It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congrats, Virginia. Your governor and legislature are setting aside money to lock up gun owners.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The Daily Caller ran a piece highlighting an item in the new budget for Virginia coming out of the legislature that designates extra money for

“increase in the operating cost of adult correctional facilities resulting from the enactment”
of the recently enacted anti-gun legislation. Doing some digging, one can only come to the conclusion that the Virginia department of corrections believes that they will see an increased operating cost thanks to this legislation, they asked for more money, and they got it.

A spokesperson for the governor recently stated the governor has “no plans” to involve the national guard in his plans for gun control (evidently confiscation by force is still on the table since Northam hasn’t walked that back at all), he certainly isn’t backing down on his aggressive gun control agenda. Northam’s aggressive push is equally aggressively funded by multiple anti-gun groups who continue to outspend the NRA in its own backyard, so I wouldn’t expect ol’ Wayne to ride to the rescue, Virginians. He has trips to take on the donors’ dime.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Now if we could just set aside funds to lock up all the politicians.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Do the Crime, Do the Time

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

If only President Trump could somehow get rid of the Constitution so he could lock up the Democrats.

Or do you mean members of both parties?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I really am uninformed on this, but surely there is a lawsuit filed?

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: mtnshredder

If only President Trump could somehow get rid of the Constitution so he could lock up the Democrats.

Or do you mean members of both parties?

LOL, all while you cheer at the sh!tting on of the 2nd amendment. Typical.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I like Trump. I think he's great !

Seriously, if the We The People of Virginia stand for this ….it's their own fault.

edit on 28-12-2019 by DAVID64 because: because yourre a useless douche

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Virginia: we approve of Klan governance....so long as then Klansman is a Democrat...which goes without saying btw...

As a 7th generation Texan, I’ve long known Democrats and the Klan go together like peas and carrots...

Virginia is a joke...

-Chris

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

As I understand it, the bills in question either haven’t gone live yet or are still in the legislature. So in essence there’s nothing to file a lawsuit over yet, other than the obvious bad intentions of the government.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The budget increase was probably a good idea. Might not be the prisoners that the Governor wanted though.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I like Trump. I think he's great !

Low key hilarious.(it was a fitting response for those who are unfamiliar)

Usually I try to be civil... But I live in Virginia, so I'm not amused at people celebrating this.

You want to neuter your city? Cool, vote on it.

Don't make the whole state unbearable though. Some of us enjoy living in or near the wilderness and like to have our boom sticks.

I might be going to jail soon bois.... Kidding, kind of.
edit on 28-12-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
PERSONALLY, I don't have much confidence in the NRA. Granted, they have been a factor in many victories, but it seems to me that they are in the "soft compromise" mode and have been for decades to be frank.

Republican party, same sentiment. Wasn't long ago when they held sway in both the House and the Senate and they essentially did NOTHING to safeguard the 2nd Amendment.

Let's head over to the Supreme Court. A multitude of 2nd Amendment cases are not being addressed and that says a lot too.

Funds are being allocated in preparation to confiscate the Peoples means of personal, inherent protection which says to me that the citizenry is a JOKE to legislators. We are seen as weak and apathetic.

Okay so let's take a deep breathe and see this for what it is.....a litmus test, plain and simple. Its honestly about what they think they can get away with.

I don't like the word "hope" as it implies to having faith without action. "I 'hope' Virginians do what is COMPLETELY expected of the People when their governing body goes rogue." That word "hope" allows one to just see what happens instead of being involved with what happens.

Huge difference.

Fact of the matter is, we are THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA. Can you sit idly by and watch your fellow Americans be steamrolled by power grubbing usurper's hell bent on torching the Constitution, or are we as a populace really geared to enact the Peoples checks and balances?

Dig deep folks, it's a VERY serious question.

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Indeed.

Right up until the government changes the definition of what a crime is in order to infringe on people’s rights.

The notion that a handgun with a magazine of ten rounds is magically turned into an “assault weapon” overnight thanks to the stroke of a pen is so preposterously absurd it defies explanation.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Funny how they can "Resist" but when it comes to our God given,Constitutional RIGHTS to defend ourselves they want to play, huh?
Bring. It. On.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Funny how they can "Resist" but when it comes to our God given,Constitutional RIGHTS to defend ourselves they want to play, huh?
Bring. It. On.

Yea, most know I'm an independent, and am typically open to to discussion as long as someone is reciprocating...

But it's funny when you live somewhere and hear some sh*t like this. I know plenty of liberals in my area who are all for Bernie, and a lot of far left economic policies to come with it.... Go to their gun cabinet though and you'd think they're a Texan concervative.

Luckily, when I said joking kind of in my last post... It's because a vast majority of LEO in the state would be more likely to do the legwork for us on this. Not to say we wouldn't be happy to help water the trees so to speak though.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i really hope you survive this cull

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Disturbing. Probably a trial run. Get the 'kinks out' sort of thing.

I am leaning towards not actively going door to door in order to secure the safety of the good people of Virginia from Uncle Bob's 75 year old squirrel gun.

I am thinking more akin to bench warrants. You live in Virginia, bought a gun, and got an background check. Somewhere, some how you have met the criteria for some database. Next time you get pulled over is when you get asked about it.

Better yet. Ala Obamacare, the states revenue service is linked to said database. Want your tax refund back? You need to come clean on weapons purchases.

The whole thing stinks.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Yea, it does stink, and bad.

I think VA has had a decent mix of laws up until now.

Conceal you have to get a permit, but it's easy, cheap, and a 1 day course. But open carry is kosher, and I see it from time to time in the decent sized city I go to, which is moderate.

Also, if it's in a latched compartment of your car... You're good to go, even without a ccp.
edit on 28-12-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Those sound close to same rules in my state. I guess I can live with it that way.

However, the proposed legislation in VA? The whole vagueness of terms, no Grandfather clause, and the outright making a Constitutional right illegal for all intents and purposes? Nope.

I guess the Patriot Act and the death of the 4A didn't seem to bother enough Americans to make a difference. We'll see how this goes.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

*shrugs*

This is the left now.

They don't even lie any more about "not taking your guns".

They are anti-Constitution, anti-freedom, anti-American, authoritarian, fascists.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join