It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaur tracks in Tuba City Arizona

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
A great place to visit while driving around Northern Arizona is the dinosaur tracks.

The location is not a protected site or a national park. The reasons are complicated. The land is viewed as a part of both the Hopi and Navajo. This one issue makes oversight of an established park or headquaarters too complicated.

The location is really out in the middle of nowhere. Typically, this location is in between travel to Flagstaff or the Utah border.

My daughters and I took a trip. Down a long empty stretch sits a little wooden sign.
The area has home made shacks where the locals sells their good. There are a lot of worthwhile pieces, jewelry, and other genuine goods there.

The site is open to walk around. However, there are locals who will happily offer a guided tour for a kind donation.

If you go, be kind. Be generous to the locals and enjoy the opportunity to connect.

The woman we met gave us a great look around. She poured water on the tracks to help them stick out.

When I told her that my children and I were there to 'honor our ancient four-legged relations," the guide looks at me and nearly teared up. She told us about her family and her children down in the Phoenix valley. All of this made for a deeply meaningful conversation with my girls on the drive home.

There are debates about which animals made the tracks; don't get hung up on it.
If you are there, you're looking at real fossilized footprints. Don't have a snit if they are not 'real' T-Rex prints.

It's a great stop, and there are quite a lot of them to look at.

edit on 13-11-2019 by LedermanStudio because: typo

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
That's pretty awesome!
I never heard of these ones before.
Thanks for sharing with us.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Great pictures! Thank you!

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio
Nice pics any human tracks along side like in Texas?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

hmm... could be giant chickens? lol

Kidding.... very cool pics

I'd love to see a place like that in person

S&F

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Damn man, you’re giving me all sorts of awesome spots to take my kids, in AZ! Just in the last couple days alone, you’ve shown me two spots I’ve never heard of. Cheers mate!

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I live in Gilbert, I'll have to go check these places out.

Jaden

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Dinosaur tracks should mean dinosaur bones I would think.
Any history in that area of excavations?

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
That's a whole bunch of cuties...... and nice dino tracks..

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

This is what I'm talking about👍

Explore your area, go discover or rediscover the land around you.

Be the source and share📣

Good job👍

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Thank you everyone. I'm glad that you enjoy the photos.

it's not to say that Arizona doesn't have some very dynamic places to see....
but one of the things that I really love about this place is the subtlety and significance. Many of the amazing locations in Arizona are quiet still and ancient. It takes a certain level of appreciation and understanding to get the impact.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
What an awesome experience!

How hot was it?
edit on 14-11-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LedermanStudio
The location is really out in the middle of nowhere.

Did you see any Martian Rovers? I hear that area is where NASA is driving them around.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

The location is really out in the middle of nowhere.

Did you see any Martian Rovers? I hear that area is where NASA is driving them around.

I didn't see any dogs from Mars, no

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Cool and breezy.

a reply to: vonclod

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This is also a repost is it not?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

The account that I posted these on was removed a while ago. However I felt that they were valuable. since the account was removed and these are no longer in the archive, I felt it appropriate to repost.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Was there many years ago very cool place, South of there a ways on HWY 17 is Montezuma’s Castle and Montezuma’s Well which is really fun to visit and explore.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Very cool. There are a lot of smaller tracks same shape. I wonder if it was an adult with younglings around?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

A great place to visit while driving around Northern Arizona is the dinosaur tracks.

The location is not a protected site or a national park. The reasons are complicated. The land is viewed as a part of both the Hopi and Navajo. This one issue makes oversight of an established park or headquaarters too complicated.

The location is really out in the middle of nowhere. Typically, this location is in between travel to Flagstaff or the Utah border.

My daughters and I took a trip. Down a long empty stretch sits a little wooden sign.
The area has home made shacks where the locals sells their good. There are a lot of worthwhile pieces, jewelry, and other genuine goods there.

The site is open to walk around. However, there are locals who will happily offer a guided tour for a kind donation.

If you go, be kind. Be generous to the locals and enjoy the opportunity to connect.

The woman we met gave us a great look around. She poured water on the tracks to help them stick out.

When I told her that my children and I were there to 'honor our ancient four-legged relations," the guide looks at me and nearly teared up. She told us about her family and her children down in the Phoenix valley. All of this made for a deeply meaningful conversation with my girls on the drive home.

There are debates about which animals made the tracks; don't get hung up on it.
If you are there, you're looking at real fossilized footprints. Don't have a snit if they are not 'real' T-Rex prints.

It's a great stop, and there are quite a lot of them to look at.

[pic]xh5dccb1f1.pngThere are rr tracks there as well

top topics

<<   2 >>

join