It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If government is NOT the solution then what is the solution

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

My favorite is the Department of Energy. Their goal is to reduce and possibly eliminate US dependence on foreign oil. Doing a typical bang up job. We should trust these same types of people for making neurological surgery decisions?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

freedom, liberty and acceptance. That's the answer. Acceptance that there are problems that cannot be completely fixed, things that can't be eradicated and that this is the price of freedom and you and others don't get to take away other people's freedom in an exercise in futility guised as a solution which is really just a power grab.

More freedom, more liberty is the answer along with that acceptance. Almost every problem with govt can be solved by limited govt authority.

Jaden

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

There is a need for government. It is an extension of the individual working for the whole.

The problem with government are the bureaucracies. At some point, they all become self-aware and self-serving. Their mission becomes increased budget share and a larger fiefdom instead of whatever they were originally created to do.

The problem with the private sector fulfilling these roles is their mission is profit. Not evil in and of itself but when the welfare of the public becomes secondary, it is a very distant second.

A good question is: which of the two is more controllable by the public? Which one is easier to keep on a short leash?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The solution is to start following the Constitution again instead of ducking responsibilities and finding “creative solutions” to avoid it.

Recognize that authoritarian is just a PC term for despot and remove them from government office or appointment.

Pretty simple when all the tools are there and the problems came from not using them.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Wealth inequality is not a problem. Steve Jobs had all the wealth in the world. He is dead at a young age from cancer. His quality of life was no better than mine. Car. Check. Running clean water. Check. Electricity. Check. Access to healthcare, Check.
What did his billions do for him in the end. It didn't do anything because if I get his level of cancer I also die. Dude didn't even have a college degree which I do have.

Well, if money is not important then why do people complain so much about tax so much. I don't think talking about Steve Jobs cancer is genuinely considering the problem.

Because the middle and upper middle are paying a larger percentage of their income in taxes. And I'm not talking dollar amount. I'm talking about percentage of income. Buffet even admitted this to Congress. That is a big reason Trump won. He promised a tax cut to his supporters who are getting beat up with taxes. They want to keep more of their income just like Buffet.

Steve's cancer is relative because all his billions which you want to take away from him didn't get him healthy. He died from a horrible disease just like anyone else would. But to my main point, which you never answered; why do you want his billions. What did he have that you do not have in regards to needs on a personal level. It seems that people are not talking about needs in regards to wealth. They are talking about stuff which they don't need but desire to have.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

When our nation was created it was dependent on the populace staying informed and active in what the govt is doing to hold them accountable.

So the individual is what is important to make America work always has been, we have lost sight of that and because of that lost our way.

its the individual that innovates, its the individual that finds the new path, the collective dumbs down people to the point they are easily controlled sheep as every stand there and goes... well someone will do it, where as the individual will find the way.

If we get rid of the bloat in big govt and empower the average American they will find a way, the problem is how do you get the bloated red tape nightmare and all the people sucking on that teat ( I am one) to stop and move along, while convincing congress to return the power they have stolen back to the people it belongs to, and if we stay educated, and engaged in the process we can right the ship.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Extinction.

Government is A problem but it isn't THE problem. The problem of government starts with humans. Get rid of humans and you get rid of every problem humans care about.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The problem is that everyone is an individual.

Your problems aren't my problems and even if some of them are the same, what might fix one for me won't necessarily be a good fix for you.

The reason why government isn't a good answer for your problems and my problems is that government wants to have one solution answer for all of our problems. Government is the grand one-size-fits-all solution where one size is inadequate because it doesn't actually fit all the sizes, and for those sizes it does fit, it's not a good solution for them because it doesn't usually fit them very well.

Not only that but government is generally also the least possible efficient provider of the solution that doesn't work well for most people because it has no incentive at all to be efficient. It simply makes it illegal for you to find the best possible fit for yourself if the one-size-fits-all government choice doesn't work well.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The Libertarian Party's slogan is Minimum Government Maximum Freedom.

No one thinks that government can go away completely.

