a downturn for this year. But with the added risk factor of a global pandemic, things could take a steep nosedive very quickly

A Global Recession is Coming if China Fails to Kill Coronavirus Spread

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Has anyone from the UK heard anything since they took the guy from Birmingham into hospital? I believe it was either Monday or possibly Tuesday when they came for him and the papers said he was awaiting results from blood tests but there's been absolutely nothing on this story since, no updates on whether it's a confirmed case or not.

The WC map still shows 'suspected cases' across UK but never any progress on that. How long does it take to take someones blood and test it for the virus?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Sorry to hear about the cancer, but really good they removed it.

I would not be so harsh on alternative....sure i would avoid all herbs from China becouse of pollution , and use organic products generally. I think everyone can no days get cancer, becouse of the toxic environment , and nutrient depletion .

The society itself cause cancer, by design.....

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   

An 81-year-old father and his 52-year-old daughter, both of whom did not travel to Wuhan or make contact with infected individuals, have been found to have the novel #coronavirus, said Wu Jinglei, the director of the Shanghai Municipal Health Commission.

its china so they probably dont know they interacted with an infected person...

but its being claimed as further evidence of human to human

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Audiokat
Has anyone from the UK heard anything since they took the guy from Birmingham into hospital? I believe it was either Monday or possibly Tuesday when they came for him and the papers said he was awaiting results from blood tests but there's been absolutely nothing on this story since, no updates on whether it's a confirmed case or not.

The WC map still shows 'suspected cases' across UK but never any progress on that. How long does it take to take someones blood and test it for the virus?

No it's all gone quiet.

In China it was taking I think about 2 days to get results back early on, but if it takes 2 days with a couple of hundred tests to do, then assuming they have the resources in terms of equipment, staff, supplies, etc - well once you shove 2000 tests into the lab it's inevitably going to take longer and longer to get results back, since you can't manufacture more time.

You'd hope the UK with very few cases to test would have answers fast, and you'd think if he was negative that they'd say it quickly, so...

...either we're struggling to do the tests in less than a few days, or he's positive and they're trying to work out how to break the news without creating panic.

EDIT - I predict we'll have the first confirmed case in the UK by tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.
edit on -06:0020204America/ChicagoThu, 30 Jan 2020 05:00:49 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0100 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
As of right now the current number being reported from an SCMP tracker:

7912 infected, 170 dead.

Tracker

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Just a heads up for the WHO press conference coming up soon (maybe) in 1 1/2 hours time.

The Emergency Committee on the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) under the International Health Regulations (IHR 2005) will be reconvened by the World Health Organization Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus on Thursday, 30 January.

The meeting is planned to start at 13:30 Geneva time.

At yesterdays press conference WHO stated it will be likely to announce a global emergency. Kind of goes without saying

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAllWait
As of right now the current number being reported from an SCMP tracker:

7912 infected, 170 dead.

Tracker

If you take the 170 dead and add to that the serious & critical cases (assuming that it takes time for the disease to progress from mild to serious to critical, and that less people have recovered than have died), then it comes out at almost 20% of people become seriously ill or worse.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   
double post - sorry
edit on -06:0020204America/ChicagoThu, 30 Jan 2020 05:03:55 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0103 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Audiokat

the cases in Scotland all turned out to be negative

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Clearly then, deep fried pizza represents a likely cure.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

I waited for that live stream yesterday and it was a bit of a wet blanket, they did imply there may be some kind of announcement at the following conference, but spent a lot more time praising China's response and transparency.

new topics

top topics

<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join