It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Queen's Speech.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Well my respect for the Queen Liz has gone up a few notches just now.

*Increased spending on the NHS budget.

*Point based systems for immigration/immigration reform

*Discounts for local first time home buyers

*Added protections for freedom of speech

*Increased standards of living

*Increased financial input to school budgets in State Schools

*Minimum 1GB Broadband speeds

There's more so feel free to add your points and opinions.

This has literally just happened so I can't post a video yet.

Thank you for your time.

Edit to add video;

edit on 19122019 by Wide-Eyes because: Vid

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

A few final gestures from an outbound monarch looking to be remembered for final acts instead of usual acts.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Final maybe but better late than never eh?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Look I am NOT a Royalist but Elizabeth is rather more of a Christian lady than many give her credit for being, she is and actually has been a very good head of state.

Despite not being a Monarchist (Well I am actually but Christ is my King) a head of state is an important safeguard and Elizabeth has actually been a very good head of state, if we had moved to being a republic and had a presidential head of state we may have had far more corruption in our government despite the notorious nature of the old boy network, corporation's would long ago have eroded our health service and in so many other way's the queen has acted as a necessary pressure and safety valve during her reign, as such despite lies and hatred against her around the globe I will defend her on this she has actually done a smashing job and will be missed.

And I am a center left (British left) political leaning person as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I agree.

Besides, I would expect her to clean up the place a little, with Brexit becoming very real.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I agree.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

I agree.

Besides, I would expect her to clean up the place a little, with Brexit becoming very real.

And this is why for the first time in my life I'm defending the Monarchy.

We need solidarity in our country and the rest of the Union(UK) because once we leave the EU, we need to secure our place in the 21st Century.

Scotland want another independence referendum which is troubling to our union but I hold faith that our island and yes, we all live on the same island can hold together and tell the EU to know their place.

We owe them nothing.
edit on 19122019 by Wide-Eyes because: Missed word

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Look I am NOT a Royalist but Elizabeth is rather more of a Christian lady than many give her credit for being, she is and actually has been a very good head of state.
Despite not being a Monarchist (Well I am actually but Christ is my King) a head of state is an important safeguard and Elizabeth has actually been a very good head of state, if we had moved to being a republic and had a presidential head of state

OMG......My eyes...... Just flashed in front of them *President Corbyn*

My eyes......my eyes....

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Despite not being a Monarchist (Well I am actually but Christ is my King) a head of state is an important safeguard and Elizabeth has actually been a very good head of state, if we had moved to being a republic and had a presidential head of state

OMG......My eyes...... Just flashed in front of them *President Corbyn*

My eyes......my eyes....

I shudder at the thought.

Britain would be sunk within ten years.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Boris and his aides wrote that speech...

Not Liz.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Queens speech, because anything the royal waste of space says actually means anything, c'mon people, get real.

You'd be better off spending your time doing other things with your life

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Maybe but unlikely.

I wouldn't rule out a collaborative agenda but at the end of the day, we need solidarity as we exit the EU.

Stay safe Lags, hopefully France will follow suit.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
Queens speech, because anything the royal waste of space says actually means anything, c'mon people, get real.

I had literally nothing else to do. On this occasion though I'm glad I watched it as it made me feel secure about the Brexit.

This is a big f#cking deal, you do know that don't you?

It's akin to the United States declaring independence from the British Empire...
edit on 19122019 by Wide-Eyes because: Missed word

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

I had literally nothing else to do. On this occasion though I'm glad I watched it as it made me feel secure about the Brexit.

This is a big f#cking deal, you do know that don't you?

It's akin to the United States declaring independence from the British Empire...

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Since when did the Queen get involved in politics????

I thought the monarchy stayed out of politics.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Since when did the Queen get involved in politics????

I thought the monarchy stayed out of politics.

Since we the British people spoke out against the fascist EU and declared our will for independence.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Her boys a beast, some might say that's not very Christian, well unless you are a priest.

These people are above the law and indicative of a time period long gone and no longer required.
edit on 19-12-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Oh they do mostly but as the head of state the queen has to perform ceremonial duty's and has private meeting's with the prime minister as well as being kept abreast of important development's.

She is also the head of the armed forces and the judiciary so how far out of politics is a matter of perspective, she also has the legal power to accept or refuse a prime minister regardless of the election result but no sitting monarch since the reinstatement of the monarchy* has ever refused to accept and ask the winning prime ministerial candidate to form a government on there behalf (they technically work for the monarch not the public).

*Because the puritan republican's had banned booze and the people were about to revolt on the issue so smelling there own head's on the block they picked a - very - distant relative (William of Orange) instead of reinstating the House of Stuart whom were the legitimate claimants to the throne but being catholic's the Anglican parliament did not want them and then beheaded there former leader the Lord Protector (Our name for President as he actually had been) Oliver Cromwell as a kind of olive branch to the new Monarch and his backers to protect there own status and hold onto power.
Though as we all know later the Legitimate Heir did come back and raise an army in Scotland to try to take back the throne by force only to have his clan's traditional enemy's the Campbell's side with the English Parliament against him and eventually thank's to his inept orders were he against his general's advice ordered his men (the best foot soldiers in the Isles as they had shown time and again when the terrain favored there highland charge tactic) to attack the English and Campbell forces at Culloden Moor were the Jacobite forces were unable to charge and so were cut down by the superior number of English cannon and musket's.

On terrain that had favored there tactic's they probably would have won the battle as the highland charge worked like this,.

They would approach the English lines with there own musket's until in firing range and then as soon as they had provoked the English into firing there volley they would then fire there own and instead of loading there breech loading rifles throw them down and charge with there claymoor's, big two handed sword's, by the time the English had loaded there rifles it was too late and the Scot's were upon them cutting them down in close combat were there great claymoor was a more effective weapon than the English rifles bayonet's.

Even staggered shot's did not slow the Scot's attack's but that boggy ground did them in by making them slow, sitting duck's for the English and Campbell soldiers.

Basically the battle of Culloden was a Slaughter.
edit on 19-12-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
You do know that, by constitutional tradition, Boris wrote that speech? Her job is just to read it out.

edit on 19-12-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Queen? What is this, the 1500's?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join