Ours can be shrunk considerably. We might start by eliminating everything that isn't provided for in the Constitution.

Quoted for Truth.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

If you have a mirror, look in it.

The solution will stare at you right in your face.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If you have a mirror, look in it.

The solution will stare at you right in your face.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
We live in a dying Republic with a sham of democracy. As you said money talks and our (the people's) opinions ultimately don't matter in the end. We have had so much foisted upon us since 9/11; the Patriot Act, the Tarp bail-ins, Obamacare, Open borders - all things the public was strongly against but it didn't matter. 5G is coming and the public can't stop it even if they wanted to. We are guinea pigs in the technocratic age of scientific global management practices.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Pretty much, the saying " buckle up buttercup " is about where were at.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I like how you make a reasonable post, and a request for honest discussion, and it devolves to you being jealous, lazy, irresponsible etc.

How about we want less concentrated wealth for justice? Because it destabilizes democratic processes and puts our lives in the hands of people out of our control? It allows a small group of people to dictate policy, legislation and freedom to the masses? Because it creates a two tier legal system for the haves and have nots? Because it disenfranchises the vitality of my vote? Because it allows the foxes to guard the henhouse, like boeing self inspecting its own 747’s, causing numerous deaths? Because it allows companies to bribe officials so they can dump their toxic wastes in our water systems?

In our nation the freedom you have is directly reflecting how much money you have. Apparently, if you are a moron who had a millionaire father, you too can be president! Even if you haven’t been able to master the basics of communication. You can literally also get away with murder. If, on the other hand, you have none..... well, we all know how that goes.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Don't forget dodge the draft as well...

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

You remind me of someone who made a post on one of the other blogs I frequent ranting about how people on wall street don't really work, they just shift around large sums of money while sitting on their butts all day, ranting on and on about it as though anyone could do it.

You know, if it's so easy, then we'd all be doing the same and making piles of money. All it takes is the intestinal fortitude to save a hundred or two off of our regular pay to stake ourselves into day trading and we're on our way to "shifting around large piles of money" and becoming our own self-made billionaires.

Likewise, as much of his money as he throws around on business ventures, either Trump's daddy was a genius to have created a never-ending fountain of cash for him to crap away, being the moron that you think he is, or what he does is so easy that none of the rest of us have any excuse not to be figuring out how to be millionaire real estate moguls ourselves.

You can't have it both ways.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Chicks dig money. That makes you happy?

I dunno though, I've never had either.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You remind me of someone who made a post on one of the other blogs I frequent ranting about how people on wall street don't really work, they just shift around large sums of money while sitting on their butts all day, ranting on and on about it as though anyone could do it.

You know, if it's so easy, then we'd all be doing the same and making piles of money. All it takes is the intestinal fortitude to save a hundred or two off of our regular pay to stake ourselves into day trading and we're on our way to "shifting around large piles of money" and becoming our own self-made billionaires.

Likewise, as much of his money as he throws around on business ventures, either Trump's daddy was a genius to have created a never-ending fountain of cash for him to crap away, being the moron that you think he is, or what he does is so easy that none of the rest of us have any excuse not to be figuring out how to be millionaire real estate moguls ourselves.

You can't have it both ways.

Which proves my point, that many partisan minded people are so myopic that’s they completely miss the whole point. That you can ignore the whole, major, valid criticism that it’s not about what the wealthy elite own, but that they live in a whole different system where they are largely free from our justice system and in control of our political system. It’s about the fact that they have been enabled to abuse us with their financial or legal power, while being protected from us defending ourselves with the only thing left to us, our physical power. I don’t know why you are ok with them co opting all the power to control and direct our society, and be free from justice, while we are all second class citizens, but I expect it has to do with social engineering and the sciences of propaganda and psychology.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The solution is for humanity to learn respect, honor, and dignity.

And we can reduce govt by 90% or more.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

If our Republic is dying, who will cross the Rubicon? And in this comparison is this the Potomac or something more abstract like the passing of the Patriot Act?

alea iacta est

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join