It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congrats, Virginia. Your governor and legislature are setting aside money to lock up gun owners.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
You will see precedent out of this situation. There are a few groups already lining up to smack it down. It obviously unconsititutional on many counts. VA will stand up and solve this without violence, because that's the way a lot of folks there are...there is no need to involve any crazy armed insurrection. Calmly escalate your case through the courts and use the case precedence at hand to win.

Am curious where the funding will go after this fails? Does it go to their local private prison that come to find out is heavily invested in by that towns pensions? So like if they get paid ahead for this they keep it and kick back a portion on the back side later through the usual BS methods.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: dfnj2015

I like Trump. I think he's great !

Seriously, if the We The People of Virginia stand for this ….it's their own fault.

Unfortunately, when this expression was coined, the government did not have vastly superior fire power. You have your shotgun. The government has Daisy Cutter bombs. Who do you think is going to win?

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Am curious where the funding will go after this fails? Does it go to their local private prison that come to find out is heavily invested in by that towns pensions? So like if they get paid ahead for this they keep it and kick back a portion on the back side later through the usual BS methods.

You may be on to something.

1. Propose a highly unconstitutional law.
2. Provide "funding" to enable unconstitutional law.
3. Unconstitutional law gets rescinded.
4. Everyone still keeps the funding.

I wonder how often this happens. You have civil servants making barely 6 figures a year, yet they leave after a few years as millionaires.
edit on 29-12-2019 by DBCowboy because: Network dude has great beer

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

quick quiz. If the government was to "come after the people", would it be easier for them if

a. the people were armed

or

b. the people were disarmed

I'd wager even you could score well on this test.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If the government wants to take away your firearms, it's probably because they intend to do something that would cause you to use them.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

and if you still had them, they might not come house to house as they would if you weren't armed.

See for some, logic isn't a dead science. Well played sir.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Seriously, if the We The People of Virginia stand for this ….it's their own fault.

Unfortunately, when this expression was coined, the government did not have vastly superior fire power. You have your shotgun. The government has Daisy Cutter bombs. Who do you think is going to win?
I love when you willingly bend over and grab your ankles with a wink, your rebuttals are legendary.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Virginia has pretty loose gun laws, if you are breaking them then you probably do need some form of intervention.

Let's get the irresponsible gun owners off of the streets, so that they can't spoil it for everybody else.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The government has Daisy Cutter bombs.

In the hands of the US Air Force.
You did know the US military cannot allow a violation of the Constitution , yes ?
And can deny any order on grounds that it would.
No , you did not.
FYI - it's in the military oath.

Denying ignorance.
Why ?
Some folks don't know that they don't know.

edit on 12/29/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

The government can't function without people or their taxes... They can't most likely wouldn't use crazy firepower on the people, too much collateral damage, we only do that to those we occupy.

But let's say there was such a period of unrest, the government had to deploy the military. Utter chaos would ensue. I'd rather be armed in such an event.
edit on 29-12-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

You did know the US military cannot allow a violation of the Constitution , yes ?
No , you did not.

Denying ignorance.
Why ?

You shouldent feed the trolls it helps them grow

We all know the military would never be deployed in a civil war even the troll knows this

The more everyone ignores trolls the smaller they get tell they just go away back to reddit where they come from

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Virginia has pretty loose gun laws, if you are breaking them then you probably do need some form of intervention.

Let's get the irresponsible gun owners off of the streets, so that they can't spoil it for everybody else.

Might want to actually read up on what’s coming down the pike for Virginia, since that’s the whole point of the discussion.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

This is really one of the absolute weakest arguments for taking guns from the the public one could possibly try to advance. First, it categorically dismisses what we’ve seen people with small arms do time and again to the most advanced military in the world. Second, it reeks of “oh well, why bother?” If that’s your attitude when it comes to your rights then so be it. It’s a pathetic attitude, but you’re welcome to it.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Yes it is historically proven on hundreds of occasions that a small guerilla force with small arms can destabilize a larger well equipped military contingent.

And with the knowledge, real combat experience, and creativity of We the People - it would be the most devastating insurgency ever in history.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Do the Crime, Do the Time

Um...true, but the Constitution supercedes state and local laws. It doesn't work the way it should most of the time, but technically, the state can not consider a crime something that is a Constitutionally guaranteed right.

It will take arrests, confiscations and subsequent court cases to uphold the Constitution. The most likely outcome to Virginia's laws and any subsequent enforcement is an eventual overturning by the Supreme Court.

Much like how Iowa's attemp to outlaw gay marriage resulted in the state becoming one of the first legal gay marriage states, this will backfire on VA's anti-Second Amendment politicians.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

So Ill say this really slow...how....long....have...we...been...fighting...the...Taliban? How long did it take to secure Iraq?

If they want to keep the land viable, do you suppose they would decimate it?

Such shallow observational skills.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

There may be those in temporary power (like in the shadows for
around 100+ years (THAT crew), who would likely feel no compunction
over ruling a green ashtray with 330 million or so little ash piles that
used to be US. Refer to Eric Wallswel's recent nuke-the-gun-owners blurb.

It looks like they already from behavior, dancing around in DU, have no problem
with big time nuclear decay issues. I watched some of these guys/gals touring
recent battlefields with some pretty hot dust:
they probably know better, or besides have drugs we sure don't.
r/
I'm starting to internalize an attitude that may have been the one thought
to go through many a patriot's head --- before the bullet, gamma burst,
whatever: 'WTF, dead's better than here.' So just poof me off that little
puddle of iron and smelt yourself a robot that obeys your sick asses.
Oh wait, all us troublesome carbon pods are already getting replaced. r/

PS It's also been discussed around here that maybe the only way to really,
totally obliterate an immortal soul is by close-up nuclear fission/fusion.
I suppose the process causes a spacetime rip and the poor bastid gets
sucked into another never-never land dimension. THAT is beginning to
look really tasty and like a big double win:
1:final absolute peace & 2: NO a-holes.
edit on 29-12-2019 by derfreebie because: Molon Larry Moe Curly

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

No , you did not.

Denying ignorance.
Why ?

Correct. Its in the oath to oppose all enemies foreign and domestic. Any order given to the military to do harm to American citizens it falls under this.
edit on 29-12-2019 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

I like your attitude hehe

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The governor has no plans to involve the national guard
in his plan for gun control...
The rumors that I heard is because the governor intends
to use UN troops instead of the national guard to enforce
gun confiscation.